Offaly SHC

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.

Who will lift the Sean Robbins cup this year?

Rynaghs
38%
Belmont
3%
Lusmagh
No votes
K/K
29%
Clareen
12%
Shinrone
No votes
Birr
6%
Clodiagh Gaels
No votes
Coolderry
6%
Shamrocks
No votes
Kinnitty
3%
Tullamore
3%

Total votes: 34

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Re: Offaly SHC

Post by greenairfield »

Would agree to a certain extend specially Rynaghs as they have youth on their side.

K/K don't have youth on their side i would say Birr infact are younger.

Healions 33 or 34 I think?
B Leonard 28
K Grogan 30 will be 31 come October
Slevin 30 will be 31 come October
C Mahon 28 will be 29 come October
D Kilmartin 28
K Leonard 28
J Gorman 28
D Currams 27

9 of there regulars are pushing on so in fact your are wrong on that.

Birr have
Mullins over 30
R hanniffy 34
P Cleary 30
S Ryan 30
D Hayden 32
The rest are all mid 20s or younger.

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

Was working last weekend so made no games. was in county champion home ground for my 1st game for the year.

It was a really disappointing game. The standard was poor. Lots of headless chicken stuff.

I have admit I was suprised to see to see Brian Carroll line out for coolderry. Only in Offaly would a father not be allow to manage his son but the director of hurling but allow to play senior hurling and it wouldn't be seen as a problem.
Carroll took full advantage of his new position.
For the 1st 20mins we had a ref that was letting the game flow as much as possible. I was watching Carroll talking to ref all the time. After 20 mins the ref changed the way he ref the game. He pull up everything for both sides and ruined the game.
The other problem was the nasty stuff Kielly took in the match. Two strucks to the face gear in the match and two stricks to the mid rift. He took his revenge in the last few mins when the game was over but again the ref should have dealt this early and not let build. Slevin was luck to stay on the field.

Best player Trevor Corcoran and Oisin Mahon at full back. Kiely scored some great points William Malone did well really well. Conor Mahon was excellent.

This showed that Coolderry have a great chance of winning a county title. Carroll is in a position of power and and any club that beat them will have to beat more than Coolderry hurling club.

The issues in Offaly hurling have now gone to a level that not even Inspector Jacques Clouseau would believe it.
“Common sense is not so common.”

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

Tox your abuse of Carroll is noting short of disgraceful

tacmot
Senior

Post by tacmot »

Toxicity i was at the Coolderry v Kk match and i have to admit i have never seen or read as much rubbish in all my life as regards your post.
I will only say that you must be totally blind or else you haven't got a clue.

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

I would go with he hasn't got a clue

King Kev
Intermediate

Post by King Kev »

Tox you must have been at a different game than the one I was at. Plus your comments about Carroll are a disgrace. No surprise though.

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

Tox, those comments are way out of order.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

The usual from 'yer man'. Feckitt, I'd have been surprised if Brian Carroll didn't line out, for whatever reason. He remains his club's most influential player, leads from the front in word and deed.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Dontnukejapan
Junior C

Post by Dontnukejapan »

Does anyone know the starting teams for the Kilcormac Coolderry game? Cheers

Plain of the Herbs
All Star

At the risk of encouraging the 'k killoughey' brigade. From the local paper -
KIlcormac: Slevin; McConville, Mahon O, Grogan E; Grogan K, Healion P, Leonard B; Kilmartin, Kiely; Geraghty P, Mahon C, Currams; Geraghty T, Slevin, Murray. Subs: Gorman, Leonard K.

Coolderry: Corcoran S; Connolly S, Corcoran T, Corcoran A; Parlon E, Brady K, Molloy; Carroll, Teehan B; King, Parlon D, Bergin M; Connolly K, Corcoran M, Malone. Sub: Bergin J.
Dontnukejapan wrote:Does anyone know the starting teams for the Kilcormac Coolderry game? Cheers

sam88885a
All Star
Club: kk

Post by sam88885a »

Its is only first round and quality of hurling wasnt great but it will be the quarter finals before we will see hurling of a decent standard in my opinion .

The big question are KK Cooldery Clareen and Birr passed there best and can young teams like Shinrone Belmont Kinnity lusmagh and Tullamore step up this year . Can St Rynagh do 2 in a row ?

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

Plain of the Herbs wrote:At the risk of encouraging the 'k killoughey' brigade. From the local paper -
KIlcormac: Slevin; McConville, Mahon O, Grogan E; Grogan K, Healion P, Leonard B; Kilmartin, Kiely; Geraghty P, Mahon C, Currams; Geraghty T, Slevin, Murray. Subs: Gorman, Leonard K.

Coolderry: Corcoran S; Connolly S, Corcoran T, Corcoran A; Parlon E, Brady K, Molloy; Carroll, Teehan B; King, Parlon D, Bergin M; Connolly K, Corcoran M, Malone. Sub: Bergin J.
Dontnukejapan wrote:Does anyone know the starting teams for the Kilcormac Coolderry game? Cheers
Controversial substitution by Coolderry, I hope a complaint has gone into the CB regarding Joe Bergin togging out for Coolderry! Shocking carry on. :D

Plain of the Herbs
All Star

Last year I criticised the fixture makers for the imbalance between urban and rural venues. With that in mind, I welcome the fixing of Senior matches for Lusmagh, Rath and Kilcormac this weekend and for Banagher in round 1. A community occasion for all host clubs.

sam88885a
All Star
Club: kk

Post by sam88885a »

Another big result of Kinnity and with Shamrocks Lusmagh and KK left to play they will hoping to top the group .

Plain of the Herbs
All Star

Kinnitty the big winners this weekend, the first time they beat their local rivals Coolderry in successive years since they beat them in each of 1983, '84 and '85, Kinnitty's heyday. They will likely finish second in their group behind K-K, with the winners of Coolderry v Birr finishing third and the loser finishing fourth.

Having already beaten Shinrone, Seir Kieran's draw with Belmont means the vertical stripes are almost assured of finishing second behind St Rynagh's. A Belmont win over Shinrone would stand in the way of that (something Belmont have never managed in eight previous attempts). Hard to call Coolderry v Birr at this stage, so I won't.

Some big winning margins this weekend too, and 2018 can't come soon enough for Shamrocks and Clodiagh Gaels. St Rynaghs' 29 point winning margin equals their second biggest SHC winning margin (when they beat Kinnitty 5-20 to 1-3 in 1998) and is five points short of their record win (beat Killeigh 9-14 to 1-4 in 1972).

Kilcormac beat Shamrocks by 31 points (6-22 to 0-9), two points short of the club's record win, a 33 point win over Ballyskenagh in 2009 (4-32 to 2-5). And it is the fourth time Shamrocks have been beaten by over 30 points since 2011.

So an early projection of the quarter-final pairigs is as follows:

Kilcormac-Killoughey v Belmont
Kinnitty v Shinrone
Winner Coolderry / Birr v Seir Kieran
Loser Coolderry / Birr v St Rynagh's