Photo Request

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Fr Ted Crilly
Junior C

Photo Request

Post by Fr Ted Crilly »

Hi

This is my first time to use this forum and I've a request for the supports of the faithful county. My father recently passed away and as an avid Offaly fan he left me with ticket stubs and programs from every major game offaly ever played from as far back as there actually were such things. Another item he left me with was a jersey signed by all the Offaly captains who won the All Ireland. I would love to frame the jersey and other memorabilia but I'm missing pictures of each All Ireland Captain lifting the trophy aloft.

This is where I'm hoping I can get help as I've contacted GAA HQ and other outlets but nobody has pictures. They don't have to be particularly large but even if someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.

Ted

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Re: Photo Request

Post by Bord na Mona man »

True Red
All Star

Post by True Red »

If you don’t stand for something you fall for anything

Fr Ted Crilly
Junior C

Post by Fr Ted Crilly »

Hey guys just want to thank you both for your help I really appreciated that so much. As it stands I have a picture of every captain raising the cup bar Tony McTague. Neither of the companies I was given above could find a picture of him.

If anyone has a picture of him lifting the cup that they could upload or even a person I could contact in relation to Tony McTague I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks again
Ted

ryot
All Star
Club: Doon

Post by ryot »

I have no memory of such a photo of Tony and he was not a demonstrative "rabble rousing" person !!!!!! And I was one of the rabble that day !!!! But if its exists some of the Ferbane lads surely have it, Jimmy Spollen, Eamon Flynn or Sean Guinan ?????????????? Brian Lowry ??????????????? Any of you lads on here ???

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

There's a photo of Tony McTague lifting the Sam Maguire on page 115 of Paddy Fenning's book Offaly the Faithful County Sporting Memories. I'll try to upload it at some stage but I'm struggling with a new phone at the moment.
Fr Ted Crilly wrote:Hey guys just want to thank you both for your help I really appreciated that so much. As it stands I have a picture of every captain raising the cup bar Tony McTague. Neither of the companies I was given above could find a picture of him.

If anyone has a picture of him lifting the cup that they could upload or even a person I could contact in relation to Tony McTague I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks again
Ted
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Fr Ted Crilly
Junior C

Post by Fr Ted Crilly »

Plain of the Herbs wrote:There's a photo of Tony McTague lifting the Sam Maguire on page 115 of Paddy Fenning's book Offaly the Faithful County Sporting Memories. I'll try to upload it at some stage but I'm struggling with a new phone at the moment.
Fr Ted Crilly wrote:Hey guys just want to thank you both for your help I really appreciated that so much. As it stands I have a picture of every captain raising the cup bar Tony McTague. Neither of the companies I was given above could find a picture of him.

Thanks again
Ted
Thank you so much if I'd known of such a book it would probably been a great help. The Richie Connor picture I got isn't the best maybe that book has great shots of all the winners?. I'll have to keep an eye out for it. Whenever you get a chance to upload it'll be very much appreciated.

Thanks again to everyone who's helped me.

Ted.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star

Photo of Richie Connor lifting Sam is on page 156 of the same book.Not a great photo though. There is also a small colour photo of Richie lifting Sam on the cover of that year's Offaly GAA yearbook.
Fr Ted Crilly wrote:Thank you so much if I'd known of such a book it would probably been a great help. The Richie Connor picture I got isn't the best maybe that book has great shots of all the winners?. I'll have to keep an eye out for it. Whenever you get a chance to upload it'll be very much appreciated.

Thanks again to everyone who's helped me.

Ted.

Fr Ted Crilly
Junior C

Post by Fr Ted Crilly »

Plain of the Herbs wrote:Photo of Richie Connor lifting Sam is on page 156 of the same book.Not a great photo though. There is also a small colour photo of Richie lifting Sam on the cover of that year's Offaly GAA yearbook.
Wow that would be great if you get to upload them. Thanks for checking it up for me.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star

thumbnail_20170320_210001.jpg
thumbnail_20170320_210001.jpg (24.82 KiB) Viewed 18996 times
Quality isn't hectic but I presume you'll be able to get a better pic before too long.

Fr Ted Crilly
Junior C

Post by Fr Ted Crilly »

Plain of the Herbs wrote:
thumbnail_20170320_210001.jpg
Quality isn't hectic but I presume you'll be able to get a better pic before too long.
Thank you so much for all your help youve really helped me out with that picture. I was beginning to think he never actually lifted the cup :D