Photo Request

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.

Photo Request

Postby Fr Ted Crilly » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:47 pm

Hi

This is my first time to use this forum and I've a request for the supports of the faithful county. My father recently passed away and as an avid Offaly fan he left me with ticket stubs and programs from every major game offaly ever played from as far back as there actually were such things. Another item he left me with was a jersey signed by all the Offaly captains who won the All Ireland. I would love to frame the jersey and other memorabilia but I'm missing pictures of each All Ireland Captain lifting the trophy aloft.

This is where I'm hoping I can get help as I've contacted GAA HQ and other outlets but nobody has pictures. They don't have to be particularly large but even if someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.

Ted
Fr Ted Crilly
Junior C
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:04 pm

Re: Photo Request

Postby Bord na Mona man » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:35 pm

User avatar
Bord na Mona man
All Star
 
Posts: 3452
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:34 am

Re: Photo Request

Postby True Red » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:00 am

If you don’t stand for something you fall for anything
True Red
All Star
 
Posts: 739
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:25 pm

Re: Photo Request

Postby Fr Ted Crilly » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:14 pm

Hey guys just want to thank you both for your help I really appreciated that so much. As it stands I have a picture of every captain raising the cup bar Tony McTague. Neither of the companies I was given above could find a picture of him.

If anyone has a picture of him lifting the cup that they could upload or even a person I could contact in relation to Tony McTague I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks again
Ted
Fr Ted Crilly
Junior C
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:04 pm

Re: Photo Request

Postby ryot » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:59 pm

I have no memory of such a photo of Tony and he was not a demonstrative "rabble rousing" person !!!!!! And I was one of the rabble that day !!!! But if its exists some of the Ferbane lads surely have it, Jimmy Spollen, Eamon Flynn or Sean Guinan ?????????????? Brian Lowry ??????????????? Any of you lads on here ???
ryot
All Star
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:35 pm

Re: Photo Request

Postby Plain of the Herbs » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:20 pm

There's a photo of Tony McTague lifting the Sam Maguire on page 115 of Paddy Fenning's book Offaly the Faithful County Sporting Memories. I'll try to upload it at some stage but I'm struggling with a new phone at the moment.
Fr Ted Crilly wrote:Hey guys just want to thank you both for your help I really appreciated that so much. As it stands I have a picture of every captain raising the cup bar Tony McTague. Neither of the companies I was given above could find a picture of him.

If anyone has a picture of him lifting the cup that they could upload or even a person I could contact in relation to Tony McTague I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks again
Ted
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.
Plain of the Herbs
All Star
 
Posts: 2791
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:47 pm

Re: Photo Request

Postby Fr Ted Crilly » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:41 pm

Plain of the Herbs wrote:There's a photo of Tony McTague lifting the Sam Maguire on page 115 of Paddy Fenning's book Offaly the Faithful County Sporting Memories. I'll try to upload it at some stage but I'm struggling with a new phone at the moment.
Fr Ted Crilly wrote:Hey guys just want to thank you both for your help I really appreciated that so much. As it stands I have a picture of every captain raising the cup bar Tony McTague. Neither of the companies I was given above could find a picture of him.

If anyone has a picture of him lifting the cup that they could upload or even a person I could contact in relation to Tony McTague I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks again
Ted


Thank you so much if I'd known of such a book it would probably been a great help. The Richie Connor picture I got isn't the best maybe that book has great shots of all the winners?. I'll have to keep an eye out for it. Whenever you get a chance to upload it'll be very much appreciated.

Thanks again to everyone who's helped me.

Ted.
Fr Ted Crilly
Junior C
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:04 pm

Re: Photo Request

Postby Plain of the Herbs » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:59 pm

Photo of Richie Connor lifting Sam is on page 156 of the same book.Not a great photo though. There is also a small colour photo of Richie lifting Sam on the cover of that year's Offaly GAA yearbook.
Fr Ted Crilly wrote:Thank you so much if I'd known of such a book it would probably been a great help. The Richie Connor picture I got isn't the best maybe that book has great shots of all the winners?. I'll have to keep an eye out for it. Whenever you get a chance to upload it'll be very much appreciated.

Thanks again to everyone who's helped me.

Ted.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.
Plain of the Herbs
All Star
 
Posts: 2791
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:47 pm

Re: Photo Request

Postby Fr Ted Crilly » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:07 pm

Plain of the Herbs wrote:Photo of Richie Connor lifting Sam is on page 156 of the same book.Not a great photo though. There is also a small colour photo of Richie lifting Sam on the cover of that year's Offaly GAA yearbook.


Wow that would be great if you get to upload them. Thanks for checking it up for me.
Fr Ted Crilly
Junior C
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:04 pm

Re: Photo Request

Postby Plain of the Herbs » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:56 pm

thumbnail_20170320_210001.jpg
thumbnail_20170320_210001.jpg (24.82 KiB) Viewed 1493 times

Quality isn't hectic but I presume you'll be able to get a better pic before too long.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.
Plain of the Herbs
All Star
 
Posts: 2791
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:47 pm

Re: Photo Request

Postby Fr Ted Crilly » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:49 pm

Plain of the Herbs wrote:
thumbnail_20170320_210001.jpg

Quality isn't hectic but I presume you'll be able to get a better pic before too long.


Thank you so much for all your help youve really helped me out with that picture. I was beginning to think he never actually lifted the cup :D
Fr Ted Crilly
Junior C
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:04 pm


Return to Offaly GAA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], kaiserchief and 6 guests