Rhode in Leinster

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
summerindublin
All Star
Club: New York

Re: Rhode in Leinster

Post by summerindublin »

Great win today, tough game, should have put the game to bed earlier, but still great to be back in the final

llkj
All Star

Post by llkj »

I hope this post doesn't come back to haunt me but I fully expect Rhode to beat Vincent's in the final. Their journey has been too great and they have proved their worth too many times to fall at this hurdle again. Rhode by 4.

Keyser Soze
Intermediate
Club: S Club 7

Post by Keyser Soze »

llkj wrote:I hope this post doesn't come back to haunt me but I fully expect Rhode to beat Vincent's in the final. Their journey has been too great and they have proved their worth too many times to fall at this hurdle again. Rhode by 4.
Don't be so hard on yourself. When did something written on the internet at that time of the morning ever come back to haunt anyone?!

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

Anyone that Peter Brady is gone from Edenderry job? Sorry for posting here just didn't want to start a thread with it

llkj
All Star

Post by llkj »

Keyser Soze wrote:
llkj wrote:I hope this post doesn't come back to haunt me but I fully expect Rhode to beat Vincent's in the final. Their journey has been too great and they have proved their worth too many times to fall at this hurdle again. Rhode by 4.
Don't be so hard on yourself. When did something written on the internet at that time of the morning ever come back to haunt anyone?!
The joys of kids that don't sleep though the night.

Hyper
All Star

Post by Hyper »

kingscounty wrote:Anyone that Peter Brady is gone from Edenderry job? Sorry for posting here just didn't want to start a thread with it
Yes, he has moved on, felt he didn't have the backing of the players....

NewEra
County player

Post by NewEra »

Hyper wrote:
kingscounty wrote:Anyone that Peter Brady is gone from Edenderry job? Sorry for posting here just didn't want to start a thread with it
Yes, he has moved on, felt he didn't have the backing of the players....
Again, slightly off topic, but there are not many active football threads these days. Any other movers and shakers in club management for 2017? I haven't heard a dickie bird?

mickey
Senior
Club: ferbane

Post by mickey »

Best of luck to Rhode Sunday, Vincent's have some of the best footballers in Ireland in there ranks,how many Rhode men would make that team? Maybe one.but counts for nothing when the ball is thrown in.vital rhode get a good start, and not b to focused on connelly rigney will mind him.they have game changers all over the field.if it's tight in the last 10 I cud see rhode with a huge support no doubt behind them edging it,but as I say they need a good start.need to keep niall inside as long as possible,can't afford to let the game get to physical either rhode aren't the biggest team but definitely the biggest heart,so here's hoping everything goe's right for them come Sunday. No one at this stage could begrudge rhode a title after 4 failed finals

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Rhode have some hope. Firstly, they should forget about 2 years ago when they had a stinker of an off-day.

St Vincent's can spread the scoring across several forwards and this is where Rhode will be stretched trying to stop them. However Rhode are capable are launching an ambush or two of their own. If Vincent's are below par (they aren't blowing teams away this year), then Rhode are one of the few teams around who could actually punish them.

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

Best of luck to Rhode on Sunday, they have been a credit to Offaly football over the past 15 years, a win Sunday would be huge and throughly deserved!

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

Good luck to Rhode!!!
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Superted
Intermediate

Post by Superted »

Best of luck to Rhode!!

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

Penalty miss was the where this game was lost , a great chance to put a point between the teams but straight away Vincent's go down and put 5 between the sides. For me this was a great chance today for Rhode, but I have to say the loss of the two army boys was huge blow. Rhode lacked the attacking pace of Anton, they played a short passing game which slowed the game down and when Vincent's got the ball they burst out at speed and fed Connelly and Varley. I fancy Slaughtneil to defeat Vincent's in the semi. Today I thought the two Mcpaddens were Rhodes best players

biffinbanner
All Star
Club: ferbane

Post by biffinbanner »

the penalty miss for sure was the turning point.he hit it well but the keeper guessed right and that was that.to rub salt into the wound vins got a point straight away. it reminded me of an incident just before half time in the leinster final between offaly and dublin in 2006 i think.we should have got a peno when cluxton fouled a young niall mcnamee inside the box.ref gave a 14 yard free instead which we missed..deflating for the whole team. rhode are a credit to offaly football over the years and its a pity if that group of players dont get a leinster medal..30 years now since barney flynn rattled the net late on to give ferbane the last one..

summerindublin
All Star
Club: New York

Post by summerindublin »

penalty miss was hugh, thought that Niall should have said i'll take this, Mcpadden's and Darby's played really well, Garry should have saved from Connolly, also I think that Darren Garry will be a big player for Rhode going forward