Offaly Club Hurling C'ship 2016

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Re: Offaly Club Hurling C'ship 2016

Post by greenairfield »

Lone shark if the CB get upset of what supporters about me they must be a very weak board!!

I will give credit when credit is due.

OCP is a much better facility that SBP we are not that stupid to think otherwise....but we do think there should be more matches in Birr including the semi final and finals!!

Birr if I remember correctly were doing up the pitch and gave the semi final and finals to OCP for a short amount of time it was not ment to be for good!!!

The reason I think it should be brought back I do think it would benefit south clubs and the only other reason I would say is the atmosphere is much better in SBP!!

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

greenairfield wrote: Birr if I remember correctly were doing up the pitch and gave the semi final and finals to OCP for a short amount of time it was not ment to be for good!!!
This is getting tiresome now, we've covered this ground over and over again. However I think it's fair to say that you won't find too may people agreeing with your interpretation of how Birr "gave" the games to OCP. These are Offaly club fixtures, they don't "belong" to any one club or venue.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

Tiresome indeed!!

I never said they belonged to birr the county finals were always in Birr it doesn't mean we own them, but the 'major' hurling areas around Birr loved them been in SBP.

Maybe you might find that difficult to understand as you are not from that area!!!

I will repeat I am aware that OCP is a better facility but I do think bringing hurling back to SBP would benefit Offaly hurling, even if it did improve things ever so slightly it would be an improvement all the same.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Because, in the heel of the hunt, the Birr argument always reverts to - what would anyone from north of the Five Alley even contemplate attending a hurling match for? They just don't understand it. Then they'll pat ye on the head and tell ye how great ye are to be keeping the game alive in what they deem to be football areas like Belmont, Kilcormac, Killeigh and the likes.
greenairfield wrote:Maybe you might find that difficult to understand as you are not from that area!!!
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star

Edward Casey, Clodiagh Gaels Junior captain

The Clodiagh Gaels captain, Edward Casey achieved a unique feat in the Junior final, when he led his team to a title win, becoming the first man to accept the Junior Cup twice. Edward was also the Killurin captain when they won the Junior title in 2008. On that occasion Edward accepted the cup and asked Owen Dillon and Willie Casey to lift the cup aloft.
It's been quite a year for Offaly's newest club. Junior 'B' finalists, Junior 'A' champions, and their Intermediates appear set to win that title on Sunday. A clear leader for Offaly's 'club of the year'.

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

POTH what are you talking about ?

I am sure anybody from any village or town in County knows what they are talking about when it comes to hurling - so don't make it out I was trying to say different!

I was purely making the point that the hurling strong holds around the Birr area would prefer to have the matches in SBP!

Plain of the Herbs
All Star

You know darn well what I mean. So do most others here.
greenairfield wrote:POTH what are you talking about ?

I am sure anybody from any village or town in County knows what they are talking about when it comes to hurling - so don't make it out I was trying to say different!

I was purely making the point that the hurling strong holds around the Birr area would prefer to have the matches in SBP!

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

Sure whatever you think I mean is correct so....!!! Another idiot!

Keyser Soze
Intermediate
Club: S Club 7

Post by Keyser Soze »

greenairfield wrote:Lone shark if the CB get upset of what supporters about me they must be a very weak board!!
OCP is a much better facility that SBP we are not that stupid to think otherwise....but we do think there should be more matches in Birr including the semi final and finals!!
I'm not from Offaly, but on one hand OCP is a much better facility, but on the other hand the County Final should be in Birr. That makes no sense.
greenairfield wrote:Birr if I remember correctly were doing up the pitch and gave the semi final and finals to OCP for a short amount of time it was not ment to be for good!!!
With statements like that, you clearly have no idea how the GAA, or any organisation works.

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

Of course they don't make sense to you...your not from Offaly! Jog on..

Keyser Soze
Intermediate

Post by Keyser Soze »

greenairfield wrote:Of course they don't make sense to you...your not from Offaly! Jog on..
You see, now you are showing your intelligence.
I'm not from Offaly, so I will obviously have no bias towards either OCP or SPB. Therefore a logical argument would surely make me see your point. Instead, you come across like a child in need of learning support.
Good job!

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

Says your man who says I have no idea how the GAA works or any organisations! You don't know me from Adam!

It was a very legitimate point...yes the best facility in the county is in OCP - but should all finals be played there...no!!
Specially when the hurling strong holds of the county is the far side of the county(the birr area) makes no sense what so ever!

Any other issues you have with what I am saying...?
Last edited by greenairfield on Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keyser Soze
Intermediate

Post by Keyser Soze »

greenairfield wrote:Says your man who says I have no idea how the GAA works or any organisations! You don't know me from Adam!

It was a very legitimate point...yes the best faicility in the county is in OCP - but should all finals be played there...no!!
Specially when the hurling strong holds of the county is the far side of the county(the birr area) makes no sense what so ever!

Any other issues you have with what I am saying...?
There is no point arguing with you. You are either an idiot or doing a fantastic impression of one.

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

The feeling is mutual...great discussion!

Keyser Soze
Intermediate

Post by Keyser Soze »

greenairfield wrote:The feeling is mutual...great discussion!
Ok, here goes.

1) Should the senior hurlers of the county not get to play at the best facility in the county on senior county final day? If not, why not?
2) Who EXACTLY do you think fixes games in Offaly?
3) On what basis do you presume to speak for the "hurling folk of Offaly"?

Discuss.