Offaly v Westmeath

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Kevin
All Star

Internet Coverage of the Westmeath Game

Post by Kevin »

Would anyone know where i could pick up the audio of the game on Sunday over the Internet?

I used to tune into rte.ie, but heard that they cut off the feeds. Do not know this for certain...

Thanks in advance for any info.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

What's the feeling around the county for this game?
It seems fairly low key.
Despite all the setbacks we've had in the last 5 years, I think we'll win.

Living about 2 miles from the border, I'd have no time for Westmeath.
For years they seemed more interested in seeing Offaly get beaten than getting behind their own county team. I suppose you'd find the same carry on with any border rivalry where one county is more successful than the others.

It would be a good night in the Auld Shebeen if we won! :D

Ron
All Star

Post by Ron »

Kevin,
Where are you trying to listen in from? What country?
You could try http://www.midlandsradio.fm they might have a live feed. If you're in the UK or Europe you can get RTE Radio One on the Sky digital platform.

Ron
All Star

Post by Ron »

Very quiet here lads, the calm before the storm?
I've my tickets for the Cusack anyway. What has the demand on tickets been like?

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

I'll be on the Hill.
Hopefully Offaly people will come out in numbers and get behind the team, though I have my doubts.
I'd say Louth will be bringing the most support on Sunday.

ballymanabroad
All Star

Post by ballymanabroad »

Good luck to Chop and Kevin in the game.

Is it a cloud of quiet confidence or pessimistic worry that hangs over Offaly at the moment?

It is a very quiet build up to it.
It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it's the pebble in your shoe - Muhammad Ali

The Biff
All Star

Feelings

Post by The Biff »

I think (in my case anyway) that the current feeling is more a fear of yet another disappointing and agonising "defeat snatched from the jaws of victory" like we have become too used to. This is not the first time that Offaly go into a match as the fancied side, but I think we are too battered and bruised to let ourselves show any confidence. I think none of us would mind if we play like shit on Sunday but still scrape the win. Already, I would feel more confident about facing the Lillies (especially if John Doyle is out) than I am about overcoming Wastemeath.

Ron
All Star

Post by Ron »

I agree with some of that Biff. Its probably a sense of fear of losing the derby game that is the main feeling in Offaly (and possibly Wastemeath too) at the moment.

I hope the players are more confident than that though. They deserve a good win at this stage, too many close defeats in recent years. And like I keep on saying if we were to win this game on Sunday the whole thing could take on a life of its own very quickly. With just two weeks till the next game against a Kildare team that we know we could take who won't have the advantage of a game under their belts.

Still one step at a time, fingers crossed that we'll all be here Monday with another LFC game ot look forward to.