All Ireland Hurling Final

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.

All Ireland Hurling Final

Postby fifitrixiebelle » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:29 am

hows it goin lads. anyone know if the AI final has been played yet or wha'
fifitrixiebelle
All Star
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:01 pm

Re: All Ireland Hurling Final

Postby jimbob17 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:45 am

Fifi, you are just pathethic. There is a very strong school of thought among hurling people that certain tipp hurling supporters are very arrogant and become extremely arrogant after winning an All Ireland. In fact people would much rather the Kilkenny approach where players management and fans alike take the plaudits with a certain degree of humility. They are never boastful, never rub it in your face, just take pleasure in knowing they are the best when they win and do so with a degree of respect for the opposition and all hurling people. People admire them for this.

Your approach however, where you go on to another teams supporters web page to give yourself a pat on the back, knock and sneer is much more a reflection on you than than on Offaly hurling as it struggles to keep pace with the top teams. Tipperary is about 3 times as big as Offaly with maybe 4 times the hurling population so just be aware of that. Well done to Tipp on the win. Most Offaly people were happy to see new winners!

You really have two options going forward.

OPTION 1 - Go away and have a think for yourself about how you and your likes have given decent Tipp hurling supporters such a bad name. Maybe think of how a Kilkenny lad would conduct himself in a similar situation.

OPTION 2 - Continue as you do in your sneery, pathetic ignorant manner that lets your people down and sink back into the dirty swamp existence of wherever you come from.

We heard it all before in 2010 when ye were about to dominate hurling for years. Try be a bit more like the Kilkenny lads, you will get more respect that way. Knowing what you have put on here over the years, it probably won't happen and you will continue with OPTION 2. Well done child!

Form is temporary. Class is permanent!
jimbob
jimbob17
All Star
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:40 am

Re: All Ireland Hurling Final

Postby greenairfield » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:08 am

Tipp, tipp, tipp, tipp

I am from Birr right beside Roscrea and could never see why Birr and people in the surrounding villages hated Tipp so much, then I just read a comment like your one and I realise why, the majority of your supporters are a pain in the hole!

Offaly are gone and will be for a while the issue I have is how someone who is " number 1" in Ireland slags a team who are a million miles away from them hurling wise.


Also bubbles interview - I thought it was just the supporters but clearly not - idiot!!
greenairfield
All Star
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: All Ireland Hurling Final

Postby Hankscorpio » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:07 pm

Should have been played in Birr anyway.
Hankscorpio
Junior C
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:03 pm

Re: All Ireland Hurling Final

Postby fifitrixiebelle » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:54 pm

greenairfield & jimbob, the 2 of ye clearly skipped the queue marked humor when yeer personalities were being formed. my post was a joking comment on how therre were no threads at all on the ai quarters semis & finals, nothing else. sneering? how so? slagging? ah lord.

however jimbob when you see someone talking about class & then following it up with 'dirty swamp existence' then you know your in the presence of an eejit so we'll leave it at that. and you admire KK so much.....so unoffaly like, after all :roll:

bubbles might have reacted badly to all the abuse he got this year & was too emotional to deal properly with it but if you think he's an idiot greenairfield then he's a gifted one who scored 1-5 from play in an ai & has a celtic cross. what have you done then? did you score 1-5 in an ai? have you an ai medal? or are you just a plain common or garden idiot yourself?
fifitrixiebelle
All Star
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:01 pm

Re: All Ireland Hurling Final

Postby Exiled in Connacht » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:33 pm

Fifi, congratulations on a great win on Sunday.

2-29 was some score to put up.

Credit goes to Michael Ryan for bringing in some steel to the team in order to match Kilkenny.
Exiled in Connacht
County player
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:06 pm

Re: All Ireland Hurling Final

Postby first_touch » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:18 pm

Brilliant post Jimbob. I was delighted to see Tipp win on Sunday given the quality and intensity of their performance. Such a pity it is the county with the highest percentage of assholes in Ireland. There is at least one of them on this forum!
first_touch
County player
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:26 pm

Re: All Ireland Hurling Final

Postby kingscounty » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:54 pm

He's obviously the old style Tipp supporter , I know a few of the Tipp players and I have to say their attitude is top class , no arrogance just appreciation for hard work and recognising that it's not every day that you beat the best county ever to play the game . O Dwyer let the side down big time after the game , but the class of Callinan as a player and speaking after the game showed how good they are. Roll on next year , obviously we would like Offaly to be up there but it's not going to happen , a Waterford v Galway final would be nice to witness for a change .
kingscounty
All Star
 
Posts: 761
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:42 pm

Re: All Ireland Hurling Final

Postby kaiserchief » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:36 pm

I have never read such bullshit in a forum.

Fair play to Tipp on there win but jesus chist why even create a post like this.
kaiserchief
All Star
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:09 pm

Re: All Ireland Hurling Final

Postby fifitrixiebelle » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:14 pm

Exiled in Connacht wrote:Fifi, congratulations on a great win on Sunday.

2-29 was some score to put up.

Credit goes to Michael Ryan for bringing in some steel to the team in order to match Kilkenny.


a hurling comment without any schoolyard abuse....well done Exiled. as you say Ryan deserves great credit, think management let us down up to this. great credit too to great hurlers like bonner brendan & paudie maher (all gentlemen too) for stickin at it & finally lowerin the cats colors. its opened up the championship for next year aswell. with mick ryan at the helm hopefully we'll have a big say in it ourselves
fifitrixiebelle
All Star
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:01 pm

Re: All Ireland Hurling Final

Postby fifitrixiebelle » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:16 pm

kaiserchief wrote:I have never read such bullshit in a forum.

Fair play to Tipp on there win but jesus chist why even create a post like this.


lord but dats a difficult one kaiser....give me a minute....

to discuss the AI championship maybe? on a gaa forum?

yeh strange I know but nowt so queer as folk
fifitrixiebelle
All Star
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:01 pm

Re: All Ireland Hurling Final

Postby Exiled in Connacht » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:34 pm

fifitrixiebelle wrote:
Exiled in Connacht wrote:Fifi, congratulations on a great win on Sunday.

2-29 was some score to put up.

Credit goes to Michael Ryan for bringing in some steel to the team in order to match Kilkenny.


a hurling comment without any schoolyard abuse....well done Exiled. as you say Ryan deserves great credit, think management let us down up to this. great credit too to great hurlers like bonner brendan & paudie maher (all gentlemen too) for stickin at it & finally lowerin the cats colors. its opened up the championship for next year aswell. with mick ryan at the helm hopefully we'll have a big say in it ourselves


I think one of your problems when ye had the 'Nutty Professor' in charge was that he preferred silky hurlers whereas Ryan saw the need to bring steel to the team and brought in players such as Kennedy, Breen and McCormack who as well as being fine hurlers were also well able to take on Kilkenny in the physical stakes. The footballers loss was the hurlers gain with Seamus kennedy.

Anyway that's as much phrase as you are going to get from me, I might get excommunicated from this forum :mrgreen:
Exiled in Connacht
County player
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:06 pm

Re: All Ireland Hurling Final

Postby allstar2010 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:26 pm

Absolutely mighty win for Tipp and well deserved, there can be no question about it best team won and congrats to them. They were a joy to watch last Sunday and their followers showed their appreciation on Mon night in semple stadium, massive turn out.

Just wondering was that Brendan Murphy I seen as part of the back room team, maybe team doctor?
allstar2010
All Star
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: All Ireland Hurling Final

Postby kingscounty » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:00 pm

allstar2010 wrote:Absolutely mighty win for Tipp and well deserved, there can be no question about it best team won and congrats to them. They were a joy to watch last Sunday and their followers showed their appreciation on Mon night in semple stadium, massive turn out.

Just wondering was that Brendan Murphy I seen as part of the back room team, maybe team doctor?

It's was indeed Brendan a good spot my man , and an Offaly ref sure we won it for Tipp.
kingscounty
All Star
 
Posts: 761
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:42 pm

Re: All Ireland Hurling Final

Postby allstar2010 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:22 pm

kingscounty wrote:
allstar2010 wrote:Absolutely mighty win for Tipp and well deserved, there can be no question about it best team won and congrats to them. They were a joy to watch last Sunday and their followers showed their appreciation on Mon night in semple stadium, massive turn out.

Just wondering was that Brendan Murphy I seen as part of the back room team, maybe team doctor?

It's was indeed Brendan a good spot my man , and an Offaly ref sure we won it for Tipp.


Haha, great to have some representation on the big day. Forgot about Gavin, congrats on another fine performance!
allstar2010
All Star
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:42 pm

Next

Return to Offaly GAA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests

cron