Offaly vs Galway 2016 Leinster Semi-final - Sunday June 19th

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
kingscounty
All Star

Re: Offaly vs Galway 2016 Leinster Semi-final - Sunday June

Post by kingscounty »

Firstly have to applaud the ground staff in Portlaoise, the pitch was in pristine condition and never cut up after all the rain . We were well in the game until the sending off and would have ran Galway to the end only for the loss of Egan. We battled hard for the whole game , I thought the 3 or 4 subs did great when introduced, Nolan was getting into it and gave great ball across for penalty. I was happy with the effort overall , Galway were in all Ireland final last year , stick with it lads and get ready for Wexford . Hope under 21 s can get over the line Thursday night we have that to look forward to now !!

kaiserchief
All Star
Club: town

Re: Offaly vs Galway 2016 Leinster Semi-final - Sunday June

Post by kaiserchief »

Well done to the players and management yesterday. A serious effort was put in yesterday and for the referee to make errors and be a massive influence on the game is just not good enough. I would love to hear his opinion and how he made his decision for both red cards and David Burke only getting a yellow card. Both Colin Egan and Conor Cooney where very hard done by and both red cards should be resinded.

Wexford would have been the best team to get in the qualifier. Obviously home advantage would have been a big difference but Offaly wont fear Wexford in Wexford Park.

On another note, charging €25 euro for the stand yesterday was a disgrace! Are we trying to promote supporters to go to games and follow their county team. Typical 'money making' GAA in my opinion..