Offaly vs Westmeath 2016 Leinster Q-final - Sunday June 12th

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Offaly vs Westmeath 2016 Leinster Q-final - Sunday June 12th

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Dunnes we go...

summerindublin
All Star
Club: New York

Re: Offaly vs Westmeath 2016 Leinster Q-final - Sunday June

Post by summerindublin »

Westmeath will have home advantage against London in round 1 of the qualifiers!!!!!!!!

biffinbanner
All Star
Club: ferbane

Post by biffinbanner »

they will have a handy game v london so!! offaly are 7/4 to win this one.get ur expenses off paddy power..

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

biffinbanner wrote:they will have a handy game v london so!! offaly are 7/4 to win this one.get ur expenses off paddy power..
We have to go and win the game first.

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

SearingDrive wrote:
biffinbanner wrote:they will have a handy game v london so!! offaly are 7/4 to win this one.get ur expenses off paddy power..
We have to go and win the game first.
Easier said than done.

We are definitely building, but this will be a tough game.

They've fallen fast, but have had some time to regroup for the championship. Expecting we will have to be at our best to take them.

No doubt they'd love nothing more than to rain on our parade.
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Exiled in Connacht
County player

Post by Exiled in Connacht »

Really looking forward to this game as a guide to where we are at.

The Sunday Game put up stats last week which confirmed that very few teams in the championship are beating teams who are in a higher division than them in the league.
This suggests that league positioning has an ever increasing bearing on championship form.

However I think that perhaps our success in remaining comfortably in division 3 and just missing out on promotion in contrast to Westmeath's relegation to division 4 may have no bearing on Sunday's game. Home advantage will have to help Westmeath. We have the advantage of having a good run out against Longford with the huge added bonus of a monkey off our back with a much needed Leinster championship win.

When I think of Westmeath I always remember the fright we got in 1997 when we scrambled a draw in Tullamore , won the replay and went on and won a Leinster.

I just ordered a stand ticket online and I am in section E. Any ideas anyone as to where section E is ??

Hope I am in the middle of the Westies and we beat the sh1t out of them. I might be on the roof of Dunnes Stores in a corporate box skulling pints with Bressie,that tosser from One Direction and Foster and Allen !!!

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

E is between Dand F.

Exiled in Connacht
County player

Post by Exiled in Connacht »

SearingDrive - thank you for that most informative contribution. I am delighted to see that your literacy skills have progressed beyond the letters A B and C.

Bord na Mona man
All Star

E is between the Customer Service area and the self service tills.
The view is decent. However last time I was there, as soon as I sat down, a voice started repeating "unexpected item in the bagging area" for the next two hours.

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

Exiled in Connacht wrote:SearingDrive - thank you for that most informative contribution. I am delighted to see that your literacy skills have progressed beyond the letters A B and C.
No problem at all. I do have the whole alphabet. It was just a joke,and I am grammatically correct.
Best of luck on Sunday, hope you avoid the minor pop celebrities you quote next Sunday, apart from Foster and Allen who have lasted through the years.
I am bringing my Dunnes voucher card for bonus points.

offalyman
Senior

Post by offalyman »

Best of luck to the lads on Sunday.... Really looking forward to the game and i expect a massive Offaly crowd to travel to cusack park....I'm going down on a bus and it's sold out... Demand is high...I think w'll just scrape through and set up a clash with the Lilly's for a place in the Leinster final.....uibh fhaili ubu

True Red
All Star

Post by True Red »

anyone got the odds for the game?
If you don’t stand for something you fall for anything

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/gaa-sport ... 17902.html

Offaly 6/4
Westmeath 4/6
Draw 15/2

Westmeath gives 1 point in the handicap.

I could be wrong, but believe the odds have tightened slightly since they opened.
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Bord na Mona man
All Star

Shane Lowry fires up Faithful footballers ahead of derby with Westmeath

Offaly's football management have called on the county's premier sportsman Shane Lowry to deliver some words of motivation in the build-up to Sunday's Leinster quarter-final in Mullingar.

Lowry, golf's world No 41, addressed the squad on Wednesday at the invitation of manager Pat Flanagan.

Lowry, son of former Faithful All-Ireland winner Brendan, won't be in attendance in Mullingar as he intensifies his US Open preparations.

Lowry isn't the first star golfer to address a GAA team in recent years: Padraig Harrington spoke to the Dublin footballers in 2013, and Paul McGinley has helped out Donegal.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic- ... 88045.html

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

Bord na Mona man wrote:E is between the Customer Service area and the self service tills.
The view is decent. However last time I was there, as soon as I sat down, a voice started repeating "unexpected item in the bagging area" for the next two hours.
All check out operators to Cusack Park on Sunday!