Leinster MFC 2016

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Exiled in Connacht
County player

Re: Leinster MFC 2016

Post by Exiled in Connacht »

Good luck to the minors tomorrow against Wexford.

They have rallied well after the loss to Dublin.

I saw the team and I see there is not one player on the starting 15 from Tullamore (not sure about the subs).

I don't have a huge knowledge of the underage football scene but it does seem incredible that a large town like Tullamore is not producing players capable of playing county minor. Are young lads in Tullamore not playing football or what is the story ? Maybe someone might fill me in.

NewEra
County player

Post by NewEra »

Best of luck to all the lads tomorrow. Keep up the hard work lads will get us through...build on what ye have done in the last 3 matches.

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

Great win by the boys today , Laois up next in Portlaoise early July I think . Meath had a huge win against the Dubs , they play Kildare in the other semi , great opportunity for our lads this year.

Buttons
All Star
Club: Club

Post by Buttons »

Wednesday the 6th of July in Portlaoise, really impressed with them today, played some great football and constantly helping each other out. The extra games have helped them out, Micheal Mooney in midfield had a great game and kicked 3-4 great points from play, lets hope they can push on and reach a Leinster final.

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

Good win and well done to the lads.
“Common sense is not so common.”

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Well done to Offaly.
The longer you stay in these competitions, the more you can grow.

NewEra
County player

Post by NewEra »

Belated congrats to our minors. Great effort lads. Fair play and keep up the hard work.

The longer we can keep our underage teams in competition the more they are exposed to training, competitive matches which can only improve them as individuals and as a team.

Buttons
All Star
Club: Club

Post by Buttons »

Best of luck to the minors tomorrow night, would be great to get through and have a day in Croker.

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

Buttons wrote:Best of luck to the minors tomorrow night, would be great to get through and have a day in Croker.
Score Laois 1-15 Offaly 0-6. Anyone at last night's game, what kind of game was it?

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

Were the minors not favourites last night?

dissapointed with the result, was told we had a super team.

Heshs Umpire
County player

Post by Heshs Umpire »

SearingDrive wrote:
Buttons wrote:Best of luck to the minors tomorrow night, would be great to get through and have a day in Croker.
Score Laois 1-15 Offaly 0-6. Anyone at last night's game, what kind of game was it?
Not a great game to be honest. Laois led 4-3 at half time and just came out flying at the start of the second half and blew Offaly away. Can't imagine Meath or Kildare would be worried by what they saw last night but Laois only lost to Meath narrowly in the first round. Big number 8 for Offaly had a good first half but didn't maintain it. Couple of good corner backs for Offaly too.