U21 football management 2016

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
jimbob17
All Star

Re: U21 football management 2016

Post by jimbob17 »

Wouldnt see it as surprise at all. I named the 2 as two of the top 4 contenders in earlier post. The Edenderry lads would have operated on a much better level at adult club level for last few years and have good few who a have senior championship medals with at least 4 or 5 on county 21s. Edenderry will be one of the favourites to win it now! Clara being beaten however would be a big shock for me!
jimbob

NewEra
County player

Post by NewEra »

Congrats to St. Vincent's who completed the historic 3 in a row yesterday. This year's U21 championship has been an emotional journey as much as anything else for this team. The late Adam Mangan was #8 on the team for last year's final and I know he was a huge inspiration for this team. It's not a coincidence that this year Vincent's won the Q/F by a point, the S/F with two injury time points and the final by a point. This bunch of players and management deserve huge credit. After such a tragedy, things could have went one way or the other in the parish.

Next year, only 2 players are overage so interesting times in Daingean parish.

Congratulations to all!

Archangel
All Star
Club: Ballycommon

Post by Archangel »

NewEra wrote:Next year, only 2 players are overage so interesting times in Daingean parish.
Yes, I think 2 of the starting 15 are over age for 2017, actually a large proportion of the current panel has 2 more years at U21. This was the concern at the start of the campaign, that this panel was much younger and inexperienced than the main rivals. Great job by Declan Kelly in man-management, taking care of players mental health and focus as much as their footballing skills and tactics. Everyone knows the story that has hit this parish, and it took great skill and temperament by all involved to remould a championship winning team.
As the saying goes, they'll take beating next year!
Blasphemy is a victimless crime

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

Great achievement well done to all involved, great work been done and reaping the rewards with 3 in a row .

True Red
All Star

Post by True Red »

Belated congrats to the St Vincent's Panel.
If you don’t stand for something you fall for anything