What are they smoking in Birr?

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
SearingDrive
All Star

Re: What are they smoking in Birr?

Post by SearingDrive »

greenairfield wrote:Tox what a load of waffel..steel? We have plenty of steel now just not hurlers and if we didn't have Sid we would probably would of won noting in the 90s.

Lone shark if we done a survey where posters were from on this website we would find 80% of them are from K/K and further north, so yes it is bias to OCP.
The only steel you have is in Grant Engineering. Toxicity is right, we do not have enough quality players at present to challenge for national hoours, regardless of where we play inter county matches.

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

greenairfield wrote:Tox what a load of waffel..steel? We have plenty of steel now just not hurlers and if we didn't have Sid we would probably would of won noting in the 90s .
Couldn't argue anything else. I guess.
wouldn't have won anything without sid. Horseshit. Don't get me wrong he was the greatest.

We won all Ireland without him in the 80 or any other Birr man.
You know name the list of All star received by Birr in the 80's when Offaly had the true golden period at inter county level.
When Offaly won two all Ireland, played in every leinster Final. won 6. and that was one bad day and your out shit.
compare that to the 90's. We won 2 all Ireland's. won 3 leinster, played in 5 out of 10 and won an all Ireland through the back door.
Somewhere in the 90's Birr gaa club got it's head stuck up it own arse. Paddy Kirwan is in the process of get his hands dirty and remove it. Let hope Birr gaa club can come back to earth and off the shit heap they build for themselves. they for some reason they think is a cloud.

I fucking unbelievable that a Birr man could make a statement that Martin Hanamy ( the greatest corner back to play the game), Kevin Kinahan, Hubert Rigney, Kevin Martin, Johnny Pilkington, Johnny, Joe and Billy Dooley wouldn't have won an all Ireland without Sid. What the fuck are you smoking??
“Common sense is not so common.”

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

It's easy get a rise out of you tox.Great players all the ones you mentioned.

Yourself and sam must be bitter because Birr are the most sucessful club team in Offaly and possibly Ireland of all time.

KK will never touch them will they?

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

greenairfield wrote:It's easy get a rise out of you tox.Great players all the ones you mentioned.

Yourself and sam must be bitter because Birr are the most sucessful club team in Offaly and possibly Ireland of all time.

Funny that. I agree that Birr produced the Greatest Club team for all time. But it was one team of good players, lead by two great players. Whelehan and Johnny Pilkington.
Two Players that were outstanding in a team of excellent hurlers.
But it was only one team.
Trash talking other club teams cause there not Birr is MY BIGGEST problem i have with Birr.
Trash talking other team players cause there not from Birr is another problem i have with Birr.
“Common sense is not so common.”

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

I don't tink Birr are in any position to 'thrash' talk players or teams. I am sure there are people from every club who comment on clubs for what ever reason.

I can see you have a bit of a grudge against Birr, is it jealousy?

sam88885a
All Star
Club: kk

Post by sam88885a »

greenairfield wrote:It's easy get a rise out of you tox.Great players all the ones you mentioned.

i followed birr for years so ur completely wrong if u think im bitter with birr . i was a huge fan of birr and i loved the brand of hurling they played .
they are one of the best club team ever, 7 leinsters and 4 all irelands , it would take a really great team to equal their record .
i love to see kk or any offaly club to go on and win 1 club all ireland again .

sam88885a
All Star
Club: kk

Post by sam88885a »

sam88885a wrote:

i followed birr for years so ur completely wrong if u think im bitter with birr . i was a huge fan of birr and i loved the brand of hurling they played .
they are one of the best club team ever, 7 leinsters and 4 all irelands , it would take a really great team to equal their record .
i love to see kk or any offaly club to go on and win 1 club all ireland again .

Finally greenairfield are u blaming barry cowen for birr hurling decline too .