Leinster Club Championship

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
SearingDrive
All Star

Re: Leinster Club Championship

Post by SearingDrive »

Plain of the Herbs wrote:A new place for Oulart to find themselves in, having reached Leinster’s final without having beaten the Kilkenny champions (as they did in 2011, 2012 & 2013), and they are not coming in to the final on the crest of a wave. Quite the opposite, in fact, as they were little short of deplorable against Clough-Ballacolla.

Cuala are a good side but they are missing two of their half-back line now and this is bound to interfere with their belief the further they go in the championship. I wonder will they have the belief to get over the line here. Media making an issue of it being nineteen seventy-something since a Dublin club won a Leinster final. That’s a complete red herring and has nothing to do with Cuala.

Pressure off Oulart to a certain degree, and a fresh attitude (granted that’s by accident rather than by design), I expect Oulart to get over the line tomorrow.
Good win by Oulart yesterday, but it did look anxious for a while in the second half. Cuala didn't bring their previous form to the final.

ah lethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by ah lethimoutwithit »

Well done to them, but could have ended up being a different story had the keeper not made that blunder as it knocked the stuffing out of them for a few minutes after.
Nice to see them win though after a all they have contested over the last few years in Leinster.

Only saw the second half, Cuala seemed to play fierce defensive and never looked likely to score a goal, But the run of points to bring it from 12 down to 4 or 5 would have left the Wexican wave fairly flat with a few minutes to go!!
But well deserved and best of luck to them in the rest of it.

manfromdelmonte
All Star

Post by manfromdelmonte »

crazy to be playing senior hurling on the last weekend in November

fair play to Oulart for coming back from all those losses
only the best...

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

Congt's to Oulart.
I have seen Cuala play like this a few time over the years.

But the Big game is this weekend.
Best of luck to Lusmagh on tomorrow.
“Common sense is not so common.”

faithfull hurler
Junior C
Club: Lusmagh

Post by faithfull hurler »

Leinster Junior Hurling Championship Final switched to Lusmagh, tomorrow at 2pm.
Unsure of the reason.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Leinster final is off, owing to the adverse weather, in case anyone was planning to make a trip.

Correct decision too. With weather forecasters advising journeys should only be made where necessary, and Glenmore with a ling trip, presumably by bus, there was only one decision to make. "Will be refixed for a later date" is Leinster Council's line.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

I find it strange that lusmagh wasn't given the game in the first place..I heard it was deemed not safe enough?? Is this true..because if it is then they give them the match when they realise tullamore might be dug up ahead of the leinster final tomorrow.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star

Absolutely false on the safety issue.

Stop making up shyte and posting it on the internet as if it were fact.

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

Why whats the facts so?

Sharp Eye
All Star

Post by Sharp Eye »

It appears that Offaly Co Board GAA has decided that the hosting of the Leinster Senior Club Football Final was more important than hosting the Leinster Club Junior Hurling Final between Lusmagh and Glenmore. The Lusmagh and Glenmore should have proceeded at O Connor Park on Saturday if the pitch was deemed playable on Saturday morning. Offaly Co Board should have the interests of its own clubs as its priority instead of the collection of rent for O Connor Park games.

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

POTH, any word on when match will be played?

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

Sharp Eye wrote:It appears that Offaly Co Board GAA has decided that the hosting of the Leinster Senior Club Football Final was more important than hosting the Leinster Club Junior Hurling Final between Lusmagh and Glenmore. The Lusmagh and Glenmore should have proceeded at O Connor Park on Saturday if the pitch was deemed playable on Saturday morning. Offaly Co Board should have the interests of its own clubs as its priority instead of the collection of rent for O Connor Park games.
Both games were Leinster Finals and the venues would have been dictated by the Leinster Council so I'm sure they would have called for the change of venue for Lusmagh. Anyways theres no way a game could have gone ahead yesterday in the conditions.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star

I haven't heard,A, but then again I haven't been in Lusmagh over the weekend. I have noticed that Kilkenny have moved to fix their U21 final between Glenmore and O'Loughlin Gaels for next Sunday, the 13th.
allstar2010 wrote:POTH, any word on when match will be played?

jimbob17
All Star

Post by jimbob17 »

just as well it was called off. the game would have been destroyed by the wind yesterday. It may not have been solely a co board decision. As said already, leinster GAA run both of these competitions.
jimbob

ah lethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by ah lethimoutwithit »

Leinster council run these competitions, lies to bate the band peddled here be times!