THE UNDERSHARKS ARE GO!!! SHANNONBRIDGE, SEPT 9TH, 5.30PM!!!

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
far from croghan hill
County player

Post by far from croghan hill »

i'd be willing to play for the craic- stick me in close to the goals i think i have perfected darby's push on the back from 82!! any more from north offaly out there willing to play, true red are you in possession of a pair of boots?
THERE IT GOES HIGH IN THE ARMS OF WILLE BRYANS!!

stupid like a fox
Junior A

Post by stupid like a fox »

Well LS,

I would be will ing to participate preferably in the forwards but whatever position really....

True Red
All Star

Post by True Red »

i have a few pairs...............

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

True Red wrote:i have a few pairs...............
I think that counts as a sign up!! :D

mykneehurts
County player

Post by mykneehurts »

Sure why not. Maybe not up to standard on back of last Sunday's performance. I can run really fast though. :)

far from croghan hill
County player

who does 'my knee hurts' play for????get the polish out there true red- or are you keeping them well oiled with the reds this year?how about this shark, that whoever is top of the league(predicting the games) would captain the side or had you someone in mind for that?!you'd never know KK could find some useful talent in the game, however by the time its played hopefully he will have got the boot...anyway thats a topic for another day!

doobane man
County player

Post by doobane man »

Count me in LS! A bit of experience in any of the 4 corners mightn't go astray - as long as the Ros boys are thinking along similiar lines and don't let the dogs loose at 2, 4, 13, or 15.

Lone Shark
All Star

Post by Lone Shark »

Okay, we now officially have 15 sign ups, (Seamroga and True Red, I'm counting you both!! :D )so I'm going to try to pursue this a little more actively - it'll probably be a few weeks before I have any concrete news, but I'll see what I can do.

Experience also tells me that if 15 have signed up, 3 or 4 will be unavailable on any given date, and another 1 or 2 won't make it - so ideally we would like at the very least 5 more. In particular I'm looking at Turk, AZ, or the Ballycumber and Rhode posses out there!

Incidentally, we are chronically short of ...... well everything really, but even in terms of patchwork jobs, we could use a big midfielder who'd catch a ball or two, and an obvious candidate for holding centre back, that could let the likes of minor and full back burst forward on either side. Anyone like to sign up here?

far from croghan hill
County player

why not use the same tactics as KK does....wait a second, does he have any.hopefully there will be someone on the sideline more astute to make a few changes if required.incidently wouldnt it be great if we could get someone of the calibre of vinny claffey to man the sidelines for the occasion?

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Looks like we'll be fielding a team comprising mostly of corner forwards.
All we need is a couple of players who can deliver it long into the corners.

I think Offaly's next manager will want to make it his/her business to attend this game.
There might be some real rough diamonds!
:D

seamroga
Senior

Post by seamroga »

Picture the scene. I'm carrying the water and the 'experienced' Doobane Man is corner back, and the Rossie are flying at 13 and 15, and it's a scorching hot afternoon, God Almighty, I'll be bunched running into him every few minutes. I definitely think 'experience' is more at home in the forward line.

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

Lone Shark wrote: Experience also tells me that if 15 have signed up, 3 or 4 will be unavailable on any given date, and another 1 or 2 won't make it - so ideally we would like at the very least 5 more. In particular I'm looking at Turk, AZ, or the Ballycumber and Rhode posses out there! ?
Go on then,

if there's a big fat lad on the other side who can't run or kick the ball, i'll man mark him for 50 minutes, till i run out of breath

the weak group
Junior B

Post by the weak group »

i'll try and play if club commitments dont get in way. standard senior with club but myself prob intermediate, outfield that is.

the weak group
Junior B

Post by the weak group »

count me in as long as club commitments dont get in the way. play anywhere from1-9. :roll: [img][/img]

Lone Shark
All Star

Post by Lone Shark »

Just to give ye all an update on this, the Rossies are still willing to play, but are having difficulty getting fifteen in june with club commitments and what have you. I still really want this to go ahead, but I suspect we're looking at a September throw in. Feel free to keep signing up however. For those of you in training, keep it up!! :D