Signed Jersey from mid 90's

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
acgriffin
Junior C

Signed Jersey from mid 90's

Post by acgriffin »

Hi All,

Last weekend while cleaning out my attic I came across a box from my childhood, where I found the jersey that was given to me by my mother, who was related to a player on the team at the time.
I am not a big GAA person and not even living in Offaly, but I have been told that this could be worth a few euro's. Does anybody know where would be the best place to find a buyer for this. Some of the players that signed it are: Johnny Pilkington, Johnny Dooley, Michael Duignan, Joe Errity, Tom Donoghue, Stephen Byrne, Gary Hanniffy & some more.

All suggestions welcome..

townman
All Star

Re: Signed Jersey from mid 90's

Post by townman »

i'd say its from the 1998 hurling winning team, should get a few bob for it, frist team to win the all ireland through the back door, hold on to it could be worth more in a few years time, have a hurl myself with the 94 winning side.

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

acgriffin wrote:Hi All,

Last weekend while cleaning out my attic I came across a box from my childhood, where I found the jersey that was given to me by my mother, who was related to a player on the team at the time.
I am not a big GAA person and not even living in Offaly, but I have been told that this could be worth a few euro's. Does anybody know where would be the best place to find a buyer for this. Some of the players that signed it are: Johnny Pilkington, Johnny Dooley, Michael Duignan, Joe Errity, Tom Donoghue, Stephen Byrne, Gary Hanniffy & some more.

All suggestions welcome..
That's an item to be treasured for people of a certain age like myself!!. Maybe an Offaly based charity, would be interested, problem is younger people mightn't know some of the players mentioned. What about Ger Loughnane? Joke!

acgriffin
Junior C

Post by acgriffin »

i taught that there would be more interest in this, i was only tinking it was worth about €250-

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Surely when players sign these things, they do it wishing it to be a memento for a fan, rather than a means for someone to make a few bob out of it?

DAF
All Star

Post by DAF »

I have a framed signed jersey from the 1998 League Winning team.It used to belong to a former Taoiseach (and not the one you'd assume it was either)

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

DAF wrote:I have a framed signed jersey from the 1998 League Winning team.It used to belong to a former Taoiseach (and not the one you'd assume it was either)
W. T. Cosgrave?

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

Bord na Mona man wrote:
DAF wrote:I have a framed signed jersey from the 1998 League Winning team.It used to belong to a former Taoiseach (and not the one you'd assume it was either)
W. T. Cosgrave?

John Unionist?!

Offalyoz1
Junior C
Club: Ballinamere

Post by Offalyoz1 »

@acgriffin
Are you still thinking of selling the jersey??

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

turk wrote:
Bord na Mona man wrote:
W. T. Cosgrave?

John Unionist?!
Our Brian?

ryot
All Star
Club: Doon

Post by ryot »

My bet is on "Cute Hoor" Bertie !!!!