Support for Longford Game

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Truth as i see it
All Star

Support for Longford Game

Post by Truth as i see it »

Ok you know the drill by now, Send in your Good Luck messages ahead of the Longford Game on Saturday

Friday evening is the deadline

Lets get this first round Monkey of our backs and make a real impact in the championships this year

Phoenix
All Star

Re: Support for Longford Game

Post by Phoenix »

Best of luck to all concerned with Offaly this weekend! It's Championship!

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Tear into them!

The Biff
All Star

Post by The Biff »

I'm looking forward to this game more than I have for a long time. I'm confident that our lads will do themselves proud, and give a display of Heart and Effort that we will cheer to the end.

Up the Faithful.
Peter Parker: I missed the part where that's MY problem.

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

Good luck to all involved. You can do it.

Now go open a can of whoopass on 'em for the full 70.

COME ON OFFALY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

Best wishes to Offaly , play with the same intensity and attitude of the last day and we will overcome the challenge ahead .

club125
Senior

Post by club125 »

For the week that is in it...

……Mickey Brady on his respect for the Offaly Jersey
“I felt that anytime you put on an Offaly jersey, well by God you were expected to give your all and go full belt for the match you were picked in and play to the best of your ability. It meant an awful lot to me to play for my county and I played like that whenever I went out.”

ah lethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by ah lethimoutwithit »

By God that is the type of message worth reading! Stuff like that would mean the world to me if was shown before we go out, that's what tradition and history is about and its how you use it to your advantage.

Rest in Peace Mickey Brady.

And the very best to the lads. This is our time to shine out here on our patch. The work is done and ye know it, this is the beauty of it. You know ye have the stuff to do it, the nerves are replaced by passion, intensity & a will to win that won't be beaten on this occasion.

Come on The Faithful!

Really looking forward to this, have endured 10 hard years the same of the rest of youz and we are going to do it on Saturday evening. 1 pt will do!

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

To Joey and his Offaly team mates,

Relatively injury free, preparations appear to have gone well. The first bonus on championship week.

With Mickey Brady RIP and Tom Furlong RIP to light and guide.

'Tis our field. Drive into them.

Best wishes, best of luck, best of everything.

Nail it.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Superted
Intermediate

Post by Superted »

Best of luck lads! We owe them another one!!

Hyper
All Star

Post by Hyper »

All the best lads on Saturday

NewEra
County player

Post by NewEra »

Lads, ye have seen the buzz ye have generated from a Division 4 win around the county and how much true Offaly people appreciate the hard work going in. That is only the beginning. Take nothing for granted, Regardless of result 3 weeks ago we still owe these guys a big big performance after last summer in Pearse Park.

Foot to the pedal for 70 minutes. Go out and do it. During the minutes silence for the two great Offaly heroes on Saturday, think about what the jersey means and go out and play with the courage, honesty and pride that it deserves.

Best of luck men.

DAF
All Star

Post by DAF »

Best of Luck to Offaly and Best of Luck to Paul McConway especially on his first championship match as captain. He's a fomer classmate of mine a sound man.

The performance in the league final was encouraging and if we can play as well as that on Saturday we'll have a good chnace.

Hopefully they can give a performance to honour the 2 great Offaly Gaels who passed away this week.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

The performance in Croke Park proved what the manger was saying all year, that there is real belief and skill in this group and that they just needed to start believing it. It was a joy to watch, a performance worthy of any Offaly team from down the ages. All the best tomorrow, and thank you for ensuring that I'll be travelling to the game with a real sense of optimism about the summer ahead!
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

hawksforever
Junior B
Club: clara

Post by hawksforever »

For the first time in years i am now looking forward to a leinster championship game involving an Offaly team .
Very proud of the Croke Park performance and the excellent support on the day.
Hopefully tomorrow we will see another improvement in our game and what i really want to see is a big show from all Offaly gaa supporters.
These young lads have put in a massive effort this year and they do deserve a good old Offaly roar , by god its been a long time since this has happend and as a friend put it to me how many people can remember the rover was last heard in Croker and an Offaly man collecting a cup.
Best of luck lads and lets start making the plans for May 31.