Club Faithful

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Offaly Follower
Junior C

Club Faithful

Post by Offaly Follower »

I read recently that club faithful were offering grinds to members of both the minor football and hurling panels.
Congrats on organising this, a super initiative.

ryot
All Star
Club: Doon

Re: Club Faithful

Post by ryot »

Now that if true shows real spirit.......

A great way to help the young lads.....

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

Offaly Follower wrote:I read recently that club faithful were offering grinds to members of both the minor football and hurling panels.
Congrats on organising this, a super initiative.
Everybody wins with positive initiatives such as this.

Great idea.
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

NewEra
County player

Post by NewEra »

Brilliant idea.

This is more like it. County Board take note.

Offaly Follower
Junior C

Post by Offaly Follower »

It would be great if a member of club faithful could post regularly on this forum with new initiatives and events planned. I'm sure with increased awareness the support levels would also increase.

NewEra
County player

Post by NewEra »

I echo that sentiment. That is the kind of stuff that would make offaly gaels join up. Ideas like this would be applauded.

I would also be very interested in knowing membership levels over recent years if anybody has them to hand?

ah lethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by ah lethimoutwithit »

I agree, all initiatives should be posted here and on the county board website. I needto join up myself, but am being hunted down for my fee as I type.

Someone posted here about "County Board take note"???? with regard to the grinds being offered. What is your point on having a go at the county board on this?
Jayz, lets just accept that Club Faithful is an initiative to try to revive the ailing support for Offaly at our games. A number of us have signed up and they have decided to support our minors in their aims to combine inter county training and study. Possibly some teachers who are favourably disposed to the GAA are taking the opportunity to give their time (albeit for reward), as part of the initiative.

Rest assured, our Co Board have enough to service the day to day financing of our teams, also they provide squads with training gear and expenses. I heard the minor squad were given some top class stuff during the week.

Its a good initiative and well done on whoever cane up with the idea, but lets not always use the positive to introduce a negative.