League Quarter-Final Offaly Vs Tipperary, 29 March 3pm

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
sam88885a
All Star
Club: kk

Re: League Quarter-Final Offaly Vs Tipperary, 29 March 3pm

Post by sam88885a »

kaiserchief i think D kelliher could be an option for centre back too and c doughan could be worth a look at for midfield .
i think in time c doughan and c kiely could form a great midfield pairing .
i agree our forward line needs balll winners we really are missing c mahon and c egan up there.
we seem to be picking up a huge amount of injuries this year or maybe sid is allowing guys lots of time to recover from knocks so to have them 100% for the summer .

kaiserchief
All Star
Club: town

Post by kaiserchief »

I too agree. Everyone is saying about Kelliher not being fit. Is it not the job of the physical coach to determine if he is fit enough to play.
Realistically I cant see Kelliher or Doughan in the Offaly colours until the next manager is appointed which is pretty sad.

Mahon is a huge loss, as is Derek Molloy. We haven't produced ball winners in a while and think its madness playing Egan @ center back.

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

Its was a weird match on Sunday. Offaly Could have been 1-5 or 6 points up before Tipperary got a shot at the target. i think the Offaly Forwards were shock in the 1st 15 mins how much space they were getting.
After 15 mins the Tipperary midfield and half back took over and between the 15 min to half time Tipp scored 1-9 to to 3 points. in that time our full forward line didn't get one good ball and our half forward line we're struggling to get pressure on the Tipp half back line.
The only Half forward to do anything of note in this time was Tom Carroll when he came on and the 1st action was to put a tipp Half back on his ass with a shoulder. that something that we didn't see enough (or any of) of and something i hadn't noted Carroll for doing ever before but more like that from Tom and the rest of the Offaly forwards Please.
The Goal was a real Killer blow.

The second half and the Callanan send off which i didn't see at the time and watch back on Poor TV angle but it look Like a very harsh decision. But the Offaly Defence reacted well it took a few mins to sort it self out and for a few mins we had two players covering the full back line before Shortt send Nolan forward. It took us age for our half back line to hit the ball all match. The amount of times we saw a half back with the hurling in the air to struck the ball and then change his mind and try to sole them try round a Tipp half forward and ended up striking the ball under huge pressure. Brian Carroll and Shane Dooley were excellent when they were in the full forward line and given early ball.

Its been a good league for us.
Demspey is outstanding.
the Corner backs if full fit Stephen Egan pick himself no question for what i've seen. The other spot is up for grabs. The Two Wynne's and King are all in with a good shout. Personal Niall would my pick after the league. David King and Stephen Wynne have both been good as well but for some reason i think Niall is just a little bit more competitive.
Shortt can't real call him Find of the season anyone who watch him hurl over the the 4 years at club level knew he was going to be a class act. He our rock. Mean tough and a good reader of the game. He need to develop his bossing skills and get the defence in front of him to do what he tell them.

Our Full forward line has been really dangerous when it getting fast, good ball. Dooley been excellent. Quirke been good. Brian Carroll best position is still corner forward not anywhere else but Currams look like a player look short of confidence. Bergin has been ok still his best position is full forward, have a funny feeling he still carrying a knock.

We really missed Shane Kinsella(who i think is Whelehan find of the league) when he didn't play, He been a huge find to replace Conor Mahon. Paddy Murphy look very good against Laois would have loved to see more of him.
Kiely and Nolan are going to be super inter county hurler but still very young.

The league has showing that the like Camon, Kinsella Shorrt, Murphy and other good club hurlers if give the chance can make the step up into inter county.
“Common sense is not so common.”

Killeighman
All Star

Post by Killeighman »

The sending off did look harsh on the tv but he did mean to hit him on the way by.... There was no need for it as David King was gone with the ball but the intention was there. Due to the tv angle i would not be surprised if Callinan got the red card taken off him

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

6 point defeat against the form team in the country is not too bad at all. But in fairness the wind factor and sending offs probably ruined it. The worst thing about OCP is whenever it's windy it's nearly always blowing straight down the field making it "a game of 2 halves"! Callanan will probably get off with the sending off but he seemed to be niggling at Shortt all day. Without Callanan Tipp look very average (maybe it was the wind) but he really is their focal point.

All in all a good league showing from the lads and they can go into the championship in a confident mood. We've seen as most of us already knew that there is quality hurlers in the county. I've been very impressed by Nolan, he's a great trier and is not afraid to get stuck in. Dooley's renewed form is great to witness, he's class when on form. Two of our best forwards are yet to hit form... So with that in mind hopefully we will have a good summer to look forward to...

sam88885a
All Star
Club: kk

Post by sam88885a »

good luck to banagher concrete in the inter firms all final today .
they have a decent looking team with county players like p camon s quirke c egan c doughan c clancy and s gardner and s dolan also now available .
best of luck lads

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

g luck to b concrete in the i firms!

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

Bord na Mona man wrote:g luck to b concrete in the i firms!
Looking for a solid performance no doubt!

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

Now now be nice :D

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

SearingDrive wrote:
Looking for a solid performance no doubt!
They had enough steel in the end.

Killeighman
All Star

Post by Killeighman »

That point was reinforced

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

The action was riveting.
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

Kevin wrote:The action was riveting.
Had they a ready mix of skill and experience? (this is terrible!0

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

SearingDrive wrote:
Kevin wrote:The action was riveting.