Limerick Vs Offaly 14 March 2015.

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
sam88885a
All Star
Club: kk

Re: Limerick Vs Offaly 14 March 2015.

Post by sam88885a »

Massive win. well done to everyone involved ,i couldnt see it happening before .
The changes worked today , e nolan was outstanding at wing forward and c kiely made some impact too .
Well done Sid .

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

Great win absolutely delighted for the players and manager. The confidence this will give this group will stand to them going foward. I took a draw in paddy powers myself , should have back the boys to win . Against Waterford the first 15 mins we were outstanding , it just goes to show on any given day we can mix it with the big boys , yes the heads drop in games and we can get over run , but winning games like tonight is what these boys play for , congrats lads and keep her lit for the journey up north !

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

The Results mean that if laois get beating tomorrow were in a quarter final of the league.
Look like Whelehan has found Nolan best positions. which I excellent news. 1-2 today great work for him.

Offaly team taking from rte sports:

Offaly: J Dempsey; S Wynne, D Shortt, D King; C Parlon, E Murphy, C Egan; E Nolan (1-02), S Ryan; J Mulrooney, D Currams (0-01), S Cleary; S Kinsella (0-01), S Dooley (0-10, 0-06f, 0-01 '65'), B Carroll.

Subs used: J Bergin (0-03) for Mulrooney (24 mins), S Quirke (0-02) for Carroll (32), D Mooney (0-02) for Egan (48), K Kiely for Clery (64).
Last edited by Toxicity234 on Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Common sense is not so common.”

first_touch
All Star

Post by first_touch »

Fantastic win for Offaly tonight. Well done to everyone involved. Could people please stop this rubbish that we don't have the hurlers in Offaly?

sam88885a
All Star

Post by sam88885a »

tox i think p camon started in midfield instead of s cleary and e nolan switched to wing forward .
i think we had a half forward line of e nolan j bergin and c kiely with s quirke d currams and s dooley inside during the second half .
listened to it on midland radio 3 and i think c kiely came on for s kinsella and d mooney came on for p camon but i could be totaly wrong .
This could be the win these lads have needed ,well done ye done yourselves proud .

ryot
All Star
Club: Doon

Post by ryot »

Only bloody brilliant,,,,,,,

Well done all,,,,,,,,,

Killeighman
All Star

Post by Killeighman »

Don't want to put a dampener on it but Limerick were down a man for 70 minutes. I know you have to beat what is put in front of you but a one man advantage is huge in any sport and without doubt Shane Dowling is worth maybe 4 or 5 points to the Limerick side.

Turenne
Junior A

Post by Turenne »

Congrats lads, now if every team that plays Offaly plays the match with 14 men you'll win the AI. :lol:

Chris
County player

Post by Chris »

first_touch wrote:Fantastic win for Offaly tonight. Well done to everyone involved. Could people please stop this rubbish that we don't have the hurlers in Offaly?
I fir one have never doubted the ability of hurlers in Offaly....but I have doubted the ability of management to get the best out of them. ....but let's not let this victory hide the issues....well done to all involved last night, every team needs a bit of luck and we got it last night with the sending off of Dowling. ......now we need to push on from here and demonstrate that we do have the hurlers......on a consistent basis.

TheGreatGame
Junior A

Post by TheGreatGame »

Well done lads. Not the result I wanted to hear (in terms of Laois pipping ye into a qtr final spot) but that's a brilliant scalp to take.

TheGreatGame
Junior A

Post by TheGreatGame »

Turenne wrote:Congrats lads, now if every team that plays Offaly plays the match with 14 men you'll win the AI. :lol:
Good man. Considering ye couldn't win the A-I in 2013 with every ref under the sun doing all they could for ye I'd keep the mouth shut!

Buttons
All Star
Club: Club

Post by Buttons »

Hopefully a win against Antrim and a good happy camp for the next 2 months should see training going well before the championship, Limerick must be sick of playing us, 2 years now we have more or less stopped their promotion, can we play them every week.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

Turenne wrote:Congrats lads, now if every team that plays Offaly plays the match with 14 men you'll win the AI. :lol:
how many finals did cork lose to 14 man meath down the years :roll: :roll:

Phoenix
All Star

Post by Phoenix »

Thanks to Midlands103Sport for the Online commentary - when you're out of the country it means a lot! It was great to click the Twitter link on the Phone and immediately get immersed in the action!

Passionate commentary - they sounded just as delighted as I was that Offaly were turning it around (was it Joe Troy and Brian Lowry? - anyway they were a tonic to listen to).

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

Phoenix wrote:Thanks to Midlands103Sport for the Online commentary - when you're out of the country it means a lot! It was great to click the Twitter link on the Phone and immediately get immersed in the action!

Passionate commentary - they sounded just as delighted as I was that Offaly were turning it around (was it Joe Troy and Brian Lowry? - anyway they were a tonic to listen to).
You are correct Phoenix with broth commentators. Great win for Offaly, no relegation, and a possible q/final spot up for grabs. Offaly footballers won today, 0-14 to 1-10, great weekend for the Faithful County.