NFL Offaly V Wicklow 1/3/15

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Re: NFL Offaly V Wicklow 1/3/15

Post by Lone Shark »

SearingDrive wrote: Finally! Next Sunday Offaly footballers play Leitrim at 2pm? Offaly hurlers are also at home to Waterford, it appears this game is fixed for Saturday next, I understood next Sunday is a double header, can someone confirm?
Hurling is Saturday at 3, Football Sunday at 2. Waterford requested a switch, not entirely sure why. It was put to Brian Whelahan and he was happy to accede.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

As an aside, I'm wondering if these two journalists were even at the same match. Willie Mulhall scored either 2-4 or 2-8 - excellent shooting either way - while Donoghue got either 1 or 2, Niall Mac got either 2 or 5 (!), and Nigel Dunne may or may not have scored. Does anyone have any idea which is the correct version???
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

'Tis pure sloppy. One fella stopped counting Offay subs midway through the second half. One fella says 'Donohue' started, then 'Donoghue' was taken off. Generally substitutions are listed in the order in which they take place, but the Wicklow subs are listed higgledy piggledy.

I acknowledge deadlines may be tight, but surely a lad could do a proofread in 60 seconds, like?

Perhaps they found Aughrim to be 'a hard place to get out of'.
Lone Shark wrote:As an aside, I'm wondering if these two journalists were even at the same match. Willie Mulhall scored either 2-4 or 2-8 - excellent shooting either way - while Donoghue got either 1 or 2, Niall Mac got either 2 or 5 (!), and Nigel Dunne may or may not have scored. Does anyone have any idea which is the correct version???
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.