London v Offaly (at Ruislip)

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
ryot
All Star
Club: Doon

Re: London v Offaly (at Ruislip)

Post by ryot »

Any word on the team lineout yet ?

Buttons
All Star
Club: Club

Post by Buttons »

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=231029

Key forwards Niall McNamee, Anton Sullivan and Peter Cunningham are notable absentees from the Offaly team to face London in the opening round of the Allianz Football League in Ruislip tomorrow.

None of the trio featured in the recent O’Byrne Cup campaign, with Cunningham expected to miss most of the League after undergoing surgery.

Tullamore’s Paul McConway returns at full back after missing the Faithful’s last outing against Maynooth University, while Graham Guilfoyle also comes back into midfield where he partners Ruairi Allen.

Offaly (SF v London): Alan Mulhall; Daithi Brady, Paul McConway, Joseph O’Connor; Cian Donohue, Johnny Maloney, Declan Hogan; Graham Guilfoyle, Ruari Allen; Eoin Carroll , Padraig Sullivan, Nigel Bracken; Bernard Allen, Nigel Dunne, William Mulhall.

veteran2
Junior C
Club: bracknagh

Post by veteran2 »

On that team v london. Goalie and backs are reasonable .neither allen or guilfoyle are midfielders ( allen going travelling whats d point picking him) .of the forwards maybe one will make championchip team. dat team might beat london but wudnt gain promotion .

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

London 0-1 offaly 0-2 half time :shock: Allen and Guilfoyle the only scores in the first half.

Mountain man
Junior C

Post by Mountain man »

Running out of paper here keeping the score in the Offaly London match. After thirty five minutes.....please sit down before you read this as it may provide some distressing information.......Offaly an outstanding two points,London a solitary one point. Can somebody please supply me with some extra paper for the second half?
On a serious note, unless there are hurricane force winds in South East England then its safe to say Offaly football is in a serious state. (Eyes role,tell us something we don't know). Lets see how the second half pans out. A double figure scoreline is looking out of the question? Here's hoping!!

timber
All Star

Post by timber »

A win no matter what is absolutely crucial for this team. On paper Its a very weak team with nothing in the forward line that will worry teams but theres not much else making themselves available and standards have dropped in the county.

Look we all know the squad is short on quality but this game will tell a lot about the fight in them.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

offaly 0-9 london 1-2 FT not great but the points in the bag thats what they went over for, i think they will need Niall Mac maybe Anto o'Suillivan if they are to take waterford next sunday can't see that set of forwards scoring enough to beat them.

Killeighman
All Star

Post by Killeighman »

Lads i wouldnt start over reacting just yet.... Give it time and they will come good

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

don't think lads will killeighman Pat Flanagan is doing alright good O'Byrne cup and off to a winning start today if they could get a win next sunday will set them up for the league, we were at the bottom of the ladder last year after no wins in the league and beaten by longford and wicklow in the championship i belive we would have lost this game last year to. anyway a win today and the only way is up.

Killeighman
All Star

Post by Killeighman »

I agree. Pat Flanagan will get the best out of this group of players like he does with all his teams

ryot
All Star
Club: Doon

Post by ryot »

Not all that impressive but

A Win Is A Win Is A Win

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

whats there not that all impressive about ryot, this offaly side is starting from the bottom division 4, they won today without at least 4 of there best forwards yes there is doing to be bad days as well as good but i have to say at least the footballers seem to have a plan and have a look of what they are doing on the field and on the sidelines, and the hurlers should have a look at what they are doing on the field and the way Flanagan has them playing for the jersey.

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

Firstly well done to the lads that played today , let this be a stepping stone and move on . Not a convincing win but it's a badly needed win , 2 points in the bag and an away win so let's take it as a positive and get ready for the next game.

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

The result is all that was necessary today.

Good job boys, get home safely!!
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

I'm happy with todays result. A 4 point win in London will do just fine. Remember where we are starting from. Last year was so poor we were saying that if there was a division 5 we'd be in it! Also many teams have struggled in London recently, Mayo a few years back comes to mind.
Huge game in OCP next week and a win will leave the lads in a great position going into the 3 week break.
I note that both teams promoted from Division 4 last year had good results today. Clare hammered Wexford and Tipp were only beaten by a point in Armagh.
Offaly getting out of Division 4 this year can be the platform to becoming a respectable county once again and Pat Flanagan is the one man I trust to do just that for us.