2015 Walsh cup

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
townman
All Star

Re: 2015 Walsh cup

Post by townman »

sam88885a wrote:maybe ur correct townman but what has O baker Mike mac J dooley or sid done before or since they were offaly manager even at club level .sweet feck all
you would have to asked that to the county boards down the years they are the ones who put them over the senior teams, the likes of Anthony Daly, Ger Cunningham, Donal o'Grady, John Allen, Davy Fitz,
would be the ones who could do a job for us but our county board won't spent the dosh, Ollie Baker and Sid were really the only ones in for the job the last 4 years, its a pity Castlecomers Martin Fogarthy didn't get the job i belive he was looking for to much.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

Conrad wrote:Townman I suggest you refrain from commenting on games to which you must not have attended. So let's do forget your notion that Daniel Currams scored 1-5 off Dermot Shortt in the county final. It didn't happen. Shortt was wing back and had a good display by all accounts plus keeping our great green and yellow hope Kiely scoreless.
sorry Conrad in was Sean Dolan he was on, but the back 6 were tore apart in last years county final Kiely might have been scoreless but he put about 5 wide in the final as well as winning a good few frees to.

sam88885a
All Star
Club: kk

Post by sam88885a »

townman is correct d shortt started at wing back on c kiely but switched to full back in the first half with g dolan going to wing back .
rynagh were destroyed by the kk attack that day .
3 rynagh defenders played for offaly last sunday and people were surprise that galway hammered us .

sam88885a
All Star

Post by sam88885a »

townman
u have said that Brian Cody could do notting with offaly because there is no talent there and now ur saying that Anthony daly,Ger Cunningham Donal oGrady,John Allen or Davy Fitz could have improved things if the county board spend stupid money on them .
if we had endless money and those 6 lads wanted the job i go for B Cody .
finally u said only Sid and Ollie Baker want the job over the last 4 years .
Danny Owens say he wanted the job last year and he wasnt even interview ,
M duignan had the job but pulled out at the last minute and Sid came in to save the day .
the biggest fix of all times if u ask me .
no respect to a good club manager who has led his club the right way .

Chris
County player

Post by Chris »

Danny Owen has his shortcomings.....but you won't find a better manager in the dressing room.....His teams will be well prepared, he will have them playing for and with each other, he will never talk his players or his team down to the media.....he goes in with a positive attitude .....the current manager would do well to either learn from him, or invite him into his set up....or even better, just leave the job and get Danny in. He has expressed his desire for the job and the county board did not even want to ask him what he would do......

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

Bord na Mona man wrote:
sam88885a wrote:j errity b whelahan r hannify p cleary d morkam k brady d kenny c egan b walkins and g healion
Seriously, would it be such a big deal to give players the courtesy of upper casing opening letter and using their full names?

:D :D :D This must be hurting you!!

Killeighman
All Star

Post by Killeighman »

James Rigney has retired from Inter-County hurling

sam88885a
All Star

Post by sam88885a »

Chris i agree Dannys big strength is how he developes a team spirit , he is so positive its infectious .
i would love to see Danny come in to help Sid as Liam Sheedy did with Eamon o Shea last year .
danny has developed that never say die spirit in kk. its something we need to find at county level .

Conrad
Intermediate

Post by Conrad »

[quote="sam88885a"]townman is correct d shortt started at wing back on c kiely but switched to full back in the first half with g dolan going to wing back .
rynagh were destroyed by the kk attack that day .

No sam88885a you're wrong. Have another look at the game, im sure they were selling them in a trilogy box set over the Xmas.
He spent no longer than 30secs at full back while G Dolan moved out the field.
Don't spread horse-manure over good crop

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

Killeighman wrote:James Rigney has retired from Inter-County hurling
Best of luck to James. hope he enjoy his retirement. always work his sock off while on the field and was an excellent wing back.
Its must have frustration to watch forwards playing in his best positions.
“Common sense is not so common.”

sam88885a
All Star

Post by sam88885a »

conrad
shortt switched with dolan in the first half are u saying the switched back straight away .

Conrad
Intermediate

Post by Conrad »

Correct sam88885a.
Don't spread horse-manure over good crop

King Kev
Intermediate

Post by King Kev »

I think the mans name is Sean Dolan not G Dolan there Sam.

sam88885a
All Star

Post by sam88885a »

king kev thanks for correcting my mistake

Sharp Eye
All Star

Post by Sharp Eye »

I think there has been an over reaction to Offaly's poor performance last Sunday. It is January and Brian Whelehan is being correct in giving panel members a game. In the 2nd half last Sunday there were 4 players from Seir Kieran players on the pitch. It was clear that none of these players were up to the standard of Senior Inter County Hurling. January is the month to find this out and not June. I hope that Brian Whelehan will continue to give all players in the panel games so that by the end of March he will know his best team. The year will be a success if we beat Laois in the League and win 2 games in the championship. If we achieve those victories a Walsh Cup game in January will be long forgotten.