Offaly vs Monaghan

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Who do we believe?
Barracuda or Kilmurray.
:D

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Barracuda

the bare biffo
All Star

Lone Shark

Post by the bare biffo »

All credit to objective criticism :) , LS, but maybe at this stage you need to step away from the platform. Mind the gap.

:)
"The ball may pass, but the man, never."

Lone Shark
All Star

Post by Lone Shark »

:(

And here was me thinking that I've been a model of restraint this week .....

Barracuda
All Star

Post by Barracuda »

Who do we believe?
Barracuda or Kilmurray.
Sorry to a bit of a sticker for detail- but wehere in the KK comment did he say " The Ball went over the bar"

I know you assumed............... but sorry chaps it didnt.
Of course he was furious as the decision and it help to throw some of you off the scent but he never said it went over the bar did he now...he didnt say it did not either....

Thank you LS for the vote of confidence- it was and is well rewarded in this instance- come up to the top of the class lad.

the bare biffo
All Star

Post by the bare biffo »

Ah lads come on now a bit of common sense!
Its irrelevant now whether it went over or not, but irrelevancy never got in the way of an argument.

If the free was kicked wide, then disallowing it and throwing the ball up, was to Offaly's advantage surely. Why would KK be furious about that.
Is he that "unintelligent" ?

Of course, since I was only listening in on 103, there is the possibility that the ball wasn't thrown up at all and someone needs to ask what the commentator was on, or what I was on.

:(
"The ball may pass, but the man, never."

Barracuda
All Star

Post by Barracuda »

If the free was kicked wide, then disallowing it and throwing the ball up, was to Offaly's advantage surely. Why would KK be furious about that.
Is he that "unintelligent" ?
we lost the throw in and the ref gave Monaghen a free out and it all happened very quickly.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

If Deehan had put the ball wide (as he did), the umpire waved it wide. The crowd groaned. Then suddenly the ref whistled for the technical foul, (net advantage to Offaly) would there be the same complaints from Kilmurray?

The only reason he is complaining is because he thought the ball went over the bar and the ref disallowed a score.

Lone Shark
All Star

Post by Lone Shark »

From an Offaly point of view, the decision was at best pernickity but correct, at worst contentious.

A contentious decision in a GAA game - who'd have thunk it? I'm inclined to be of the view that being annoyed at these things is one thing, but to go giving out to the media is a bit like crying wolf, and it's not the first time he's done it either.

I'd prefer to see him saying something along the lines of "it's been a tough campaign, but ultimately we haven't got the results needed, so we're down - the league table never lies. But we've blooded a lot of young players, and hopefully we can take the lessons learned and the experience garnered on into the championship."

But sure it's all the ref's fault. :roll:

Barracuda
All Star

Post by Barracuda »

The only reason he is complaining is because he thought the ball went over the bar and the ref disallowed a score.
Nope- he knows the ball didnt go over, but as LS says- its an excuse to throw youse off the scent.

Anyway enough about it- it was as stated earlier- 100% wide and anything else is just ramblings.
I would suggest that maybe- just maybe, the ref blew as Tommo was kicking and that put him off a bit ..... that's the best I could come up with cause the feckin ball went wide from that free.
"Sorry for being right so often"