Offaly's league fixtures

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Pool Shark
Junior A

Offaly's league fixtures

Post by Pool Shark »

Football:
Feb 6th West Meath home
Feb 13th Kerry away
Mar 6th Tyrone away
Mar 13th Mayo home
Mar 20th Cork home
Mar 27th Donegal away

Hurling:
Feb 20th Derry home
Feb 27th West Meath away
Mar 13th Kildare home
Mar 27th Roscommon away

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

It's good for our footballers to be up against top (apart from Westmeath) teams for a change. The results from last year's championship demonstrated how teams who played in the top flight against better opposition were better able for championship pace.

I presume the our hurling match against Kildare and the football match against Mayo on Mar 13th will be a double header?

Fullback
Intermediate

boooooooo Westmeath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Fullback »

I would just like to say booooooooo Westmeath. Thats it really. :D

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

League 2005

Post by Lone Shark »

I'd be chomping at the bit to re-assert the natural order of things over the SouthLongford boys as much as the next man, but from a realistic point of view, we'd have to be targeting it as a match we'd need to win to stay up, just like a few of the others.

With all due respect to the lads who'll be taking the field in tricolours next season, away trips to Tyrone and Kerry look very much beyond us, notwithstanding a possible lack in concentration from Kerry so early in the season. (They lost to Longford in week 1 last year). Equally an away stint in Donegal and a home game against Mayo, traditionally a good league side, are tough calls. In order to avoid relegation, which when bearing in mind we've been down at Div 2 for a while now would be a reasonable achievement, we'd have to look at the games against Cork, Dub and EastRoscommon to be getting at least two wins from, and scrape another two points from the four games above somehow.

As an aside, bearing in mind the fixtures, I can see TG4 asking for the Kerry match to be a Saturday night. Anyone fancy a saturday night tear in Tralee? :D

Percy Sledgehammer
Senior

February 6th

Post by Percy Sledgehammer »

The league campaign is all very well, but this is really the be-all and end all. We have to win, we will win, and we'll march en masse, on foot, all the way to Silvers and pillage as is our birthright. :twisted:

I suggest we bring back Clocker, Paddy McCormack and Oliver MacManus to line the midfield.