Save yourself a fiver by pre-booking NHL tickets

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Save yourself a fiver by pre-booking NHL tickets

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

I'm not sure how widely known this is, so I said I'd put it out there.

For the last few years NHL Division 1 matches have cost €13 to get into. This year admission is €15 cash at the stile, but pre-booked tickets on gaa.ie cost €10 (plus €1 P&p).

To book, go to gaa.ie home page and follow the instructions.

Hope the ticket arrives in time.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

bracknaghboy
All Star

Re: Save yourself a fiver by pre-booking NHL tickets

Post by bracknaghboy »

Thanks for pointing this out POTH. Thats reasonable in fairness. 15Euro is too steep in my opinion. Anyways you can walk into Supervalu or Centra stores and buy the tickets for a tenner over the counter to avoid having to wait by the letterbox! So come on folks no excuse for not packing out OCP on Sunday 8)

kinnittyman
All Star

Post by kinnittyman »

Scally's in Tullamore sell the GAA tickets. Very handy facility. Don't think anywhere else in Tullamore do them.

I presume every single shop, bar and chippers in Birr sells them??

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

kinnittyman wrote:I presume every single shop, bar and chippers in Birr sells them??
Such was the demand my sources have told me they were sold out in Birr by noon today. Went quicker than Garth Brooks so we are in for some atmosphere Sunday.
They are currently awaiting any surplus tickets from the Tullamore region to fulfill the demand. Lets hope nobody gets turned away!

Plain of the Herbs
All Star

€15 for a league game is especially steep, given that a terrace ticket for the Kilkenny match last summer cost a mere tenner.

I forgot about buying tickets in the supermarkets. Can I buy a ticket for an Offaly match in another county, or only within Offaly?

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

Plain of the Herbs wrote:€15 for a league game is especially steep, given that a terrace ticket for the Kilkenny match last summer cost a mere tenner.

I forgot about buying tickets in the supermarkets. Can I buy a ticket for an Offaly match in another county, or only within Offaly?
You can buy a ticket for any of the games at any participating Supervalu or Centra. I got tickets for the Offaly Waterford game last year in Dublin if memory serves me right.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

bracknaghboy wrote:
kinnittyman wrote:I presume every single shop, bar and chippers in Birr sells them??
Such was the demand my sources have told me they were sold out in Birr by noon today. Went quicker than Garth Brooks so we are in for some atmosphere Sunday.
They are currently awaiting any surplus tickets from the Tullamore region to fulfill the demand. Lets hope nobody gets turned away!
More likely Birr will grab Crinkle's allocation and then let them have any leftovers. :mrgreen:

kinnittyman
All Star

Post by kinnittyman »

Bord na Mona man wrote:
bracknaghboy wrote:
More likely Birr will grab Crinkle's allocation and then let them have any leftovers. :mrgreen:
Post of the year won already!! Quality.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

Bord na Mona man wrote:
bracknaghboy wrote:
throw in a few club all irelands medals to :lol: mind you we could give most clubs in offaly one :wink:

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

bracknaghboy wrote:
i'd say he won't be hard to beat the atmosphere that was there last sunday with the shit that was served up bracknaghboy, :roll:

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

kinnittyman wrote:Scally's in Tullamore sell the GAA tickets. Very handy facility. Don't think anywhere else in Tullamore do them.

I presume every single shop, bar and chippers in Birr sells them??
be no problem in kinnitty getting them with all the shops there. its so long since the kinnitty crowd
went to a game they think the league games are still in Birr, :lol:

Plain of the Herbs
All Star

Got mine this evening in a SuperValu far from home, so evidently they can be purchased in any SuperValu nationwide.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star

A reminder that NHL tix can again be got for €10 if purchased in advance.