LSFC v Kildare

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
summerindublin
All Star
Club: New York

Re: LSFC v Kildare

Post by summerindublin »

I see that Johnny Brickland is in training with Offaly since the Limerick match, will he start midfield instead of the muppet from the town?

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

"Not sure can Offaly improve substantially on their league form and play." Well said Fargo, but at least next year things will be better when we keep doing the same things over and over again with our minors and u21's as you insist we should do.

True Red
All Star

Post by True Red »

No need to be calling anyone muppet's on here lads. The chap made a mistake, has paid a heavy price (as have the other lads)and thats all really.

Nobody is perfect.
If you don’t stand for something you fall for anything

Club Faithful
Junior B

Post by Club Faithful »

HI Folks

We are running a bus to the game on Saturday. It leaves O'Connor Square in Tullamore at 1pm and will stop in Daingean (Seery's), Rhode (Killeens) and Edenderry (Foy's) and then proceed direct to Croke Park. Cost is 15 euro return and if interested contact Brian on 087 9289677 before Wednesday night. It is planned to return at approx 9pm after the Dublin and Westmeath game.

brownie
Junior A

Post by brownie »

is this the team bus?

timber
All Star

Post by timber »

Lads the omens are good. High school musical has made a big return.

http://youtu.be/ZwS14TiO7Pk

The Biff
All Star

Post by The Biff »

I'm not looking for them back, but I'm just wondering if the "Three Amigos" are still off the panel?

Will this mean Brian Connor moving out to midfield? That would be unfortunate as he is one of our few scoring threats, but I suppose a midfield base doesn't have to mean you cant or wont score. Anyone know who else is likely to fill the enforced gaps?

Cavan and London have shown what can happen when the fancied team decides to underperform on a particular day.
Peter Parker: I missed the part where that's MY problem.

lostinjuniora
Intermediate
Club: Ballinagar

Post by lostinjuniora »

Club Faithful wrote:HI Folks

We are running a bus to the game on Saturday. It leaves O'Connor Square in Tullamore at 1pm and will stop in Daingean (Seery's), Rhode (Killeens) and Edenderry (Foy's) and then proceed direct to Croke Park. Cost is 15 euro return and if interested contact Brian on 087 9289677 before Wednesday night. It is planned to return at approx 9pm after the Dublin and Westmeath game.
Cracking price for a bus to croke park, total cost of match ticket and transport €40.

Considering it was €20 into O Moore park for the Laois shambles on Sunday. Think I'll be watching "Babys day out" and the legend that is Vinny Claffey on midlands 103

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Fair play to club Faithful and the efforts that they are making. Price of €15 is very good.

Sadly was listening to Brian Lowry, (in fairness only got the tail end of it), but was highlighting the progress made when they were able to fill a ......23 seater bus for the Limerick game. At that stage, (last Sunday evening) they were not even definite on running the bus, they were hoping for numbers for it.
When I look at some of the comments on here, I can see why, the only muppets are some of the posters on here.
You must have spent more than the summerindublin to develop that level of arrogance towards players who have put in huge efforts, (and have been penalised for a lapse in discipline).

I fear that there wont be much more at the game on Saturday evening than were at the league final from Offaly.

lostinjuniora
Intermediate
Club: Ballinagar

Post by lostinjuniora »

In fairness a lot of fellas cant afford to be paying that money to go to Croker. At least €60 needed for the evening and that would be cutting it very tight (cans of Scrumpy Jack in the big tree). Roughly how many from Uibh Fhailli went to the match in Portlaoise last season? Dont get me wrong I love Offaly football and always will but the beating we got last year from Kildare would turn lads off making the trip big time. Hope im proved wrong :!:

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Some of Offaly's best wins have been when only a man and his dog from the county turned up.
- 1980 Leinster final vs Kilkenny. A Leinster final with only 9k at it.
- 2000 Offaly shocked both defending All Ireland champions (Meath and Cork) and only a tiny crowd from Offaly were at either game.
- 2008 vs Limerick in the Gaelic Grounds. Looked like about 50 (not including players) Offaly people at it.

A smaller Offaly crowd means you have less chance of encountering muppets afterwards flinging their programmes on the ground and howling about wasting their money following that shower and vowing never to do so again.
If no one from Offaly goes on Saturday night, we have a great chance!

llkj
All Star

Post by llkj »

40euro to get from home to Croke Park and back and see 2 games of championship football is a pretty good deal in my eyes.

It's not as if we've been overburdened with travelling around the country in recent years following our teams on long Summer adventures. A trip to Portlaois is about as exotic as it has gotten most of the time. I think most of us here would happily have some finance headaches this Summer, if it meant having something to shout about.

My wish for this weekend - "We don't have to listen to someone say "Kildare are 4 years ahead of us in terms of their development..." Please God, nobody utter that sentence, please. We listened to it every year for the last 3 years... so by now we should be just over their shoulder on the final bend, coming into the home straight and ready to kick and blow them out of the water!

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

No wonder you are lostinjuniora with that atitude and I dont mean to be smug or anything (I dont know your situation and I know there are plenty of people struggling). Lets face it times are tough, but we have not played in Croke park for over 5 years, (football). Dont mention the league final(was at it and there wasnt 400 at it). There is still money in this God forsaken county but little ambition.

A family could go for €36 and have a good day out not counting a picnic and fuel (combined €30) next Saturday, (if they are affiliated, and order tickets as part of a group through a club).
My young lad is going on his school tour (10yrs old), €25 plus his mother tells me he needs an additional €20 for the shop and various activities at Tayto park, €45 alone!! These are expense that should be strongly challenged with the school. Half the kids have been there already and the last thing the rest need is a free bag of Tayto!

Best of luck to the players on Saturday, they have put in a huge effort this year and I wish them all the best and will be there, and enjoy the Croke park experience, and me sandwiches & Tay! :P

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

Offaly 10/1 to win. Kildare 1/20. The draw is coming in at 20/1 , worth sticking a fiver on it me thinks. Offaly to go in leading at half time 13/2 not to bad either.

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

kingscounty wrote:Offaly 10/1 to win. Kildare 1/20. The draw is coming in at 20/1 , worth sticking a fiver on it me thinks.
Agreed. A fiver on Kildare will return a 25 cent profit......better than nothing in these hard times :lol: