Offaly starting team to face Kilkenny

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Re: Offaly starting team to face Kilkenny

Post by Bord na Mona man »

turk wrote:I think it's a great story. I'd like to add that Baker probably had to be restrained by the other selectors as he flew into a rage. Then a five minute tussle ensued between seven grown men which culminated in a whiskey bottle being smashed over Baker's head.
That sounds about right.
I heard it all started when Rigney brought a ferret to training in his kitbag.
It escaped in the dressing room, ran up the sleeve of Baker's jacket and bit him on the neck.
All hell broke lose, with tables being turned over, lads thrown out of windows and a piano getting smashed,

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

Yea have some imaginations lads :(

jimbob17
All Star

Post by jimbob17 »

Bord na Mona man wrote:
turk wrote:I think it's a great story. I'd like to add that Baker probably had to be restrained by the other selectors as he flew into a rage. Then a five minute tussle ensued between seven grown men which culminated in a whiskey bottle being smashed over Baker's head.
That sounds about right.
I heard it all started when Rigney brought a ferret to training in his kitbag.
It escaped in the dressing room, ran up the sleeve of Baker's jacket and bit him on the neck.
All hell broke lose, with tables being turned over, lads thrown out of windows and a piano getting smashed,

yea heard that too, but worse again....the reason the piano was broke was because when the lads came in from the running at the end of training, Baker and Cunningham were singing "The lovely rose of Clare" in the Offaly dressing room. Corrigan didnt like it and started a row. Apparently the ferret disappeared and punctured baker's wheels by biting them, and did a legger to Tullamore in the back of Shane Dooley's car where he met up with Rigney for a few pint's in the Bridge house disco.......Stranger things have happened.......
jimbob

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

And thus welcome to the new "Hogan Stand" :evil:

Clubman2013
Junior C

Post by Clubman2013 »

Let's just set a few things straight......Jimmy Rigney is not serving a 48 week ban and is currently hurling with his club. Baker and Rigney met and Baker told Rigney if he wanted anything to do with the county panel he had to give up working in the Bridge House straight away, Rigney told him he would have to work in a weeks notice but this was not good enough for Baker.Rigney is not the only person involved with the county double jobbing Colin Egan and Joe Bergin along with Baker not only is he a sergeant in Tullamore but he is taking in a nice little wage training the Offaly hurlers, I doubt he would give the 2nd wage up.Rigney has given 9 years to the Offaly hurlers and this is how he is treated.

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

Any word on how things are going with the hurlers?
Any matches played since the last league game?

Killeighman
All Star

Post by Killeighman »

They lost to clare last wednesday night by 2-19 to 1-18 in a challenge

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

Post by fifitrixiebelle »

I hav huge confidence coming up to this match . reckon offaly by 2. its in me waters.

biffo1991
Junior C

Post by biffo1991 »

Any Challenge Games of late??

Is del morkan out of the kilkenny game with the broken bone in his foot sustained in the limerick game in the league??

I think after watching the kilkenny game today were goin to have a strong hold on michael fennely in the midfield....Rory for the job ;)

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

fifitrixiebelle wrote:I hav huge confidence coming up to this match . reckon offaly by 2. its in me waters.
your old tipp shit on the swing again today fifi they are getting tired beating tipp in finals now
Lar got a few nice digs no harm might keep his mouth shut for a while

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

cant wait for the championship to start, reckon offaly by 2 they cant keep shitting the swing v kk at minor u21 & senior for ever now can they?

well done to the wexican minors, went down to nolan pk & bet the cats the other night. good to see someone other than the dubs doing it at underage level in leinster.
I had great hopes for this year @ minor after putting the mighty Carlow to the sword & after all 'a few years ago we lost to them and westmeath' but the dubs are heading for underage kings in leinster now. we'd better hope galway don't come in underage.

oh for the days johnny wud smoke 40 woodbine, go on the tear all nite and turn up and bate whoever it was. ah the memories... :mrgreen:

My Left Foot
Senior

Post by My Left Foot »

aaaaaaaaw poor ickle fifi

lost another final did we ?

had to come on to an Offaly website when you got home from "that Dublin" wearing your Nicky English jim jams to try and get over the diappointment did you ?

Bless.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

didn't hear much from fiffi when the great underage tipp footballers got there arse hand it to them
a few weeks ago, division 4 again for them.

goes to show you even the tipp players don't like Lar as they let JJ Delaney and kilkenny keeper Murphy kick the shit out of him on the ground yesterday without a tipp player coming to his aid. :lol:

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

was that a div 1 final yesterday? in the last 10 yrs kk have been in 6 & tipp in 4 I think. thats where ya need to be, up @ the top in div 1. even down @ the bottom of div 1 is nowhere really. and div 2? unfortunately for our lads its the complete also rans unless ya at least get to the final. is it true our lads have got to only 3 div 1 fianls in nearly 90 yrs? I can never remember these things...

Ya, losing a final would be bad but worse would not even be gettint to one - and for years. :lol:

I have hopes tho that they'll change the name of div 2, sorry 1b, this year again..maybe to sumtin like Div Not Totally F....g Useless Really. Ya know just to give encouragement to the lads. Cud help the mighty Ollie to raise the sights above Carlow even tho 'a few years ago we lost to them and westmeath'.

football? give us a break. Div 4 even...was there a final. did we win it?????? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: no time for dat even tho my galway friends tell me that only 3 teams have won county hurling & football titles over the last 10 yrs or so; them tipp & cork. dats the championship of course & dats all that matters & I don't suppose that we've palyed any of those 3 in championship in yrs. boring oul stuff anyway

big hopes now that hurling is back in brendans pk. its a hole but its just the thing thatll raise us up to bate the cats. :lol:

My Left Foot
Senior

Post by My Left Foot »

Ah Bless - hes back again

You don't have to go into detail - we know you're upset

get back into your onesy and off to bed with you for a little nap.