All Ireland Club Hurling Championship 2012-2013

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
fifitrixiebelle
All Star

Re: All Ireland Club Hurling Championship 2012-2013

Post by fifitrixiebelle »

offaly lads giving out about referees.....what next? an imam giving out about muslims?
well done to me ould mucker from across the border, Trevor, on getting all KKs scores from play

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Did anyone else notice a 'clank' sound from Conor Slevin's puckout hurl? I was in the Canal End Stand and it gave the sound of hitting the ball with the band on the hurl being loose. Now maybe the sound was created by an echo from the stands though the lad seemed to be 'nursing' the bas of the hurl betimes before pucking out.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

westender
Junior A
Club: n/a

Post by westender »

Just thought forward line was the difference today.

manfromdelmonte
All Star

Post by manfromdelmonte »

I felt KK completely lost their shape
they were just hoofing balls down into the middle of St Thomas' backs.
what happened to using the width of the park and making space?
the lack of space suited the bigger Thomas' backs.

they took off the only man to score from play. 1-1. I know he wasn't up to much, but at least he was scoring.

Yeah the referee was poor, but KK have themselves to blame for most of what went wrong.
just my opinion/
only the best...

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

Fifi, how did the parade go in Thurles? Heard it was changed to today to cater for the All Ireland club final that ye were to be in???

Back to the game, Sexton got the sending off wrong, (the first one), and a 65 wrong. Lets be fair, the linesmen made the wrong calls over those line balls, so lets not blame him for them.
But IMO he gave KK plenty of marginal calls during the game, Anyone else see the blatant shove on the defender for the KK goal, secondly Slevin scored a free 45 yds out on the hogan sideline in the first half where there was a blatant pull of a Thomas's jersey.

KK were their own worst enemies though as they hurled aimless ball in on top of their forward line, and did not have any of the link up play from the last 2 games.
Thomas's also won the tactical battle where they won all the breaks around the middle third, and undid this by hurling aimless ball forward themselves. Also they appeared very nervous, the missd ball by the defender on his own, was followed by the free which led to Thomas's goal.
Well done to the Galway men, yes the ref made one bad call, but lets put it into perspective. Not too many KK men will be able to look at this video and say they hurled to their best. Of course they tried there damndest, and owe nobody anything after the entertainment they have given, but they need to learn from the little things that went against them and the best of luck to them as they regroup over the coming weeks.

FAir play to everybody who turned out, huge support from all over the county!

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

Ahlethimoutwithit wrote:Fifi, how did the parade go in Thurles? Heard it was changed to today to cater for the All Ireland club final that ye were to be in???
screw thurles, who cares... but when you get to a final you win it. that 'at least we were there stuff' is just manure. only 2 scores from play in an hours hurling from the roscrea man & the ref is to blame for losing. ah jaysus almighty!!

Things isnt all bad- serious win over carla today.

timber
All Star

Post by timber »

Nice to see a bitter Tipp boy back here. If Tipps best were made a show of by KK then he has little right to try and pick faults with KK.

I know 1.1 from play was a poor return. But if you are fouled everytime you get possession in the scoring zone then there is little that can be done. The fact they were winning so many scorable frees showed that they had the beaten of their men. I would say Gorman and the Geraghty's struggled and did'nt perform as well as they can.

A bad call for me was the move of Mahon to full forward. He is not a silky hurler but he caused havoc for Thomas's half back line. A brilliant nuasance would be a good description maybe. He was winning a good amount of ball and stopping alot coming out. Thomas's won alot more clean possession after his move. I think KK saw that they had taken control of the game and a good few balls were dropping around the 14. Maybe they sensed a goal would have came and if it did I think they would have seen out the game with a bit to spare. But moving Mahon took away his power, pace and workrate from an important part of the field when energy levels were low. KK did lose their shape around that sector.

Kilmartin outhurled David Burke and had a fine game. Very unfortunate for him to get the line. Killian Leonards was a complete farce. The number 6 really acted terribly with the theatrics. Sexton made a right balls of it with the two sending offs. And it did make a difference. It was not the only reason KK were narrowly pipped but it had a big part to play in it.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

easy know tipp have won a few matches fifi is on site, no sign of him when k/k hurl the sh.t out of
Thurles with the great Lar and P.Maher :lol:

also the shambles that went on in croker in the semil again kilkenny where Cody and co made tipp
look a right bo...ks as Lar ran around and got the sh.ts at half time :lol: as he was late back on
with the thoughts of running around after Tommy walsh with kilkenny and the whole country laughing
at what tipp brought to the table at an all ireland semil-final.

yes well done to Thomas on there win, but my all ireland was putting New York Lar and Padraig Maher back in their box.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

In yesterday's indo:

"All-Ireland club hurling final referee John Sexton is understood to have come under fire as he made his way off the field in yesterday's match.

Sexton, who sent off two Kilcormac-Killoughey players, was confronted by a supporter who came down to the tunnel area wielding a flag as the officials made their way off."

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

Sunday game was a classic Battle. St Thomas and Kilcormac Killoughey both were excellent on the day. the Weather was shocking but both team set to the task for the start.
Its was Hurling brawl at its best.
Conditions under foot were slippy.
St. Thomas full back line were on top for most of the game. But then Kilcormac Killoughey half back and full back took control in the second half. they boss the game and Damien Kilmartin was make a name for himself as one of the the best midfielder in the country. He ruled the midfield with an iron fist in the second half. bursting forward leading Kilcormac-Killoughey forward.
Slevin free taking and general play was excellent. The rest of the Kilcormac Killoughey forward were working like trooper but find it hard to make head way.
they was nothing in this game.

I think John Sexton want to win an All-Ireland for someone he was itching to send someone off from throw in. It didn't matter to him who it was St. Thomas or Kilcormac Killoughey.
He want to be the authority figure, the boss,
The man has a version of "napoleon complex" that make him unsutible to referee a Junior D frist round league match.

He destroyed a great contest. John Sexton disgrace himself in Corke Park on Sunday. He a disgrace to the great club he come from and he a disgrace to the great county he come from.

I hope Kilcormac Killoughey take the time to contact croke park and ask for the assessor report.
I don't know if they can make it public but i would love to read it.

Congrt's again to St. Thomas, There Players and Supporters are complete lovely Hurling people. they deserves they All-Ireland.
“Common sense is not so common.”

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

no townsman tipp bet kk- thats the other kk- last week and bet galway y'day. our lads bet carla-just. weve no chance of getting out of Div2 with the dubs & the munster boys in pole position.
k/k did hurl the sh1t out of thurles......but dey still lost the ai. just like coolderry did last year. the match on sunday was there for the takin but dey cudnt take it. ah sure, 'tis the ref is to blame. sexton did a good job in trying circumstances. if a fella has a yella card he shudnt charge a lad in the chest. and the other was a strike with the hurley, end of. but sure twas sexton that hit every ball wide for k/k.....cant see k/k adding to the senior team.

things move on townsman but yer stuck in the past, have to move on from last yr. yes, i know we lost last yrs club final as well but ya just have to move on. if yer ai is the ai semi-final then dat says where yer stuck townsman - and its stuck there ye'll be for a long time :mrgreen:

and timber im not bitter, im the nicest & happiest man in ireland - all the time. youd love me, i know ya wud. and tipps best werent made a show of by k/k - tipps best did all the scoring from play for k/k!!!! :lol:

Abercrombie Fitch
County player

Post by Abercrombie Fitch »

Get this Fifi idiot off this site.

Currams was a huge, huge loss. I felt the bookies had their odds totally wrong and when Daniel got injured I think the odds suddenly became appropriate. He would have scored from play and would have no doubt been the difference. Very hard luck in that regard.

The first sending off was a joke. If referees are going to give that as a strike of a hurl then Tommy Walsh would never have lasted 10 mins in a game, never mind win an All Star. They are the kind of slaps that Hanamy, Rigney and Kinahan used to let a lad know they were there. A little touch of the hurl.

Totally forgetting Sunday, John Sexton is not fit to referee top level hurling. I cringed when I saw his name. A friend of mine who hurled for Clare the last ten years texted me the very same complaint after the second sending off.

Well done to KK on a great year. You did Offaly proud. And we are proud of you.

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

Good man Fifi, glad you are happy! Thats the beauty of having the aul split personality is it?

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

fifitrixiebelle wrote:no townsman tipp bet kk- thats the other kk- last week and bet galway y'day. our lads bet carla-just. weve no chance of getting out of Div2 with the dubs & the munster boys in pole position.
k/k did hurl the sh1t out of thurles......but dey still lost the ai. just like coolderry did last year. the match on sunday was there for the takin but dey cudnt take it. ah sure, 'tis the ref is to blame. sexton did a good job in trying circumstances. if a fella has a yella card he shudnt charge a lad in the chest. and the other was a strike with the hurley, end of. but sure twas sexton that hit every ball wide for k/k.....cant see k/k adding to the senior team.

things move on townsman but yer stuck in the past, have to move on from last yr. yes, i know we lost last yrs club final as well but ya just have to move on. if yer ai is the ai semi-final then dat says where yer stuck townsman - and its stuck there ye'll be for a long time :mrgreen:

and timber im not bitter, im the nicest & happiest man in ireland - all the time. youd love me, i know ya wud. and tipps best werent made a show of by k/k - tipps best did all the scoring from play for k/k!!!! :lol:
doesn't worry me mush my club have 4 club all irelands :wink:

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

dats much better townman. spoken like a proud offaly man & none of this 'the semi was my ai' nonsense. yere also the last offaly team to win a football or hurling ai so dats another thing to be proud of, its a genuine pity dat its over a decade ago. its also unfortunate dat club & county havent necessarly got anything to do with each other.
offaly are a real gaa county & we shud all be proud of it. the sooner we're back up with the 3 counties dat have won football & hurling county titles over the last decade, galway tipp cork, de better.

now, isnt dat nice of me??