When do the club draws take place?

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
boomcha

Post by boomcha »

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Re: When do the club draws take place?

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

Lotto draws, Christmas, Easter??? Can you be more specific?

King Kev
Intermediate

Post by King Kev »

I'm presuming boomcha means the draws for the club football and hurling championships??? To the best of my knowledge they take place at the February meeting of the county. The first Tuesday of the month.

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

Ah yes indeed!

boomcha

Post by boomcha »

yep club football and hurling! sound! can't wait!

boomcha

Post by boomcha »

Heard it through the grapevine that the league fixtures are out. Can anyone confirm this? Anyone know are they online anywhere yet?

theoneandonly
Junior C

Post by theoneandonly »

Anyone know anything about the draws or when the league starting? Seems with spotlight back on the county team the county board have forgotten the poor aul club players :shock:

King Kev
Intermediate

Post by King Kev »

Does anybody know when the draws for the hurling and football championships takes place?? It was always known by early feburary . Can anybody shed any light on the situation?

boomcha

Post by boomcha »

Tonight is the night..........hopefully the PRO or any uibhfhaili.com users will spread the word asap...........

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Senior Hurling
Group 1: St Rynagh's, Shinrone, Coolderry, Belmont, Kinnitty, Lusmagh
Group 2: Kilcormac-Killoughey, Birr, Seir Kieran, Brosna Gaels, Tullamore, Drumcullen.

Intermediate Hurling
Group 1: Shamrocks, Kilcormac-Killoughey, Killurin, Birr, Clara, Shinrone
Group 2: St Rynagh's, Coolderry, Ballinamere, Carrig & Riverstown, Ballyskenagh/Killavilla.

Junior A Hurling
Group 1: Ballinamere, Ballyskenagh/Killavilla, Kilcormac-Killoughey, Kinnitty, Drumcullen, St Rynagh's, Killeigh, Tullamore
Group 2: Edenderry, Crinkill, Seir Kieran, Coolderry, Brosna Gaels, Birr, Shamrocks.

Junior B Hurling
Group 1: Belmont, Gracefield, Killeigh, Kilcormac-Killoughey, Crinkill, Killurin
Group 2: Raheen, Kinnitty, Lusmagh, Carrig & Riverstown, Ballinamere.

U21 Hurling
First round: Lusmagh v Coolderry, Kilcormac-Killoughey v Ballinamere Gaels, Belmont v Kinnitty, Shinrone v Shamrocks.
I presume St Rynagh's, St Brendan's, Seir Kieran & Tullamore (last year's semi-finalists) have a bye. With 12 teams entered, it would have been ideal for a back-door competition like last year.

Thanks to the various Twitterers for the draws listed above. It probably amounts to stealing on my part.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

Plain of the Herbs wrote:Senior Hurling
Group 1: St Rynagh's, Shinrone, Coolderry, Belmont, Kinnitty, Lusmagh
Group 2: Kilcormac-Killoughey, Birr, Seir Kieran, Brosna Gaels, Tullamore, Drumcullen.

Intermediate Hurling
Group 1: Shamrocks, Kilcormac-Killoughey, Killurin, Birr, Clara, Shinrone
Group 2: St Rynagh's, Coolderry, Ballinamere, Carrig & Riverstown, Ballyskenagh/Killavilla.

Junior A Hurling
Group 1: Ballinamere, Ballyskenagh, Kilcormac-Killoughey, Kinnitty, Drumcullen, St Rynagh's, Killeigh, Tullamore
Group 2: Edenderry, Crinkill, Seir Kieran, Coolderry, Brosna Gaels, Birr, Shamrocks.

Junior B Hurling
Group 1: Belmont, Gracefield, Killeigh, Kilcormac-Killoughey, Crinkill, Killurin
Group 2: Raheen, Kinnitty, Lusmagh, Carrig & Riverstown, Ballinamere.

U21 Hurling
First round: Lusmagh v Coolderry, Kilcormac-Killoughey v Ballinamere Gaels, Belmont v Kinnitty, Shinrone v Shamrocks.
I presume St Rynagh's, St Brendan's, Seir Kieran & Tullamore (last year's semi-finalists) have a bye. With 12 teams entered, it would have been ideal for a back-door competition like last year.

Thanks to the various Twitterers for the draws listed above. It probably amounts to stealing on my part.
Poth how are Ballyskenagh in the junior A and Drumcullen i thought they were relegated last year?

Plain of the Herbs
All Star

I'm not sure I understand the question but that would (probably) be Ballyskenagh/Killavilla's combined second team in Junior 'A'. T'was Crinkill who were relegated from Intermediate last year, being beaten by Ballyskenagh in the relegation Final. I'm not sure about Drumcullen, that would be Drums' 'seconds' in Junior A.
kingscounty wrote:Poth how are Ballyskenagh in the junior A and Drumcullen i thought they were relegated last year?

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

Plain of the Herbs wrote:I'm not sure I understand the question but that would (probably) be Ballyskenagh/Killavilla's combined second team in Junior 'A'. T'was Crinkill who were relegated from Intermediate last year, being beaten by Ballyskenagh in the relegation Final. I'm not sure about Drumcullen, that would be Drums' 'seconds' in Junior A.
kingscounty wrote:Poth how are Ballyskenagh in the junior A and Drumcullen i thought they were relegated last year?
sound , yeah i thought i read before that Ballyskenagh /Killavilla would have a team in inter and then second team would be in Junior B. I thought Drumcullen lost all their games in Junior A last year maybe im wrong ,who was relegated to Junior B from A do you know?

Plain of the Herbs
All Star

I don't know meself. I note there are 15 teams in Junior A for 2013 and I am wondering - was anyone relegated? Or were Belmont Junior 'A' last year?
kingscounty wrote:
Plain of the Herbs wrote:I'm not sure I understand the question but that would (probably) be Ballyskenagh/Killavilla's combined second team in Junior 'A'. T'was Crinkill who were relegated from Intermediate last year, being beaten by Ballyskenagh in the relegation Final. I'm not sure about Drumcullen, that would be Drums' 'seconds' in Junior A.
sound , yeah i thought i read before that Ballyskenagh /Killavilla would have a team in inter and then second team would be in Junior B. I thought Drumcullen lost all their games in Junior A last year maybe im wrong ,who was relegated to Junior B from A do you know?

Greenwhiteandgold
Intermediate

Post by Greenwhiteandgold »

That ballyskenagh team in the junior A would be Ballyskenagh/killavilla's second team I pressume