Rhode Have new manager

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
ryot
All Star
Club: Doon

Re: Rhode Have new manager

Post by ryot »

" All nominations and notices of motion must be returned to the Club Executive 21 days before the meeting and no later than 10 days before the meeting the full list of nominations and notice of all motions must be sent to the members."

I see a poster mentioned that a Motion was moved & passed at the AGM re Manager.

Had it been sent to All Members the 19 before as required ?

offaly2012
Junior A

Post by offaly2012 »

brian Fatana it was obivious that some players went against Gerry and that was the talk week into agm

King Kev
Intermediate

Post by King Kev »

But shur Corrigans not a Rhode club member. And everyone knows he talks a load of bull in that tullamore tribune every week without fail . Even if he did rock up to it anyone in the right mind from Rhode would surely turn him away wouldn't they? Known full well the details of the meeting would be blabbed all over next week's paper.

llkj
All Star

Post by llkj »

On the topic of managers, I read this article from the hoganstand earlier (extract below). A couple of interesting points from it:

1. who is actually going to manage Clonbullogue from the 2 named and who is the other one going to manage? (You would think they would edit such a blatant mistake - but thats what you get when they just copy articles from other sources).
2. Interesting to see Pascal Kelleghan move (if it is true) from Kildare to Westmeath, from one intermediate club who had the chance to play senior next year, to another intermediate club. Seems to be a bit of a sideways or backward step in my opinion for him. As someone who is being talked about as a future Offaly manager, I'd have liked to see him spend a few years with the one club and see how he does with them at a higher level and how he performs with all of the issues that come when the initial first season enthusiasm starts to wane a little. Also, if I was a player in Monasterevin preparing for the AI semis, I would prefer to know that my manager was on board for the year ahead too.
(However, I say all of the above based on one hoganstand article, so there is a good chance that he is not going anywhere, or that he is taking on both jobs next year... as I said initially, these are just some points that grabbed my attention)
In the IFC, Laz Molloy is the new man in charge of Clonbullogue, while Tullamore man Mark Plunkett takes over Clonbullogue.

Meanwhile, some of the Faithful County's top managers are expected to be plying their trade in neighbouring Westmeath next year. Clara's James Stewart has been appointed Kilbeggan Shamrocks manager, while the Rhode pair Pascal Kelleghan and Tom Coffey are understood to be destined for St. Mary's, Rochfortbridge and Tyrrellspass respectively.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

I had heard a rumour that Ken Kelleghan was going to take charge of Tyrrellspass next year. I've no idea how true or not that is, but I would say it's probably not unreasonable to assume that this is what Hoganstand is basing this report on and they've just got their wires crossed.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

manfromdelmonte
All Star

Post by manfromdelmonte »

thats funny
heard Tom Coffey was with Tyrellspass next year
only the best...

heman
Junior A

Post by heman »

ken is with rochfortbridge i think,heard tom could be going to t'pass.

brian fantana
Intermediate
Club: rhode

Post by brian fantana »

llkj wrote:On the topic of managers, I read this article from the hoganstand earlier (extract below). A couple of interesting points from it:

1. who is actually going to manage Clonbullogue from the 2 named and who is the other one going to manage? (You would think they would edit such a blatant mistake - but thats what you get when they just copy articles from other sources).
2. Interesting to see Pascal Kelleghan move (if it is true) from Kildare to Westmeath, from one intermediate club who had the chance to play senior next year, to another intermediate club. Seems to be a bit of a sideways or backward step in my opinion for him. As someone who is being talked about as a future Offaly manager, I'd have liked to see him spend a few years with the one club and see how he does with them at a higher level and how he performs with all of the issues that come when the initial first season enthusiasm starts to wane a little. Also, if I was a player in Monasterevin preparing for the AI semis, I would prefer to know that my manager was on board for the year ahead too.
(However, I say all of the above based on one hoganstand article, so there is a good chance that he is not going anywhere, or that he is taking on both jobs next year... as I said initially, these are just some points that grabbed my attention)
In the IFC, Laz Molloy is the new man in charge of Clonbullogue, while Tullamore man Mark Plunkett takes over Clonbullogue.

Meanwhile, some of the Faithful County's top managers are expected to be plying their trade in neighbouring Westmeath next year. Clara's James Stewart has been appointed Kilbeggan Shamrocks manager, while the Rhode pair Pascal Kelleghan and Tom Coffey are understood to be destined for St. Mary's, Rochfortbridge and Tyrrellspass respectively.
as far as i know all of the above is wrong. mark plunkett- raheen, tom coffey - tpass, ken kelleghan rochfortbridge, dont think paschal is going anywhere, if he was he wouldnt let it be known at this time of year, laz with clonbullogue, tony kenny with daingean

red exile
County player
Club: edenderry

Post by red exile »

Gerry hickey can leave the post with his head held high, he is a devoted GAA man , he coached me and my kids at school level and I hold him in the highest regard for the time he has dedicated to the sport , many a county player has passed through the teams he has trained frm edenderry rhode croghan and beyond, best of luck to him , Rhodes loss is deffo some other teams gain