Niall Mac

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
turk
All Star

Niall Mac

Post by turk »

time for the groin op, if needed folks?

Barracuda
All Star

Post by Barracuda »

Indeed- many a long thread during the past year on this topic with yours truly claiming its not needed, and almost everyone else claiming it is and explaining the need for it by his poor form.

Can anyone throw any light on this now

If it is needed then everyone else if right about the form
If its not needed ........

The Biff
All Star

Op or no op

Post by The Biff »

I think we need clarification from the horse's mouth, Yea or .... Neigh ! (Couldn't resist it)

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

I for one did claim all along that he played like a man with an injury - that doesn't seem to be the case now.

I will say this though - the Niall that we saw this spring and early summer could not move too fast, nor was he possessed of the bursts of pace that we've seen from him lately - something more than malaise was the issue. I'm not sure what has addressed it, I'm just glad something has.

Barracuda
All Star

Post by Barracuda »

The problem or indeed the potential problem is that since early summer Niall has really only had one master (Rhode)

Now that Rhode's run is over, no doubt Offaly will be calling, as will UCD and then it's a case of here we go again.

Perhaps he was more rested in the last 6 months than in the first 6 months. U21 county and senior, plus UCD duty will now kick in again and lets hope we do not see a repeat of last years problem.

Having said that I still think that Niall is a tad overated presently- The potential is for sure there. But its not come to the boil just yet. The best is still to come, as this young man gains experience.