Club football championship

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Goodsupporter11
Junior A
Club: Offaly

Re: Club football championship

Post by Goodsupporter11 »

Sry ment Graham G. Fully agree with you Ahlethimoutwithit, Rhode by a few.
Offaly2012 did i not say tull made him look better than he is, and he wont have the same influence in the final as he did against tull????

Abercrombie Fitch
County player

Post by Abercrombie Fitch »

I agree that it should be tight. The two best teams in Offaly over the past 6 years and I make no apologies to Edenderry about that statement. Clara beat Rhode by a point in the 09 County Final. Rhode beat Clara by a point in the 2010 County Final, and Clara beat Rhode comfortably in the semi last year, but slipped up against Edenderry.

So why are Rhode such hot favs? Prob because of Niall Mac. I can understand that but to have a team hot favs based on one footballer is naive. If this was a correct estimation then Rhode would have won every championship since Niall first played senior. Thomas Deehan, Anton Sullivan, John O'Hara or John Reynolds are all capable of having this kind of impact on a County Final. I'm not saying these players are all comparable ability wise, obviously not. But in a one off game, yes.

Both teams can win this final. And both will have chances to. But if Scott and Ross Brady can dominate midfield, which I expect them to do, then Clara have a foothold and also are cutting out supply to Niall Mac.

It's Clara by 3 or 4 for me, and losing two finals in a row must make them the hungrier.

offaly2012
Junior A

Post by offaly2012 »

It is all you people making rhode hot favourites.

There is know chat like that in Rhode they want to win but tags like favourite or other wise means nothing

Abercrombie Fitch
County player

People on here don't make favourites. Bookies do. And Rhode are favourites. It's not a Clara ploy, its fact.

Real Rob
Junior B
Club: Offaly NYC

Post by Real Rob »

Its Silly to think Rhode or Clara should be Favourites asboth Teams are very Equal and only a kick of a ball will decide the Winner, but saying that Clara beat Rhode by 6 points in last Years semi final

classof81
Junior B
Club: rhode

Post by classof81 »

rhode will av shane anton byrno and alan mc only half fit.this would be rhodes biggest achievement in years if they pull this one off.i expect clara by 5 or 6.by the way if it was a draw edenderry repersent offaly in the leinster clubs championship

Goodsupporter11
Junior A

classof81 wrote:rhode will av shane anton byrno and alan mc only half fit.this would be rhodes biggest achievement in years if they pull this one off.i expect clara by 5 or 6.by the way if it was a draw edenderry repersent offaly in the leinster clubs championship
It would also be clara's bigest achievement beating Rhode by 5 or 6 in a county final..... Yeah Edenderry should represent Offaly in leinster....had a great run last year.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

classof81 wrote:by the way if it was a draw edenderry repersent offaly in the leinster clubs championship
How would that work? The first round of the Leinster club is scheduled for the 28th - surely there would be a replay on Sunday week if there was a draw this weekend?
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

Goodsupporter11 wrote:
classof81 wrote:rhode will av shane anton byrno and alan mc only half fit.this would be rhodes biggest achievement in years if they pull this one off.i expect clara by 5 or 6.by the way if it was a draw edenderry repersent offaly in the leinster clubs championship
It would also be clara's bigest achievement beating Rhode by 5 or 6 in a county final..... Yeah Edenderry should represent Offaly in leinster....had a great run last year.
they did as well as Clara did the years they represent offaly, mind you Rhode also threw away a leinster title or two over the years
when was the last time an offaly club won the leinster club i think Ferbane were.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

townman wrote:
Goodsupporter11 wrote:
they did as well as Clara did the years they represent offaly
Depends what you mean by "as well as".

Goodsupporter11
Junior A

townman wrote:
Goodsupporter11 wrote:
they did as well as Clara did the years they represent offaly, mind you Rhode also threw away a leinster title or two over the years
when was the last time an offaly club won the leinster club i think Ferbane were.
So Edenderry did 'as good as' Clara last year as the last time Clara represent Offaly in leinster????

Abercrombie Fitch
County player

Edenderry lost to a young Athy team last year.

Clara beat Laurences in Newbridge in 2009 despite being 8 points down. They then beat Rathvilly with 14 men and were a point up on Portlaoise in the 2nd half playing with a huge gale in driving rain when the ref called a halt to proceedings.

Hardly the same.

classof81
Junior B
Club: rhode

Post by classof81 »

eden were lucky to win a championship.we all know that...we seen how poor they were against clara,but they won championship and went into leinster with no expierence which didnt help either

True Red
All Star

Post by True Red »

eden were lucky to win a championship.we all know that...
this guy is looking for a reaction....deliberating whether to give it to him or not......
If you don’t stand for something you fall for anything

summerindublin
All Star
Club: New York

Post by summerindublin »

True Red wrote:this guy is looking for a reaction....deliberating whether to give it to him or not......
C'MON True Red, give it loads