Gaelic games football on the ps2.

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
azoffaly
All Star

Game

Post by azoffaly »

AWW Man, and I'm just after buying the game online, got it for 32 sterling which is good tho. Ah well!
What are you going to play it on? I was going to buy a PS2 just for this game, but I'm having doubts now.

mykneehurts
County player

Post by mykneehurts »

Played it the other day. Average at best. I played for a half with Offaly against New York and it was only 0-1 to 0-0. Also I don't know who kicked my point although it did look a little like Neville Coughlan.

TheManFromFerbane should stay away from creating virtual teams after the Championship Manager incident where injuries in the game carried through to real life.

stupid like a fox
Junior A

Post by stupid like a fox »

Rest assured hocker there will be no shortage of this game on e-bay.

For anyone who’s played any of the soccer games over the years(fifa, ect) we have watched them evolve and at the moment pro evolution 5 is probably the best out there. Surely the apes that created this game could have taken a look at a few of the soccer games and adapted them. Poor graphics I can deal with, if the game is playable but this thing is a joke. The passing is totally erratic, the point taking is a lottery and the only real way to score is to barge past the fullback and boot in a goal. The Tackling is also terrible you can’t intercept a pass, even if the ball is coming towards you. Finally the resolution is awful you can hardly see where the ball is.

Its very sad…

azoffaly
All Star

Post by azoffaly »

fox, did you change the camera to behind the goals? A few of the lads on GAABoard seem to think that makes it a much better game?

stupid like a fox
Junior A

Post by stupid like a fox »

I did indeed az, and this does improves the scoring aspect of the game however the point I'm making is that the overall gameplay is very poor, I'd like to say good things about this release but I can't. The developers need to identify where they went wrong with this title so that we can look forward to some improvements in future releases.

TheManFromFerbane
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Re: Game

Post by TheManFromFerbane »

azoffaly wrote: What are you going to play it on? I was going to buy a PS2 just for this game, but I'm having doubts now.
One of the lads in the house has a PS2 so I'll play it on his. Wait till I get it and you can call over and we'll have a look.

Hocker
All Star

Gaelic games football - Worst game ever!!!

Post by Hocker »

ok lads i bought this game friday nite off a lad for 35 euro.... No kidding but its that bad I traded it in to that place 'game box' or something in golden island shopping centre yesterday... the mean shower o' B******s only gave me 25 euro worth of store credit for it!!!
Although in reality it aint worth the price of a disc it was written on!!

Dont buy it lads.. Its pure shite!

Pro-Evoultion 5... Now thats the real thing!

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

i think i'll give this one a miss.
hopefully they will come back stronger in 2006 with a sequel which will sort it out

True Red
All Star

Post by True Red »

i brought mine back and exchanged it for Pro Evolution 5(i have stepped over to the dark side :shock: )

It was just 2 bad a game.

TheManFromFerbane
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by TheManFromFerbane »

Bought it, love it, hate it, frustrated with it, can't stop playing it!! 100% record in div 1 of the national league after 6 games in my second attempt at it! pain in the arse to get used to especially the scoring but that isnt my strong suit in real life either so im used to it!! :lol: