Intermediate Qtr Final Shamrocks v st brigids

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
offaly2012
Junior A

Intermediate Qtr Final Shamrocks v st brigids

Post by offaly2012 »

There was alot of talk that these teams will play in the final.
Surely this will be the biggest match in the championship with The Senior Pretenders playing to reach the semis and then the final. Shamrocks only down a year croghan down 2 years and ended up the 3rd best team in Rhode Parish.
Who is the pressure on?? Or will the other teams come up from the fire and knock out which ever team comes on on top in this senior prettenders match thoughts lads???

timber
All Star

Re: Intermediate Qtr Final Shamrocks v st brigids

Post by timber »

I reckon Brigids will win comforatbly. They had been very comfortable up to the last game with Shannonbridge. Think they experimented a bit wit the team and had a few injuries in that game but the Bridge are no bad outfit when they perform would rightfully have expectations of making the final. Not sure, but I dont think Sean Casey started for Brigids.

Brigids are a very hard working bunch of players. They always give it their max. Having met with some of them earlier in the year they were confident of winning it this year and getting back to senior.Good experienced team that are still young enough. The likes of the casey's, David Egan, Eunan Lawlor, Ger Hannon, Anthony Foy, Alan Kennedy and Bobby Troy seem to be around for ages but they are all still young, in their late twenties and a few just over thirty. A few excellent under 21's from the St Michaels team also make this a formiddable team at this grade.

Shamrocks are a in a different boat. They are trying hard with what they have to work with which seems to be 17 or 18 players. Unable to field a junior team which shows how limited they are for numbers. From the team that played in so many senior semi finals and finals in the last decade they only have a handful to pick from. Emigration, retirements and relocation work commitments apparently have hit them hard. With what they have been picking from the general feeling around them is that they have done well to make a quarter final. Most of the team were juniors in recent years so no massive expectation really about them. If Derek Molloy was available for selection he would be a scoring addition that would make a real game of this. But he is not. I think this is as far as they can go. If they got back some of the lads that are missing, it would be a completely different ball game.

Brigids to win with a bit to spare.

kano123
Junior B

Post by kano123 »

wouldnt underestimate shamrocks if the team selection is right and they can use some of their quick young lads i can see them winning....but if they continue to use the older guys its gonna be a long few years at intermediate level !

Lean Times
County player

Post by Lean Times »

I'll sit on the fence like a can of Ronseal for this one! Both teams will have got a serious wake up call after losing their last round fixtures. Could be a great game. Scott Delaney went off with what looked like a cruciate-esque injury agaisnt Cappincur. He is up there with their best players. Anyone have an update on his injury?

kano123
Junior B

Post by kano123 »

hes struggling to be fit for this one now that it's been fixed for the Thursday night !!if it was a weekend game it would have given him that extra couple of days to get right !!id say hes 65% to be ready for this game !

clubman
Junior A

Post by clubman »

complete joke ,tommy byrne must love pissing teams off,i think most games are on friday evening .some of these teams have played 4 games in the last 3 /4 weeks along with a few hurling games for some,tommy byrne is usless but will probably get martin bolands job next year.god help us .