Intermediate Football Championship

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
kano123
Junior B

Re: Intermediate Football Championship

Post by kano123 »

shamrocks by 6 last night any other results?

Thereorthereabouts
County player

Post by Thereorthereabouts »

Is that because Raheen are useless or that Shamrocks are contenders?

I heard Shamrox shud have won by a lot bigger margin
The fight is won or lost far away from the witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road; long before I dance under those lights

kano123
Junior B

Post by kano123 »

should have won by a lot more missed a penalty and all !!can be contenders if they let some of the young lads play !!old legs still playing and been brought on !!doon next week will tell alot definetly quarter finals and semis but can see them beating croghan

Lean Times
County player

Post by Lean Times »

Cappincur 1.21 Birr 1.7 This result points toward a Birr & Kilclonfert relegation final. Cappincur played well but Birr were very poor so not much can be taken from it.

Ballyfore defeated Doon by a point to leave things tight at the top. Ballyfore, Doon and Shamrocks are all level on 6 points.

Lean Times
County player

Post by Lean Times »

Another round of fixtures in quick succession. Allows teams to build momentum which is very rare in any sort of an Offaly championship as there usually is such gaps between teams playing. Cappincur finds themselves up against near neighbours, Raheen, in Ballinagar tomorrow night. Not sure if the game is at 7.30pm or 7pm?? It will be a season defining game for both clubs, with the winner hoping to push on for the 4th spot in the group while the losers season will dribble out safe from relegation but adrift from the knockout stages. I'm hoping Cappincur can build on the win against Birr and put up a good show against Raheen. Weather conditions (supposedly very bad for the next few weeks) might also have a big impact. In the other games tomorrow night, Doon face Shamrocks and Ballyfore face Clonbullogue. Both games should be tight enough affairs but I'm going for Doon and Ballyfore to come out on top.

My predictions at this stage for the Q/F's are as follows:
St. Brigids v Clonbullogue
Ballyfore v Bracknagh
Doon v Shannonbridge
Durrow v Shamrocks

With Birr and Kilclonfert to compete in the relegation final

lostinjuniora
Intermediate
Club: Ballinagar

Post by lostinjuniora »

Ballinagar pitch under 2 foot of water all day today. Its going to be soft conditions for tomorrow nights match i feel...

kano123
Junior B

Post by kano123 »

does anyone else think these midweek games are a joke? spare a thought for lads working all over the country......

having to travel home be at the ground at 7:10 at the latest for a 7:30 throw in !!

bit ridiculos

Opinions?

lostinjuniora
Intermediate
Club: Ballinagar

Post by lostinjuniora »

lostinjuniora wrote:Ballinagar pitch under 2 foot of water all day today. Its going to be soft conditions for tomorrow nights match i feel...

Crazy carry on. I suppose Tuesday nights are generally training nights for a lot of clubs so lads might have made allowances to be available on Tuesday nights

kano123
Junior B

Post by kano123 »

lostinjuniora wrote:
lostinjuniora wrote:Ballinagar pitch under 2 foot of water all day today. Its going to be soft conditions for tomorrow nights match i feel...

Crazy carry on. I suppose Tuesday nights are generally training nights for a lot of clubs so lads might have made allowances to be available on Tuesday nights

Even so but try have these games on in pitches where there is floodlights so the start time can be 8pm or 8:30

quiet frustrating !!

Lean Times
County player

Post by Lean Times »

Cappincur vs Raheen switched to Daingean at 7.30pm due to pitch in Ballinagar being unplayable

kano123
Junior B

Post by kano123 »

shamrocks by 6 tonight

Thereorthereabouts
County player

Post by Thereorthereabouts »

CAPPINCUR 0-14 V 0-5 RAHEEN

CLONBULLOGUE 1-11 V 1-11 BALLYFORE

Birr Clonbullogue and Raheen all but finished for the year!
The fight is won or lost far away from the witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road; long before I dance under those lights

kano123
Junior B

Post by kano123 »

Shamrocks top the group so with just cappincur to play next Thursday !

Impactsub
Junior C
Club: Tullamore

Post by Impactsub »

Cappincur are finding a bit of form. A very improved performance the last day and a big win last night over Raheen. They were flying it last night.

Two bad losses for Raheen in a week. They were fancied to be in contention. They struck me last night as a team not fully focused on their football. They were very poor last night.

It looks as though Shamrocks had a comfortable win over Doon. Bit of a suprise. Doon would have been well fancied to push for the championship and this will be a bit of a blow. Shamrocks are missing so many players that its suprising they got through so easily. Especially since they were so poor last year and its more or less the same players.

The intermediate championship is always quiet close. Not a massive amount between teams. It appears there is a big gap between it and senior.

Its still St Brigids championship to lose really. Ballyfore had been building alot of momentum but only drew last night.

On the point regarding mid week games, it is a disaster and really should be looked at. Very unfair on anybody working outside the county and again does nothing to encourage players to stick with their clubs and not turn to other sports.

The_heen
Junior B

Post by The_heen »

Raheen r in free fall right now show no fight last night at all. In all my years following the lads I've never seen them as bad. We were missing paddy rigney last night but one player wasn't going to change the result.

Cappincur on the other hand were really up for it and showed great heart and drive. Some real nice footballers too

I was at the shamrocks game against raheen to and I can't see them winning anything. Form wat I seen I think its between ballyfore croghan