Club football championship

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
theman
All Star

Re: Club football championship

Post by theman »

Lone Shark wrote:
theman wrote:For any betting people out there, William Hill still have the Price for the Gracefield game up as they think it is been played tonight. There 4/7 so if it anyone wants to chance it, its there for the taking. I have no money in my account unfortuentely. They are taking bets up untill 19.30 28/7/12
Wouldn't recommend this. Aside from the moral aspect, since it is essentially stealing, you'll get your account marked and possibly closed, for no benefit - it's highly unlikely that it'll go undetected. A flow of bets on a game like this would arouse a lot of suspicion and they will look into it.
God loves a trier though :D Ah no but I do think that They would cop on when they look for the score and see it was yesterday. I have heard though that William Hill arent as clued in to club GAA betting as in they are slow to react to price change etc and are sometimes vulnerable. Maybe you would know more Lone Shark?
Twice we had the chance,but well get one more

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

theman wrote: God loves a trier though :D Ah no but I do think that They would cop on when they look for the score and see it was yesterday. I have heard though that William Hill arent as clued in to club GAA betting as in they are slow to react to price change etc and are sometimes vulnerable. Maybe you would know more Lone Shark?
It's the equivalent of stealing money from a shop till because the attendant is looking the other way and you think God would love it? You worship a different God to me.

Hills wouldn't have the same resources as PP or Ladbrokes certainly, they only have one full time compiler and he's a young lad based in Leeds, wouldn't have any past experience, so yeah, they might be more vulnerable as a rule.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Round 3 results

Rhode 2-17 Tubber 1-12
Clara 0-9 Erin Rovers 0-9
Gracefield 0-11 St Rynaghs 1-6
Edenderry 0-11 Ferbane 1-6
Ballycumber 1-10 Walsh Island 0-8

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

I'm pretty sure Rhode beat Tubber by 2-16 to 0-10, though I wasn't at the game.

My overwhelming impression from attending on Sunday is that you can draw a line through Walsh Island and Ballycumber as potential outsiders for a start. Granted the absence of Brian and Rory Connor depleted the Island badly, but Gary Comerford's injury looked serious and unfortunately my guess is that he won't be playing football again this season. I hope I'm wrong since he's still a quality player at this level, but it gets harder and harder to recover from serious injury as you get older.

Ballycumber were decent and had a good flow to their play - Conrad Casey kicked some lovely scores and some of the younger players like John Egan, Richie Dunne and Gary Larkin showed up well, but they really weren't tested by the Island. Neither side had any energy or life at midfield and once Comerford was injured, all Ballycumber had to do was to shut down Willie Mulhall - and they did this very easily. Too easily, from the point of view of Willie Mulhall as a potential county player. Based on yesterday, you'd have Casey, Mark Young and Joe Maher all ahead of him as potential county forwards for next year.

Edenderry were a lot better than the two point final margin suggested. They had four goal chances in the game and took none - Ferbane had one, but it fell to the right player and Maher finished it very well. Edenderry dominated possession in the first half and should have been much further in front at half time (they led 0-7 to 1-3 having played with the wind) but to me they always looked like they had another gear if they needed it. They're not at the same level as Rhode or anything like it, but they play very clever football and don't give away silly scores. On the one hand you could point out how Ferbane kicked six wides, four balls into the keeper's hands and one solitary point in the first 25 minutes of the second half, but a lot of that was down to Edenderry defending the scoring zone very well. Ferbane took a lot of long range shots and they were hoping for a bit of luck rather than creating good scores, like the goal, or McDonagh's first half point that was a great team score.

The only bright spot for Ferbane was that the best players on the field were largely the under-21s. Hopefully they might step up and give St Michaels something to think about on Wednesday. Some of the more senior players on the other hand didn't have a great day - though admittedly injuries to John Mollen and Aidan Keenaghan let the team short of two real leaders.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

faithfullad
Senior

Post by faithfullad »

Lone Shark wrote:I'm pretty sure Rhode beat Tubber by 2-16 to 0-10, though I wasn't at the game.

It was 2-16 to 0-12 and , actually, quite a decent game.

Hyper
All Star

Post by Hyper »

FLad, was it not 2.16 to 11?
Lone Shark et al,the football quality at the weekend was brutal! Edenderry to retain their Crown,not a hope,LS, Ferbane had plenty of chances to win that game even without the two aforementioned, - could have used Shane Lowry as motivation!!!- did one see him in he stand?
How can Egenderry management keep looking at their number 10- Stuart Cullen, Mark Young was substituted..... what was going on there, though in fairness Hanlon was good when he came on. The Edenderry keeper was kept busy with the amount of balls that was kicked straight into his hands.
As for the game before hand? welll one can excuse the weather but come on it was brutal. First half C Quinn ruled the roost and as for the Island without Gary Comerford... welll he walked into that tackle from Daly,dead leg i'd say. As for Rhode and Tubber,young Mcmnaus and Anton were probably the best men on the field. Rhode looked like the unfinished article, lot more to come but Tullamore and Phil are leading the pick to tarnish that"article"
In fairness though folks, in them three games the lads that an outsider would have picked out as county players would probably have been Macey, Quinny,Anton and ??? two of them over 36, nite folks rant over

offalyman18
Junior B
Club: offaly

Post by offalyman18 »

Hyper wrote:FLad, was it not 2.16 to 11?
Lone Shark et al,the football quality at the weekend was brutal! Edenderry to retain their Crown,not a hope,LS, Ferbane had plenty of chances to win that game even without the two aforementioned, - could have used Shane Lowry as motivation!!!- did one see him in he stand?
How can Egenderry management keep looking at their number 10- Stuart Cullen, Mark Young was substituted..... what was going on there, though in fairness Hanlon was good when he came on. The Edenderry keeper was kept busy with the amount of balls that was kicked straight into his hands.
As for the game before hand? welll one can excuse the weather but come on it was brutal. First half C Quinn ruled the roost and as for the Island without Gary Comerford... welll he walked into that tackle from Daly,dead leg i'd say. As for Rhode and Tubber,young Mcmnaus and Anton were probably the best men on the field. Rhode looked like the unfinished article, lot more to come but Tullamore and Phil are leading the pick to tarnish that"article"
In fairness though folks, in them three games the lads that an outsider would have picked out as county players would probably have been Macey, Quinny,Anton and ??? two of them over 36, nite folks rant over
Shane lowry is a clara man ... dont see why you think he would give them motivation? :lol:

Abercrombie Fitch
County player

Post by Abercrombie Fitch »

Clara 1-15 St Rynaghs 0-11

Offaly2010
All Star
Club: Gracefield

Post by Offaly2010 »

Gracefield 1-13 - 0-10 Walsh Island
Tullamore 2-11 - 1-12 Tubber
Rhode 2-16 - 2-11 Edenderry.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

wins for Gracefield,Rhode, and Erin rovers tonight

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

Clara 4-9 the island 1-2

DAF
All Star

Post by DAF »

Offaly Senior Football Championship

Tubber 1-11 Edenderry 0-7

Edenderry didnt look like a team who were reigning county champions.Tubber were better than them throughout and pulled away in the last 15 minutes.Luckily there was more than 3 points in as Edenderry looked to have had a legitmate goal disallowed.Ball spilled out of the Tubber goalies hands and fell over the line but the goal wasnt given.Ciaran McManus was the best player on show, his free taking was excellent and he dominated midfield.He's still be good enough for Offaly regardless of his age.

Tar Man
Junior A

Post by Tar Man »

Tullamore 1-14 Ferbane 1-11

Good game of football, won by Tullamore despite Ferbane controlling midfield. Some bad wides in the first half cost Ferbane dearly. Best for Tullamore were Maloney and McConway was very good when he came on. Colin Egan was excellent for Ferbane as was the Full-back (i think his name is Cahill). Bad shoulder injury for Gerry Grehan which held the game up for 20 minutes in the first half. Tullamore had a player sent off with about 10 mins to go for an off the ball incident.

concrete
Junior A

Post by concrete »

Williamson was the best on show by a long way, ferbane kicked some terrible wides in the first half, tullamore have McConway and Dooley back for the next day

jimbob17
All Star

Post by jimbob17 »

[quote="concrete"]Williamson was the best on show by a long way, ferbane kicked some terrible wides in the first half, tullamore have McConway and Dooley back for the next day[/quo

I dont know what game you were watching concrete. Williamson is certainly a good player, very skillfull and no doubt a talented lad, but was no where near the best player on show. You must be related to him or something concrete!! He would be a fine player though, perhaps even inter county standard if he didnt shy away from the tough stuff and win dirty ball when it is required. He loves the fancy stuff and is as skillful a player as Tullamore have but ive yet to see him deliver when it actually matters. The best player on the park was John Maloney. Cahill at Full Back for Ferbane was solid too for a young lad. MCConway and Dooley will be a big boost for the town team in the quarters as they gather momentum.

Any idea on the draw for the quarters???
jimbob