Leinster Club Odds?

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
True Red
All Star

Leinster Club Odds?

Post by True Red »

Any takers on the game this weekend?
And odds for Leinster? :?:

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

off paddy powers for leinster

Kilmacud Crokes 13 - 8
Sarsfields 4 - 1
Stradbally 5 - 1
Dunboyne 7 - 1
The Downs 12 - 1
Mattock Rangers 12 - 1
Rathnew 12 - 1
Rhode 12 - 1
Eire Og 14 - 1
Dromard 20 - 1
Horeswood 20 - 1
Muckalee 50 - 1

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Ladbrokes are evens each of two Rhode and Rathnew - I'd fancy Rhode slightly at that price, but with draws always likely in this competition, I wouldn't bet on it. I'd personally say Eire Og of Carlow to beat Dromard of Longford at home at 4/6 is a much better bet, possibly doubled with Mayobridge @ 2/5 to beat Naomh Conaill to bring up the price.

Stradbally are way too short @ 5/1, as are Dunboyne, since first time county winners invariably do poorly in this. The winners of Rhode or Rathnew will be a decent price @ 7/1 or so, but I'd wait until then.

black and red exile
All Star

Post by black and red exile »

Can I ask you, True Red, seeing that you're next door to you're great rivals, Im curious to know do you give Rhode any chance of winning the leinster? In my opinion i believe if they get over Rathnew [which i believe they will], I think they have an excellent chance, especially with Portlaoise now out of the way, although i suppose Kilmacud will be firm favs in most peoples eyes.

True Red
All Star

Post by True Red »

Can I ask you, True Red, seeing that you're next door to you're great rivals, Im curious to know do you give Rhode any chance of winning the leinster? In my opinion i believe if they get over Rathnew [which i believe they will], I think they have an excellent chance, especially with Portlaoise now out of the way, although i suppose Kilmacud will be firm favs in most peoples eyes
First up,I dont think that they will do it at the weekend.Rathnew,in Aughrim will be like a melting pot and it can be a very intimidating place to go.In the white heat of the Leinster club championship there is probably no harder venue in the competition.The best Rhode can hope for is a draw.
Rathnew have bags of experience in the Leinster club and I read somewhere during the week that they have 12 of the side that won Leinster in 2001 and lost out to eventual winners Ballinderry by a point or two in a poxy day down in Longford in the All Ireland semi.Another factor is Niall McNamee.If he is held in any way Rhode will struggle and his impending operation on his groin could limit his mobility.Also they will break even with what is a very good Rathnew midfield.

All this points to a Rathnew victory.

However.

If they do get over Rathnew they will meet and probably beat Stradbally but they will end up meeting Kilmacud at some stage and that is where their Leinster Club Championship odyssey will grind to halt.

So in answer to your question, NO, I dont think they will win Leinster.
The dream is over,But what a year.

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

Rhode were traditionally a hard tough team.
i think the way they've rolled through offaly the last couple o years coupled with their destruction by portlaoise last year has seen a suspicion that they are fancy dans.
the weekend is an ideal chance to step up to the mark.

clubs don't often get a chance like this.

gaahead
Junior A

Post by gaahead »

I saw Kilmacud in Dublin Semi-Final and Final and they are no great shakes, I think Rhode could have them.