Offaly Senior Hurling Championship

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
esb_lad
Junior A
Club: Rynaghs

Offaly Senior Hurling Championship

Post by esb_lad »

Well lads, i said id get the ball rolling..
Who does anyone fancy this year..

Personally for me its between birr and coolderry, with birr getting the edge..
after that its rynaghs and clareen..
relegation wise, i think drumcullens days are numbered while brosna gaels will struggle..

on a side note, why cant the championship be started earlier... the galway, kk and tipp championships are all getting underway now..
the earlier the championship is started avoiding a situation where the final is played in october.... food for thought no doubt

Long John
All Star

Re: Offaly Senior Hurling Championship

Post by Long John »

Have to say Coolderry again. They had an off day in the All Ireland final where everything that could go wrong did go wrong. On another day against Lougheil I think they would be good enough to beat them.

Rynaghs have to start producing the goods. The pressure is on them now. They have had a huge amount of underage talent in recent years and with both intermediate and Junior A teams so strong last year they obviously have alot of strenght in depth.

Birr improved last year and should be there therabouts. Clareen seem to have fallen away a bit with Shinrone improving alot.

Relegation will be between Shamrocks struggling to field a team, Drumcullen are quiet weak, and Brosna Gaels who I would think will be ok as they have a very dedicated Manager and a good genuine interest and drive.