Hard Luck to Gallen

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Truth as i see it
All Star

Hard Luck to Gallen

Post by Truth as i see it »

Just want to say hard luck to Gallen, just watching on tv it looked like it was just one of those days, gotta hand it to cookstown they have an awesome side especially in midfield and the half forward line, and the best team won on the day no doubt, but this team is not as bad as that scoreline suggests, i suppose i'm just clutching at straws here but i hope this experience fuels their determination to get back to Croke park again, hopefully it won't have the adverse affect of turning them off the game, i actually think in the long run it might be a blessing in disguise, remember these lads have won at club and schools level right the way through and maybe a dose of a loss on finals day might be the making of them down the road, sometimes its no harm, remember too that Laois had winning minor and u-21 winning sides for a number of years but it never materialized into senior success because a lot of those guys felt that they had won everything before they got to senior and did'nt need to prove themselves, anyway keep the heads up lads you done the county proud to get to the finals again this year.

DAF
All Star

Re: Hard Luck to Gallen

Post by DAF »

Number 11 for Cookstown was outstanding.Loughran was his name one to watch for the future I would think.

Cookstown were a mile bigger than Gallen they looked like a senior team and as a result won the vast majority of the 50:50 balls

ryot
All Star
Club: Doon

Post by ryot »

Just not Gallen's day.

So many little things went wrong, a stray kick here, a a handpass there.

Possibly beating Cookstown in the semi last year took the edge off.

After all that Cookstown were awesome and were well deserving their win but 2 Leinsters and an All-Ireland for most of this Gallen side is not a bad record.

They lads all tried their best and no fault just "hard luck" lads.

Unrealbanter
Junior B
Club: Tullamore

Post by Unrealbanter »

A few of Gallens big players never got in to the game yesterday! Have to say though that cookestown were very very good !! Cookestown would have given edenderry a better game than enniskillen did!!! Some achievement for marys, well deserved they are a serious outfit 8)