2012 Football Transfers

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
bluegoalie
Junior B

2012 Football Transfers

Post by bluegoalie »

Lads just wondering has anyone heard any rumours about transfers yet this year. I heard some high profile ones at the weekend in a bit of pub chat :lol: just wondering is there any truth in them. A certain shamrocks player (not Nigel Dunne!!!) was mentioned!!

happy harry
Intermediate

Re: 2012 Football Transfers

Post by happy harry »

pj ward ?/but he is retired?? nigel dunne to clara? what other high profile players is there????

happy harry
Intermediate

Post by happy harry »

pj ward ?/but he is retired?? nigel dunne to clara? what other high profile players is there????

esb_lad
Junior A
Club: Rynaghs

Post by esb_lad »

wouldnt believe everything you hear bluegoalie. ur either another stirrer or u were filled with sh1t by another stirrer...
ive heard rumours myself that a certain blue is headed south to his fathers homeplace, but then again this is merely pointless pubtalk

Offaly Proud
Junior A
Club: clara

Post by Offaly Proud »

There is a strong rumour that there is a new addition to the football panel for the O Byrne Cup.Someone from Kilmacud with Offaly connections.

bluegoalie
Junior B

Post by bluegoalie »

Esb Lad- definately not trying to stir any sh1te and I know the pub is not the best source for information but I do know that any potential transfer will have to be processed shortly so any rumours will becoming offical very soon. just trying to get them as soon as there available.

the Untouchable
All Star

Post by the Untouchable »

With the January transfer window about to open surely we can expect to see massive transfer activity.

Don't know why lads are jumping ship in Shamrocks...didn't most of them retire last year...thus the reason they didn't have more than the bare 15 for some of their matches!!! Hardly makes them the most desireable, if they've just had a year out of the game!!

Just a point of note which I'm sure most people are aware of, its pretty easy to get a transfer to a club out of the county, but within the county is very tricky to justify.

Definitely think Offaly senior management need to look for players eligible to play for Offaly playing outside the county...they'd be bound to be playing in a more competitive club championship than the garbage regularly served up in Offaly senior club championship matches!!!
The Untouchable

Jack The Lad
Junior B
Club: GAA

Post by Jack The Lad »

Can anybody shed anymore light on who these lads looking for transfers are and where are they heading?

happy harry
Intermediate

Post by happy harry »

this is the same old thing every year , people create stories i think.
nigel dunne is suposed to be transfering here there and everywhere.
its nonsense he went to dublin cos of a job offer and he would not have left shamrocks otherwise.
my bet is that he'd return there before clara, pollagh
pj ward is retired so he goin nowhere unless to manage a team
niall mac to sarsfields will NEVER EVER happen end of

Lean Times
County player

Post by Lean Times »

Did any transfers materialise in the end? I heard Bracken from Raheen is transferred to a club in Dublin. Brian Connor and Noel Andrew Graham supposedly heading to Boston for the summer so they will be a massive loss for their respective clubs, especially for Cappincur who would have been hoping to keep the team that captured the Junior A together for a crack at Intermediate.