McNamee to kildare

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
townman
All Star

McNamee to kildare

Post by townman »

has anyone been reading or heard this rubbish that Niall Mc wants in with kildare has to be a joke or is it
would be some player for kildare to have would be some kick in the b.lls for the offaly county board and offaly football
if he did.

is he still working for tom cribbin in portlaoise maybe Cribbin is in his ear to switch to kildare as tom himself is a clane man
he might do for kildare that Larry thompkins did for cork in the 80's. :shock:

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Re: McNamee to kildare

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

McNamee has already dismissed the rumour. Did so late last night when he tweeted "All the speculations about me joining Kildare next year are COMPLETELY false"
townman wrote:has anyone been reading or heard this rubbish that Niall Mc wants in with kildare has to be a joke or is it
would be some player for kildare to have would be some kick in the b.lls for the offaly county board and offaly football
if he did.

is he still working for tom cribbin in portlaoise maybe Cribbin is in his ear to switch to kildare as tom himself is a clane man
he might do for kildare that Larry thompkins did for cork in the 80's. :shock:
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

RhodeRunner
Intermediate

Post by RhodeRunner »

Plain of the Herbs wrote:McNamee has already dismissed the rumour. Did so late last night when he tweeted "All the speculations about me joining Kildare next year are COMPLETELY false"
That's not Niall McNamee tweeting! its someone with issues pretending to be Niall McNamee

Long John
All Star

Post by Long John »

Ridiculous story. Niall is a proud Offaly man. The people in the press that print this crap have'nt a clue and filling some space. We should know that on a local level.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

RhodeRunner wrote:
Plain of the Herbs wrote:McNamee has already dismissed the rumour. Did so late last night when he tweeted "All the speculations about me joining Kildare next year are COMPLETELY false"
That's not Niall McNamee tweeting! its someone with issues pretending to be Niall McNamee
I'm Brian and so is my wife!
Imagine if Kildare spent a fortune signing up the wrong Niall McNamee.

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

Imagine if they spent a fortune signing the real Niall Mc, which one would turn up? The one that kicks the handy ones wide or the spell binding talent who can destroy a backline though his sheer skill and ball winning ability!!??
I would not rule this out just yet, his outburst over the Offaly managers situation may be the opportunity to jump ship. When you see the managerial merry go round and the gravy train that entails, at both club and county, its only a matter of time before there are a few players jumping onboard, and who could blame them? I would hate to see him go but the modern world does not run on loyalty alone. He'd be some loss to Rhode in particular.
He's a decent bloke and a fella who should be a football ambassador around the county, would be a terrible development to see a lad like that leave Offaly, especially for Kildare!

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Lads he's not leaving. If he was going to do that he'd be following the path paved with gold up to Dublin and hoping to get an All Ireland medal for himself - but he isn't, so it's moot.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

Ahlethimoutwithit wrote:Imagine if they spent a fortune signing the real Niall Mc, which one would turn up? The one that kicks the handy ones wide or the spell binding talent who can destroy a backline though his sheer skill and ball winning ability!!??
I would not rule this out just yet, his outburst over the Offaly managers situation may be the opportunity to jump ship. When you see the managerial merry go round and the gravy train that entails, at both club and county, its only a matter of time before there are a few players jumping onboard, and who could blame them? I would hate to see him go but the modern world does not run on loyalty alone. He'd be some loss to Rhode in particular.
He's a decent bloke and a fella who should be a football ambassador around the county, would be a terrible development to see a lad like that leave Offaly, especially for Kildare!
well if he was to go to kildare he wouldn't have to win games on his own like he has to for offaly.

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

well if he was to go to kildare he wouldn't have to win games on his own like he has to for offaly.
And your point is? He would still have to cut out the handy misses that are a feature of his game.

Long John
All Star

Post by Long John »

Lone Shark wrote:Lads he's not leaving. If he was going to do that he'd be following the path paved with gold up to Dublin and hoping to get an All Ireland medal for himself - but he isn't, so it's moot.
The path paved with gold. Well said LS. Plenty of great lads have chosen that path and it didnt work out so well for them.

Personally I dont think Niall Mac is that type of lad. Hes a proud Rhode and Offaly man that wouldnt let his ego get the better of him like some lesser talents.

Its a stupid story, ignore it, he's going nowhere. I just hope he takes the time out he needs to get himself back 100% fit. If that means not kicking for one season, so be it. He's a great talent and needs to give this injury a chance to heal.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Just to be clear, I wasn't making any moral judgements there. People need to work, and we all have to take pragmatic choices in life. If Niall was in a situation where there was no work at home and no prospect of same, I certainly wouldn't judge him for making a switch.

My only point was that if he was going to transfer, why would he go to Kildare? If he moved up to Dublin he'd be into the team straight away and would have a 30% or better chance of an All Ireland medal next year. That makes more sense than going to Moorefield or Sarsfields.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

kildare are to sign a top intercounty footballer could it be Niall :shock:

DAF
All Star

Post by DAF »

townman wrote:kildare are to sign a top intercounty footballer could it be Niall :shock:
Where did you hear that?

High School Musical
All Star
Club: St. Vincents

Post by High School Musical »

I've seen it mentioned on Hoganstand

Its all very exciting!

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

Seanie Johnson is the player been mooted on Twitter today that might be going to the Flourbag's.