Offaly County Panels

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
redser
County player

Offaly County Panels

Post by redser »

Is there any new talent that should be brought into the Offaly hurling panel?

I was reading LS's names as possibilities for call ups in the football. Dont really agree with Darby, Dooley, Donoghue, Bannon. Average club players at best.
Surely theres more players than what was named?

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

For what it's worth, of those lads it was only Darby I suggested would actually make it, at least this year. The idea was to try and mention every candidate in each club, and then give my opinion where they stood.

The hurling equivalent will be on the way once the championship ends, though as regular contributors will know, I'm a little spottier on hurling knowledge.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

For what it's worth, of those lads it was only Darby I suggested would actually make it, at least this year. The idea was to try and mention every candidate in each club, and then give my opinion where they stood.

The hurling equivalent will be on the way once the championship ends, though as regular contributors will know, I'm a little spottier on hurling knowledge.

ballymanabroad
All Star

Post by ballymanabroad »

Donaghue didnt have the best of years but in most of the games he played he marked the opposition team's best player and his attacking game was severly curtailed by that and his position of corner back. Mark him down as an Offaly senior in years to come.
It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it's the pebble in your shoe - Muhammad Ali

redser
County player

Post by redser »

Sorry LS but i disagree. Darby is part of a good Rhode team with good players around him. I thought he was given a torid time in the county final especially when Molloy came on and he had been in trouble up to that aswel.

From Rhode the only new recruits id be looking at are Cassidy and Hope. Even at that i dont think either would be in line for a starting place. Barry Malone if fit should be good enough for a place.

Edenderrys Johnny Hurst has to be tried at corner back this coming year. Full back line is a big problem.