Leinster Championship Draws 2012

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
uibhfhailiabu
County player

Leinster Championship Draws 2012

Post by uibhfhailiabu »

Hurlers have been drawn to play Wexford in the quarter-final. I presume this will be in Tullamore as per Home/Away arrangement? Winners go on to play probably Galway in the semi presuming they beat either Antrim or Westmeath. Not a bad draw here, hopefully with a positive managerial appointment we could push on from our narrow defeats with Galway and Dublin the past couple of years and hopefully turn narrow defeats into narrow victories.

Footballers drawn to play Kildare in the quarter-final with the winners playing Meath, Wicklow or Carlow. Going on our performance in recent years leinster championships, its hard to see anything other than a Kildare win there.
Keep The Faith

happy harry
Intermediate

Re: Leinster Championship Draws 2012

Post by happy harry »

I THINK THATS A TOUGH DRAW FOR THE FOOTBALLERS BUT KILDARE USUALLY START SLOW AND GET PROGRESSIVLY BETTER AS THE YEARS GOES ON

kinnittyman
All Star

Post by kinnittyman »

I'd say we're looking at a Saturday evening fixture in O'Connor Park for the Offaly Wexford game. The Leinster Council seem to like fixing Leinster Championship hurling games for Saturday evenings. Off the top of my head, last year they had Galway v Westmeath, Wexford v Kilkenny and Dublin v Galway. Probably don't want them clashing with big football games on television. Way too early to be making predictions at this stage but suffice to say we have a tough route to make a first Leinster Final in 8 years. Seems surreal to say we haven't won a Leinster Senior Hurling Championship in nearly 17 years.

As for the footballers Kildare gave Offaly the runaround in Portlaoise a few years ago and nothing has happened since to indicate it won't happen again.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

In my opinion they fix the Leinster Championship matches on Saturdays to avoid clashes with the mullocking / walloping Championship that goes on in the Southern-most province.

I think having Offaly and Wexford on a Sunday would make a huge difference to the occasion. And feck television.
kinnittyman wrote:I'd say we're looking at a Saturday evening fixture in O'Connor Park for the Offaly Wexford game. The Leinster Council seem to like fixing Leinster Championship hurling games for Saturday evenings. Off the top of my head, last year they had Galway v Westmeath, Wexford v Kilkenny and Dublin v Galway. Probably don't want them clashing with big football games on television. Way too early to be making predictions at this stage but suffice to say we have a tough route to make a first Leinster Final in 8 years. Seems surreal to say we haven't won a Leinster Senior Hurling Championship in nearly 17 years.

As for the footballers Kildare gave Offaly the runaround in Portlaoise a few years ago and nothing has happened since to indicate it won't happen again.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Fargo Boyle
All Star

Post by Fargo Boyle »

happy harry wrote:I THINK THATS A TOUGH DRAW FOR THE FOOTBALLERS BUT KILDARE USUALLY START SLOW AND GET PROGRESSIVLY BETTER AS THE YEARS GOES ON
no need to shout Happy Harry, we can read it just fine in normal size font

durra1
All Star
Club: Durrow/Ballinamere

Post by durra1 »

Kildare defenders anxiously watch an Offaly high ball dropping on the ’21 in the 2012 LFC....
Attachments
Kildare Full Back Line.jpg
Kildare Full Back Line.jpg (25.91 KiB) Viewed 6821 times

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

durra1 wrote:Kildare defenders anxiously watch an Offaly high ball dropping on the ’21 in the 2012 LFC....
Is that the new kildare jersey for 2012 or thats what they will be selling in their new GAA shops to open up soon :lol:

happy harry
Intermediate

Post by happy harry »

kildare is a tough opener no doubt but we have to embrace the challenge and not fear the over hyped lillies....the whole aura they try and create around themselves is due to thier lack of success over the course of the gaa history...and this ''severe ''' training and so on is a ploy to have teams fear and respect them.

Tar Man
Junior A
Club: Shamrocks

Post by Tar Man »

Is that the New Offaly full forward Obama that I see in the picture