club hurling semi finals

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
black and red exile
All Star

club hurling semi finals

Post by black and red exile »

Just a question for everyone, does anybody give Kinnity or Shinrone any chance on Sunday? I believe Birr will win with ease in second gear, all though I was impressed with Shinrone in the quarter finals. I've a feeling Kinnity will push Coolderry all the way but will fall short by 3 or 4 points at the finish. any thoughts?

Bogman
All Star

Post by Bogman »

Historically Birr have often had a scare before the final. So maybe Shinrone will give them a game but hard to see it on the form.

Kinnitty and Coolderry are old rivals. So it'll be tough and hard. Kinnitty have some promising players. I expect Coolderry to be really up for this and I imagine they'll edge it out.

Birr and Coolderry seem like the clear No. 1 and No. 2 in Offaly but Coolderry are a long way behind Birr on this year's evidence. They beat Birr fair and square last year but Birr seem to have moved up a level.

Birr's form is awesome this year. They must be long odds on to win it out and I reckon they could go well in Leinster.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Funnily enough Coolderry haven't looked as good as Birr, but for all that, they've still won by as large margins all along. And while Birr's group looked stronger on paper, Shinrone beat Skenach and Kinnitty beat Rynagh's so you'd have to wonder if that's really the case - maybe just on tradition we're overestimating the teams Birr played?

However looking at the games you couldn't see Birr being stopped until they meet a Munster team at the earliest though, certainly with Hayden due to come back in as well.