Junior A Hurling

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
kingscounty
All Star

Re: Junior A Hurling

Post by kingscounty »

edenderry 1-12 raheens 1-05. edenderry far better on the day and really should have done better earlier in the year.should do well next year if they get all players back and get stuck in.raheens should over come brosna gaels,raheens were unlucky this year and ran most of the teams very close. killeigh had qualified already so maybe tonight against k/k they were not up for the game,but they cant afford to slip up again its knock out now and next game will tell how much progress they have made this year.k/k did well and im sure will have some say left in this years championship.

keenonsport
Junior A

Post by keenonsport »

Final Round of Group Results from Tonight
Group 1
Killeigh 0-06 Kilcormac 0-13
Drumcullen 1-09 Shinrone 2-12
Edenderry 1-12 Raheen 1-05
Group 2
Tullamore 1-14 Birr 0-07
St. Rynaghs 1-16 Ballinamere 1-09
Belmont 0-12 Kinnity 1-12

That leaves the 1/4 finals as follows:
Killeigh -V- Tullamore
Shinrone -V- Ballinamere
Kilcormac -V- Kinnity
Clareen -V- St. Rynaghs

As far as I know there has been no date set as of yet for the 1/2 finals but I would hazard a guess that they will take place on the weekend of the 17/18 September.

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

any word on when 1/4 finals are on?

puzzled
All Star
Club: neutral

Post by puzzled »

kingscounty wrote:any word on when 1/4 finals are on?
Junior quarter finals are fixed for the weekend 24/25th no other details are available yet!

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

thats some joke,why are they leaving it so late.teams form will have gone out the window.easy for lads to get pissed off waiting for that

Slieve Bloom Man
County player

Post by Slieve Bloom Man »

Friday 23rd September
Tullamore Court Hotel Junior A Football Championship Quarter/Final
Kilcormac/K v Ferbane Ballinamere E Dunne 7.30 pm

Saturday 24th September
Tullamore Court Hotel Intermediate Football Championship Semi/Final
St Brigids v Clonbullogue O C P P Jordan 4.30 pm
Linesmen, E Dunne, M Carty.
Aidan Bracken Building Design Intermediate Hurling Semi/Finals
Brosna Gaels v Birr Lusmagh M Kirwan 3.00 pm
St Rynaghs v Ballinamere Rath N Flynn 4.30 pm
Aidan Bracken Building Design Junior A Hurling Quarter/Finals
Killeigh v Tullamore Killurin C Groome 2.30 pm
Shinrone v Ballinamere Rath T Carroll 2.30 pm
Tullamore Court Hotel Junior A Football Championship Quarter/Final
Clara v Ballinagar O C P M Carty 3.00 pm
Linesmen, P Jordan, P Pierce.

Sunday 25th September
Tullamore Court Hotel Senior Football Championship Semi/Finals
Gracefield v Edenderry O C P N Cooney 2.00 pm
Linesmen, D Brazil, Pauric Gallagher.
Rhode v Clara O C P D Brazil 3.30 pm
Linesmen, N Cooney, Pat Gallagher.
Aidan Bracken Building Design Junior A Hurling Quarter/Finals
Kilcormac/K v Kinnitty Rath D Cooke 12 noon
Seir Kieran v St Rynaghs Birr M Walsh 12 noon

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

KILLEIGH V TULLAMORE ; killeigh red hot to win this one but il go for tullamore to win by 3points./ SHINRONE V BALLINAMERE ; shinrone look like they are going well this year but ballinamere were in the final last year and are a good knock out team , ballinamere by 4 points . / K/K V KINNITTY ; k/k started group stages well but had some shock results in the latter stages and just made it through to 1/4 final with a great win against a fancied killeigh team.kinnitty dont normally do good outside group stages and il go for k/k by 6 points. SEIR K / ST.RYNAGHS ; seir k did well to come through group stages with good wins against edenderry and raheens, but i feel st.rynaghs will have to much for them in this 1/4 final and i would fancy rynaghs to win championship this year.rynaghs by 7 points.

puzzled
All Star

Post by puzzled »

Killiegh v Tullamore
Killiegh will have too much for Tullamore,add in all that Damien Fox knows about the Tullamore team and Killiegh will win this by 7-9 points!
Shinrone v Ballinamere
This could be the best of the quarter finals,Shinrone are young fit and well able to hurl but Ballinamere will bring bags of experience and plenty of physicality to this game its a hard one to call but i'm going for Shinrone by 2points!
K/K v Kinnitty
K/K got the fright of their lives when they had to beat Killiegh in the last group game but they came through that with flying colours,they will have too much firepower upfront for Kinnitty,K/K to win this 6-8 points!
Seir Kieran v St.Rynaghs
One sided affair here Seir Kieran are probably the weakest team left in the championship and Rynaghs will fancy themselves to beat anyone that they meet from here on in,Rynaghs 10 points + !

puzzled
All Star

Post by puzzled »

Quarter final results from today
Killiegh 2-9 Tullamore 2-6
Ballinamere 1-13 Shinrone 2-6
I was at the Ballinamere game at halftime it looked like Shinrone were in control(2-4-0-5) but they were completely out hurled in the second half,but they still had chances to win this,Shinrone had a penalty with about 5mins left they brought their goalie up and he was more concerned about telling the Ballinamere guys what he was going to do and when he eventually got around to hitting it,it was blocked and cleared!
Considering the second half that Ballinamere put in if they can hurl like that in the sem-final they wont mind who they get in the draw!
Anyone at the Killiegh game? Bit closer than I expected but Killiegh will be happy to be in the semis!

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

puzzled wrote:Quarter final results from today
Killiegh 2-9 Tullamore 2-6
Ballinamere 1-13 Shinrone 2-6
I was at the Ballinamere game at halftime it looked like Shinrone were in control(2-4-0-5) but they were completely out hurled in the second half,but they still had chances to win this,Shinrone had a penalty with about 5mins left they brought their goalie up and he was more concerned about telling the Ballinamere guys what he was going to do and when he eventually got around to hitting it,it was blocked and cleared!
Considering the second half that Ballinamere put in if they can hurl like that in the sem-final they wont mind who they get in the draw!
Anyone at the Killiegh game? Bit closer than I expected but Killiegh will be happy to be in the semis!
i was at killeigh game,killeigh didnt impress at all.tullamore were well in this game and could have won it if they had 1 or 2 more scoring forwards.killeigh got a lucky goal in the second half that proved to be the winner,i thought tullamore did very well considering killeigh were red hot going into this game.i cant see killeigh winning the championship after a performance like this but they wont mind a win is a win and their still in it and only two games left so they will fancy their chances.by the looks of the shinrone result it looks like ballinamere group was strong enough,anyone know what the semi final line up is?

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Semi final draw is tomorrow in O'Connor Park after the football I believe.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

uimhir a cuig
Junior C

Post by uimhir a cuig »

Kilcormac Killoughy 1-8, Kinnitty 2-7... Heard Rynaghs beat Clareen... Any word on other match?!?

middleman
Junior B

Post by middleman »

was at the rynaghs clareen game. It must be said this was a great game of hurling considering the conditions. The weather suited clareen the better as it slowed the game down and they looked like they were going to spring a surprise half way through the second half. It was nip and tuck until a mix up between rynaghs corner back and goalkeeper gave clareen their second goal and put them 2 points ahead but all credit to rynaghs they came back with some lovely scores and in the end drew away comfortable winners. The final score was 1-21 to 2-12. I must also menton the birr playing surface which held up very well given the conditions.

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

massive score from st.rynaghs,it looks like clareen put up a good fight fair play to them.1-21 from a junior side is huge score,all the other games were low scoring,rynaghs must be flying it this year? im surprised k/k were beaten by kinnitty,i thought k/k might reach the final again this year.

The Double K
Junior B
Club: KIlcormac/Killoughey

Post by The Double K »

Was at the KK v Kinnitty game this morning it was very poor stuff but conditions were bad. KK had enough chances to win 3 matches. Most exciting part of the game was an altercation between Seamus Spain and Tony Carroll over a line ball.