All Ireland Hurling Final

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
townman
All Star

Re: All Ireland Hurling Final

Post by townman »

yes have to agree Galvin rode kilkenny he gave tipp 3 free for nothing plus padraig maher takes way to many steps and throws the ball a lot of the time
Tommy Walsh MOTH he was unreal today also Brian Hogan showed how much he was missed last year and Shefflin was great again today tipp put 3 different men
on him. they were far better than the 4 points they won by i think you can say they are the best hurling team ever now.

The Double K
Junior B
Club: KIlcormac/Killoughey

Post by The Double K »

Lads, think ye might be a bit harsh on Gavin. No referee is goin to get every decision right, yes he made mistakes but none of them were match changing decisions. The belt he got on the nose was his own fault should never have been that close to the row or handbags stuff. He tried to referee it in his style which is to try and allow the game to flow. A lot more referees could have spoilt that game by blowing for throw ins etc. I think for his first All Ireland he did ok, well done Brian

backofthenet
All Star

Post by backofthenet »

The Double K wrote:Lads, think ye might be a bit harsh on Gavin. No referee is goin to get every decision right, yes he made mistakes but none of them were match changing decisions. The belt he got on the nose was his own fault should never have been that close to the row or handbags stuff. He tried to referee it in his style which is to try and allow the game to flow. A lot more referees could have spoilt that game by blowing for throw ins etc. I think for his first All Ireland he did ok, well done Brian
Not trying to be too harsh double k and in fairness he did do ok, but the decisions he got wrong did change the game in favour of tipperary. They scored one point from play in the first half and were still within a few points of kk at half time, this was due to some bad decision making by the ref. Performed a bit better in the second half but again the decisions he got wrong were bad ones, blowing paul murphy for catching it three times after he got fouled by bonnar maher totally turned the game back into tipps favour again just as kk were getting a massive lift had he cleared.

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

i knew kilkenny would win this game,these boys are just a class team.most of them have 5 or 6 all ireland medals and know how to win,the defeat last year drove them on again this year.they all played well as a team today,hogan was good at centre back,walsh class as always,micheal fennelly very reliable.for me i thought corner back murphy stood out,his first all ireland and the way he played you think he had been corner back for years,hes my MOTH.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

the word today is that Jackie Tyrell is in hospital having Lar Corbett surgical remove from his arse pocket :lol:

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

Jesus I'd say townman might need to be surgically removed from Kilkenny! Serious wannabe