Offaly Senior Football Club Championship 2011

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Re: Offaly Senior Football Club Championship 2011

Post by Lone Shark »

I'd say it's more because bookies don't like covering games where there is little or nothing at stake myself.

Walsh Island have a lot more to fight for than Gracefield - they could be the one for this week's money I'd say.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

naasmanxrhode
All Star

Post by naasmanxrhode »

Real Rob wrote:Maybe its because of Rhode's off the field Problems leading into the Game that Paddy Power is not covering it
this should not be tolerated by any club???
Be careful out their

Junior A

Post by 1964 »

Just heard what the so called problems are. There is a few Rhode players that should be ran from offaly never mind Rhode. I hear alot of people in Rhode ain't happy. Bringing the clubs good name into the gutter.

On this weekends game tullamore are in deep deep trouble we are up shit creek without a paddle.can't see us getting within 5 points if tubber. Injury lust has got bigger too.

offalyman08
All Star

Post by offalyman08 »

1964 wrote:Just heard what the so called problems are. There is a few Rhode players that should be ran from offaly never mind Rhode. I hear alot of people in Rhode ain't happy. Bringing the clubs good name into the gutter.

On this weekends game tullamore are in deep deep trouble we are up shit creek without a paddle.

That word S**T is very appropriate to your first statement!!!! :)

Junior A

Post by 1964 »

offalyman08 wrote:
1964 wrote:Just heard what the so called problems are. There is a few Rhode players that should be ran from offaly never mind Rhode. I hear alot of people in Rhode ain't happy. Bringing the clubs good name into the gutter.

On this weekends game tullamore are in deep deep trouble we are up shit creek without a paddle.

That word S**T is very appropriate to your first statement!!!! :)

Very apt indeed.seemingly it was in the papers this week just mentioning a midland clubs. We all know who that is now

alltheway
Intermediate

Post by alltheway »

What paper did this appear in? Is there any harm in asking what the offence was without naming names?

offalyguy
Junior B

Post by offalyguy »

Is was in The Star & The Herald. Word is getting around who the club was. Also I can hazard a guess who the player with the 'medical problem'

http://www.herald.ie/news/hotel-room-fo ... 50176.html

brian fantana
Intermediate
Club: rhode

Post by brian fantana »

not a nice thing to happen atal. but dont believe everything you see in the paper, people in glasshouses shouldnt throw stones by the way and ill leave it at that.

faithfullad
Senior

Post by faithfullad »

Quarter Finals are:
Rhode v Walsh Island
Erin Rovers v Clara
Edenderry v St. Rynaghs
Ferbane v Gracefield

Junior A

Post by 1964 »

Tullamore bet tubber by nine points and prob should have won by more. Its a pity they left it this late to produce this type of football.plenty of good football there alot of young lads so with the right man over them they could be a serious team next year. As for Brian mcmanus jumping into the terrace afterwards looking to fight someone and everyone.someone obviously said something un the terrace to annoy him. But he was going for a man who would not say a word to anybody an old man. Got fairly heated then but no punch thrown. But mcmanus looked like a clown jumping into the terrace.

Long John
All Star

Post by Long John »

As I expected the Blues got their act together when it mattered. They nearly always do to be fair to them. We have seen them win county finals that they looked completely outclassed in. They just keep plugging away and hanging in there. Credit to them.

As for the Brian McManus incident. It really did look terrible. Brian will surely get a severe suspension and that is only right but I hope it is looked into properly to ensure that any provocation is also punished.

Hyper
All Star

Post by Hyper »

1964, what is your problem? Were you born in 2004? Its people like you that the aforementioned (by you) should be jumping in to. You seem to be nothing only a s..t stirrer........

Junior A

Post by 1964 »

Hyper grow up. i just stated the facts. I know what was said and if a player jumps into the stand after been told to hang up his boots. He has serious anger issues. You trying to defend a player jumping into the terrace is pathetic.

llkj
All Star

Post by llkj »

Getting back to matters football related, there are some interesting 1/4 finals in prospect. are the scorelines on the offaly gaa results section correct? Did Edenderry and Erin R. really only score 3 points each in their final group games? If that is the case, then it doesn't exactly bode well for for them in the knockouts, unless of course they had 1/2 an eye each on trying to avoid Clara in the next game... If so, whoever kicked the all important 3rd point for ER will be in for extra laps at training on Tuesday night (scoring different ended up being 1 in the difference). only joking of course....

Relegation should be interesting tussle. It looks like Tubber will have too much for Shamrocks, but can't see them going down without a fight.

On the evidence of group, I am going for Clara, Rhode, Ferbane, St. R for semi finals. Any thoughts?

True Red
All Star

Post by True Red »

Scoreline from the Eadan Doire v Rod game was 1-14 to 1-9.
If you don’t stand for something you fall for anything