hello from Yokohama Deise

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
yokohama deise
Junior B

hello from Yokohama Deise

Post by yokohama deise »

bit of time on my ands lads and just wanted to say Hello and pass on my best wishes to all the uibh Fhaili hurling supporters .... hope your good days return soon!

always admired your great teams of the 80's and 90's who put it up to the big boys even with a tiny pick!

Keep the faith!

(and come visit us down in the lovely deise ... we share a great hatred for KK and Tipp)

ballymanabroad
All Star

Post by ballymanabroad »

Up the Deise indeed. And very welcome you are. I live with a load of rebels and it would have been great if you could have taken them this year. Next year perhaps.

By the way, who is Lafcadio Hearn?
It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it's the pebble in your shoe - Muhammad Ali

yokohama deise
Junior B

Post by yokohama deise »

we can always hope but tis looking like we may have missed the boat with this team ... we'll keep the faith all the same!

yokohama deise
Junior B

Post by yokohama deise »

Lefkadio Hearne is probably the most famous Irish person in Japan after Enya!

he was born in Greece with an Irish dad and Greek mother ... grew up in Ireland and went vis America to Japan where he became well known for writing down rural Japanese stories and as a lecturer in Waseda (the j-equivalent of trinity) university,

from http://www.inj-yokohama.com click on the link just left of English and scroll down until you see Greek style writing saying lefkadio hearne and click on that & then on the English link if you want to know more!

his japanese name is Koizumi Yakumo