Offaly V Monaghan, SFC qualifier, 25/6/2011

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Long John
All Star

Re: Offaly V Monaghan, SFC qualifier, 25/6/2011

Post by Long John »

Lone Shark wrote:
Real Rob wrote:..... now im not trying to say Deehan and Reynolds are work beaters but they should both be playing against Monaghan
And maybe they would be. Removing themselves from eligibility for selection is hardly the way to go about it.
Removing themselves or pushed I wonder.

Maybe they just wanted to be able to go to the Brewery Tap without Duignan and the rest of the county on their back.
They spent enough time there before the big games.

Two ego's bigger than the squad. Pity about Deehan, plenty of ability but not a bit of cop on. Reynolds, well, plenty of ego that's about it. Keep the collar's up boys.

This might be the start of the clean up, out with the trash.

offalyman08
All Star

Post by offalyman08 »

Long John wrote: Removing themselves or pushed I wonder.
Deehan hasnt been seen since the Wexford game so that's hardly been pushed..
Reynolds quit Saturday night

Real Rob
Junior B
Club: Offaly NYC

Post by Real Rob »

Maybe they just wanted to be able to go to the Brewery Tap without Duignan and the rest of the county on their back.

Two ego's bigger than the squad. Pity about Deehan, plenty of ability but not a bit of cop on. Reynolds, well, plenty of ego that's about it. Keep the collar's up boys.

Long John you Love the Clara Lads I think everyone knows that ya most of got Heartbroken over there or something, sure maybe if Cribbin goes at the end of the Year you'll be the new man ya seem to have all the Answers on here you should put them to good use in Management, only thing is the Hawks won't play for ya id say but sure no doubt you'll still have the Answer

Long John
All Star

Post by Long John »

Real Rob wrote:

Long John you Love the Clara Lads I think everyone knows that ya most of got Heartbroken over there or something, sure maybe if Cribbin goes at the end of the Year you'll be the new man ya seem to have all the Answers on here you should put them to good use in Management, only thing is the Hawks won't play for ya id say but sure no doubt you'll still have the Answer
The two lads are no loss to the panel. Dress it up how you like but Deehan has not got the commitment to be a county footballer and Reynolds just isn't good enough. This is men and boy's. They both got on against Wexford and neither got a kick of it.

As you think I have something against Clara in general I will just say Scott Brady is a good servant and deserves to be on the county panel. I'd prefer to see him in Midfield. Ross Brady then is another story. He is very poor.
And to be fair the Magpie on here is a decent auld sod. We dont always agree but he appears to be a good Offaly GAA man.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Team named to play Monaghan, same as against Wexford but for Niall Darby coming in to replace Anton.

I'd be surprised if that's how they start, but still I suppose there is something to be said for letting the lads that got us into this mess, get us out of it.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

offalyman08
All Star

Post by offalyman08 »

Lone Shark wrote:Team named to play Monaghan, same as against Wexford but for Niall Darby coming in to replace Anton.

I'd be surprised if that's how they start, but still I suppose there is something to be said for letting the lads that got us into this mess, get us out of it.
While it has been named the same it definitely wont be ... Scott Brady will be centre back, Joe Quinn full back and a few other changes

Offaly2010
All Star
Club: Gracefield

Post by Offaly2010 »

Monaghan (SFC v Offaly) - M Keogh; C Galligan, K Duffy, D Morgan; O Duffy, Darren Hughes, N McAdam; O Lennon, D Clerkin; M Downey, B O'Brien, D McKenna; C McGuinness, P Finlay, C McManus.

Paul Finlay at full forward, if Scott Brady stays at full back, I really fear for us tomorrow night with Conor McManus in there aswell. Elsewhere, Monaghan are really not that strong. Smith should be well able to match (if not better) Dick Clerkin in the middle of the field and deliver quick ball inside . Despite the result against Wexford, if Offaly can deliver qiuck, direct ball into McNamee, I honestly think we can cause a shock tomorrow night.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

only one change for offaly Niall Darby in for Anto o'Sullivan from the team that lost to wexford, beaten by 14 point's and only one change thats because Anto is hurt
it's a joke isn't it...... :oops:

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

Real Rob wrote:
Don't think you can really defend Deehan since he was brought on in the 1st half and was totally non-existent for the rest of the game. I suppose you wanted lads who were playing well before the Wexford game to be dropped in favour of Reynolds/Deehan for no apparent reason. They were both brought on. What more do you want?

Well maybe neither played Well when introduced against Wexford in your eye's,but at the same time how could Cribbin not play both next time out as these lads who played Great coming up to the Wexford Game just did not perform in the actual Game itself, now im not trying to say Deehan and Reynolds are work beaters but they should both be playing against Monaghan
the point i would make is how long are we looking at Deehan and Reynold's to long they are there 6 or 7 year's if they can't get on that average offaly team after
that length of time they should forget about it and let young players have a crack at it. they wouldn't have make a differ if they had to start again wexford anyway
they might not be as bad but they wouldn't have been any better either.

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

A chance to restore the pride and extend the summer.

You can do it lads!!!

COME ON OFFALY!!!!!!
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Abercrombie Fitch
County player

Post by Abercrombie Fitch »

faithfullad wrote:
Real Rob wrote:
Gone??? Since Wexford game? Any others? Cant believe they jumped ship
They are Both not happy to be Sub's, don't really think ya could blame them considering Offaly were beat by 14points against Wexford and the Forward line apart from McNamee was absolutely Terrible
Don't think you can really defend Deehan since he was brought on in the 1st half and was totally non-existent for the rest of the game. I suppose you wanted lads who were playing well before the Wexford game to be dropped in favour of Reynolds/Deehan for no apparent reason. They were both brought on. What more do you want?
Deehan was brought on to play as a 3rd midfielder from my view in the terrace. A running, roving role like Anton. Now Tomo is one of the best forwards in Offaly (the best, Niall aside) but if Cribben thinks he is best utilised in this role then he's for the birds. He left Casey in around the goal for the whole second half, and he missed the easiest open goal you'll see all year.

walshisland
Junior A
Club: 15

Post by walshisland »

had a very weird dream last night about this match! :oops:

we somehow went down to 14 men after 10minutes! :?

was a very confusing game!
McGuinness got a goal for monaghan just before the brake to leave the side .

The 2nd was bazaar :)

it involved 2 female streakers! :roll:

and a 74th minuted goa by Nial smith to win the match by 1 point! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thereorthereabouts
County player

Post by Thereorthereabouts »

WalshIsland you better ease off the pot for a bit!!

Best of luck to the Offaly lads - Hope we put in a performance at least, win or lose!
The fight is won or lost far away from the witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road; long before I dance under those lights

Thereorthereabouts
County player

Post by Thereorthereabouts »

Offaly 7-1 to beat Cork
and 3-1 to beat Wexford (Both ladbrokes)

Massive prices in matches that I think will be closer than the handicapper [Hurlers ( +8 ) and the Footballers ( +3 )] judges.

Worth a tenner double with a return of 330 if it comes in.

..... maybe Im being very optimistic ...... but worth a tenner all the same!
The fight is won or lost far away from the witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road; long before I dance under those lights

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

It looked to me like Deehan went into the full-forward line and Nigel Dunne came outfield.

Why, oh why do Offaly footballers insist on playing three in the full-forward line? This isn't hurling.
Abercrombie Fitch wrote:Deehan was brought on to play as a 3rd midfielder from my view in the terrace. A running, roving role like Anton. Now Tomo is one of the best forwards in Offaly (the best, Niall aside) but if Cribben thinks he is best utilised in this role then he's for the birds. He left Casey in around the goal for the whole second half, and he missed the easiest open goal you'll see all year.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.