Offaly u21 Hurling

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Greenwhiteandgold
Intermediate

Re: Offaly u21 Hurling

Post by Greenwhiteandgold »

Dublin beat carlow 4-11 to 11 points last night and go forward to play offaly in the semi final.

otb2011
Junior C

Post by otb2011 »

who is the manager and selectors of the u21 ? ?

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

The ‘Cluichí le Teacht’ page in tonight’s programme says the U21 match v Dublin is on Thursday night in Parsmell Park.

This might otherwise be OK, but the Seniors are hurling Cork on the Saturday afternoon.

THIS IS MADNESS!! Who the fluck agreed to this? I thought it was foxed for Wednesday night (Wexford v Laois is on Wednesday) and there was me wondering would they be able to wangle it so it would be on the Tuesday instead.

At the very least, Éanna Murphy is on both teams. I’ve a mental block and I can’t think who else is U21. Tom Carroll anyway, Kevin Connolly too.

MADNESS. Who agrees to this, and why? Dublin must be laughing. And Cork. And everyone else too.

Did anyone else know this? Because I didn't until tonight.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

faithfulman
Intermediate

Post by faithfulman »

Plain of the Herbs wrote:The ‘Cluichí le Teacht’ page in tonight’s programme says the U21 match v Dublin is on Thursday night in Parsmell Park.

This might otherwise be OK, but the Seniors are hurling Cork on the Saturday afternoon.

THIS IS MADNESS!! Who the fluck agreed to this? I thought it was foxed for Wednesday night (Wexford v Laois is on Wednesday) and there was me wondering would they be able to wangle it so it would be on the Tuesday instead.

At the very least, Éanna Murphy is on both teams. I’ve a mental block and I can’t think who else is U21. Tom Carroll anyway, Kevin Connolly too.

MADNESS. Who agrees to this, and why? Dublin must be laughing. And Cork. And everyone else too.

Did anyone else know this? Because I didn't until tonight.
last i heard it was fixed for tuesday night. brian mulrooney and chris mcdonald also on both panels. think connolly gone off senior panel
He is so bad in goal he needs the net in front of him.

Over The Black Spot
County player

Post by Over The Black Spot »

Game was originally fixed for Wednesday but was switched to Thursday some time last week, not sure what day I heard it.

Game was changed by Leinster Co after both Co Boards had agreed to the change. Not sure which Co Board looked for the change but one would assume Offaly didn't want the change and one would also assume that they contacted both the Senior and U21 managements before committing to the change... if it's safe to assume anything when our Co Board are involved!

I'm afraid I don't know anymore about it so someone might be able to confirm the exact details leading to the change.

puzzled
All Star
Club: neutral

Post by puzzled »

A few lads on the Offaly panel are doing the leaving cert and wont be finished untl weds evening so it was switched to accomadate them,Dublin prob have a few as well so both counties agreed to the switch!

Hard to see Joe Dooley being too happy but he must have agreed or it would hardly have happened!

Plain of the Herbs
All Star

Hmmm. Sometimes you gotta make choices though. Which is the more important overall, that a few 18 year-olds are available to the county U21 team, of that the Senior centre-back isn't still stiff and sore on the day of the Cork match?

The latter for me.
puzzled wrote:A few lads on the Offaly panel are doing the leaving cert and wont be finished untl weds evening so it was switched to accomadate them,Dublin prob have a few as well so both counties agreed to the switch!

Hard to see Joe Dooley being too happy but he must have agreed or it would hardly have happened!

Plain of the Herbs
All Star

Three changes for Dublin, Darren Kelly, Mark Schutte and Ciaran Brennan replace Stephen O’Connor, Barry Mulligan and Sean McGrath.

Dublin will line out:-
Ger McManus (St Jude’s)
Bill O’Carroll (Kilmacud Crokes)
Darren Kelly (Craobh Chiarain)
Jack Doughan (Kilmacud Crokes)
Dean Curran (Ballyboden St Enda’s)
Martin Quilty (Na Fianna)
Conor Gough (Cuala)
Danny Sutcliffe (St Jude’s)
Daire Plunkett (St Brigid’s)
Mark Schutte (Cuala)
Liam Rushe (St Patrick’s, Palmerstown)
Robbie Mahon (Craobh Chiarain)
Kevin O’Loughlin (Kilmacud Crokes)
Eamon Dillon (Naomh Fionnbarra)
Ciaran Brennan (Faughs)

walshisland
Junior A
Club: 15

Post by walshisland »

Wexford v Laois Just over
Full time score

Wexford 7-18
Laoise 2-10

Laois hurling is in some crisis.

weisford
Junior B

Post by weisford »

Is Chris Mc Donalds father from Wexford ? Ciaran ? if so

His 3 uncles played senior with wexford in 80's and 90's at various stages John , Niall and Diarmuid.

In the long grass
Senior

Post by In the long grass »

weisford wrote:Is Chris Mc Donalds father from Wexford ? Ciaran ? if so

His 3 uncles played senior with wexford in 80's and 90's at various stages John , Niall and Diarmuid.
Yes, his father does hail from Wexford! Spot on Weisford!

In the long grass
Senior

Post by In the long grass »

Anybody going to the game tonight? Last underage team left standing this year!

Greenwhiteandgold
Intermediate

Post by Greenwhiteandgold »

What is the team for tonight ???

Over The Black Spot
County player

Post by Over The Black Spot »

In the long grass wrote:Anybody going to the game tonight? Last underage team left standing this year!
Finishing up early so should be on the road before 5, giving plenty of time to get in on soak up the atmosphere. Many others going lads? I know we've a costly weekend coming up but these lads could do with a good shout on so get hold of your mates and share the ould diesel costs and try to drum up a bit of support.

Dublin look strong enough with Rushe, Plunkett, Schutte and Sutcliffe all pretty decent hurlers around the middle third. I think if we can hold our own (or even close to it) between 8 and 12 we'll have a chance but that's lately been where Offaly teams tend to get cleaned out.

Anyone any idea of our lineup? We'll need Eanna Murphy, Tom Carroll and Kevin Connolly to use the bit of experience they've gained with the Seniors and the likes of Barry Harding, Sean Coughlan, David King (and a couple more I'm probably forgetting) to turn in big performances to give us a chance.

Anyway, best of luck to the lads, here's hoping!!

puzzled
All Star
Club: neutral

Post by puzzled »

Anyone any idea of our lineup? We'll need Eanna Murphy, Tom Carroll and Kevin Connolly to use the bit of experience they've gained with the Seniors and the likes of Barry Harding, Sean Coughlan, David King (and a couple more I'm probably forgetting) to turn in big performances to give us a chance.

Anyway, best of luck to the lads, here's hoping!![/quote]

Kevin Connolly hasnt been with the panel for a few weeks now and Barry Harding refused to go in with them at the very start,so I dont think we'll be relying on their experience tonight,pity but if the interest isnt there we are better off with guys who want to wear the jersey!

Best of luck to all involved!